Lars

MOC: Brickbuilt Shadow Trooper

indexed.gif

3477722352_9aef5dcb96.jpg

I really like to make brickbuilt figures. This concept wasn't Star Wars in the beginning and the inspiration comes from a specific style of board game/comic book art. You know the kind with ridiculously big shoulder pads, thin legs and big feet.

The erlier ones I made had exo-force robot legs, but to make this shadowtrooper I had to come up with a brickbuilt solution in black. I'm going to make more of these. Star Wars characters in this style are more some kind of "Mighty Muggs" I guess. Check out the other figs at my Flickr

Any comments?

3473321317_8a89f892a8_m.jpg

Edited by KimT

Looks pretty cool. This is one of those heavy troopers right? This actually could be a good way to make them.

It does look very nice. Interesting build, very cool. :thumbup:

~Peace

That's pretty awesome.

It's kinda Star Wars meets Bionicle, in a good way.

:oh3:

Wow that's absolutely amazing :wub:

Not sure about how sturdy the legs' attachment to the feet are, but it sure looks cool.

Neat work and great use of helmets :thumbup:

Wow simply stunning Lars! Just when you think you've got no more tricks up your sleeve you pull out another ingenious and creative MOC. Nicely done and bravo :thumbup:

Very creative and intimidating; I love em! Looks like a breed between robocop and a space marine from Starcraft. It would be awesome to have an army of these guys. :classic:

i love it!! the metallic pieces go great with the shadow troopers helmet. great work!!

Lovely design Lars :thumbup: It just looks so ~exquisite~ on your brown platform/display.

I really like how you made the Shadow Trooper "buff".

Also the feet look very sturdy :thumbup:

Overall, Great Work!

Thanks. making these figs and coming up with new minifig stuff to dress them with is really fun. It makes you look at familliar pieces a whole new way. And working in a scale just slightly above minifig scale adds a lot to when you're trying to come up with good looking weapons. Visit my Flickr page for more of the non SW figs. I'm working on some post apocalyptic gerilla figs right now and a Vader is waiting to have his picture taken.

Recently I posted this little Grim Reaper.

3485787351_6bd784dd5f_t.jpg

Not sure about how sturdy the legs' attachment to the feet are, but it sure looks cool.

Neat work and great use of helmets :thumbup:

I'm not going to lie to you. Things keeps falling off when dealing with little guys, but the brickbuilt leg method is not as weak as it looks. It's at the othor end of the spectrum actually. The two bottom clips leaving little bite marks on the top clip. So that's something to concider.

The figs are great for display purposes and it's easy to get interesting poses for photos. Right now I only have three or our of these frames for figs and keep changing headgear around to find good figs to photograph. So it's not as time consuming as other projects I've been working on. I've even developed a brickbuilt turntable that goes under the backgruond paper with a technic axis turning the platform with the fig. The camera on a tripod and a few turns on a wheel and you have a pic of every angle in the same pose whithout anything falling off.

Keep the comments coming. I'm going to make more Star Wars themed figs as well.

Edited by Lars

WOW thats Awesome mate I like it how hes TANK as!!!! :tongue::wub:

keep it up and good job on the blaster as well...it's REALLY COOL!!! :wub:

CommanderFox

Those are really great!

Totaly missed those before.

It is always nice to see someone create something completley different.

Keep it up!!

Oh, and the vader looks awesome as well.

-Ras-

I've made a Vader fig as well. Any thoughts?

Only that he's one mean scary Sith Lord in your version :vader:

TLG should do a bunch of those brick-built minifigs as small display sets for us fans.

But perhaps you could share a "manual" and "inventory".