Pirates Advent Calendar

113 replies to this topic  – Started by kris kelvin , Apr 24 2009 08:29 AM

#51 Johnnhiszippy3

Johnnhiszippy3

Member: 4715

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Looks like the sawtooth shark/swordfish is just a normal shark after all.  That's too bad.

The mermaid is holding a clam shell though!

#52 The Cobra

The Cobra
  • RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

Amazon (French and Japanese version, I did not check the other ones yet) has some pics; most of them show what we already saw on the box. While here's an interesting one:

Posted Image

Are we getting a sawfish AND a shark?
Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#53 SlyOwl

SlyOwl
  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!

Member: 2057

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

View PostThe Cobra, on Jul 23 2009, 04:46 PM, said:

Amazon (French and Japanese version, I did not check the other ones yet) has some pics; most of them show what we already saw on the box. While here's an interesting one:

Are we getting a sawfish AND a shark?
The other pictures on the Japanese Amazon are simply edited out of the box (i.e. someone somewhere has a bigger picture of it...). The pirate riding the shark, however, is not... could this be a glimpse of a new set? :pir_laugh2:

There have, however, been discrepencies between the packaging and contents of Advent Calendars before - many catalogues showed the box of the Castle one next to a picture of a couple of dwarves (with non-winged helmets), which were not in the calendar, nor were they on the box...

To the barricades!
Posted Image

#54 Glacarcheo

Glacarcheo

Member: 6596

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Dang. That swordfish is pretty nice looking. I would be great for this MOC I'm thinking of starting. I might have to get this, how much is it?

EDIT: Wait it's just a normal shark?  *oh2*  :cry_sad:

Edited by Glacarcheo, 27 July 2009 - 06:15 PM.

Me said:

Moderators are people too.... right?
LEGO Wish List
Castle

Dwarves' Mine, King's Castle Siege, Trolls' Mountain Fortress, Medieval Market Village
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Republic Attack Gunship, AT-TE Walker, Republic Dropship with AT-OT, V-19 Torrent, Droid Gunship, Republic Fighter Tank, Republic Attack Shuttle, Armored Assault Tank, Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Separatist Spider Droid, Magna Guard Starfighter, Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser, Hailfire Droid and Spider Droid, Ahsoka's Starfighter and Vulture Droid
Will Get, Might Get, Most Likely Won’t Get but Like

#55 Lord Admiral

Lord Admiral

Member: 3538

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

I'm hoping it's a swordfish and not a shark. There are plenty of sharks, but I don't think they've released a swordfish yet.

It actually kinda bothers me having a minifig riding on a shark, and the size of the new shark mold is more the issue than the minifig actually on the shark. That'd be one huge shark, or one very little guy. I'm not sure a baby could ride most sharks the way that minifig rides it.

I'd love to have both, but I have to wonder how big the swordfish is going to be. Considering the diminutive size of the kraken, I'm wondering if it's going to be around the size of the old sharks.

#56 Destroydacre

Destroydacre

Member: 6646

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Obviously things can change, but based on the current box art, that appears to be a sawfish, not a swordfish and it's the same size as the old shark pieces. The sawfish would not be a new piece, they released a few with the divers line back in the late 90's. The only difference would be that the new sawfish would be in bley instead of grey.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x98

#57 WastedGrunt36

WastedGrunt36

Member: 6166

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

If I had to choose, I would probably just buy the Pirate Tic Tac Toe. It has a great selection of soldiers/pirates, but regardless, I'm buying both.

Tic Tac Toe: http://shop.lego.com...?...2750&cn=554

Edited by WastedGrunt36, 28 July 2009 - 06:10 PM.

"L'honneur et les dames."

Posted Image

#58 saberwing

saberwing

Member: 6863

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

I really hope it's a sawfish.
And the mermaid with the shell look cool too.
And some long gray hair as well! (castaway)

"Hard work never killed anyone, but why take a chance?"
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

^ created by Jebediahs^   x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x   Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image <- thanks Joey!

#59 Commander Assassin

Commander Assassin

Member: 5692

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

While browsing Brickset, I found this. I'm not sure if this has been posted before (as I'm not familiar with the Pirate forum), but to me this just seems like the Pirate's turn at an advent calendar after last years successful Castle advent calendar.  :cry_happy:  (I can only hope this will be released in North America, unlike last years advent calendar) Personally, I think this looks pretty good! What are your thoughts?

#60 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

It's been posted somewhere else I believe but could be wrong. I'm hardly on the pirate fourms. I hope it's in America also. I would rather have the castle one though.

Edited by JCC1004, 09 August 2009 - 07:35 PM.

#61 Black Rabbit

Black Rabbit

Member: 3884

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

It has been posted many times possibly because it's just too awsome to post once :pir_laugh2:
Or it could just be because some of us never go onto the pirates forum for fear of being shot out of a cannon or having our heads stuck in barrels...

#62 Spyder

Spyder
  • Minifig Identikit

Member: 5419

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

It's already been mentioned, but there are so many nice pieces in it, that I think I'll actually get it if they don't come out with a Star Wars advent calender.  :tongue:
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#63 Commander Assassin

Commander Assassin

Member: 5692

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

Realizing that this has been mentioned, moderators feel free to close this topic.

#64 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life

Member: 2630

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

Yep, this is exciting news, but it's been posted. Don't worry about it. :pir-classic:

Closed.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#65 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

Regulating Tip

When there is a thread already on the topic, merge the new thread with the old thread.  This way all the related posts are kept together and we don't end up with several smaller threads about the same thing floating around.

But well done for getting onto this quickly!   :thumbup:

Posted Image

#66 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life

Member: 2630

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:25 AM

Okey doke, I wasn't sure. Done. :pir-classic:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#67 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

Awesome!  I'll get ImperialShadows to give you a kiss as soon as possible!

Posted Image

#68 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

I hope it comes with a sword Sawfish instead of a shark. Sawfish are way better and much more rare.That picture with the pirate on the shark is insane. Hey kids, go find a shark and ride it. It's such a heart attack.. thrill ride!

Edited by JCC1004, 11 August 2009 - 07:37 AM.

#69 Tordenskjold

Tordenskjold

Member: 814

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

i've been to sweeden for some days now.   and in a toy store there they have a cataog that says that the calendar come out in oktober.  look like i have to take a trip to sweeden then  :pir_laugh2:   only 6 h  driving

#70 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous
  • RA Anniversary HP reviewer

Member: 6188

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

Wow! This looks like a must-have for all Pirates fans! As it's been pointed out, there aren't any new minifigs. The new castaway with the Dumbledore hair is technically new, but it's only a piece different. Too bad we already know the 8 minifigs, otherwise I'd have my fingers crossed for Islanders, Conquistadors, or Blue Coats  :pir-wink: I never seen the white oyster before, but if it was new, I'm sure it would have been pointed out already. I'm still praying for a sawfish! I will probably pick this up if it becomes available in the US.

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!

#71 The Cobra

The Cobra
  • RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

And the Pirates Advent Calendar finally hit Shop@Home.

Happy holidays on the high seas!

Enjoy 24 days of fun surprises with the 2009 LEGO® Pirates Advent Calendar – no looting or pillaging required! With a new buildable character or setting every day, and lots of colorful minifigures, creatures and special elements, you can create your own LEGO Pirates world and play out swashbuckling adventures on the box-lid play mat.

Each day open a new window in the specially designed Advent Calendar box!
Includes 24 pirate-themed surprises in all, plus a play mat printed on the box lid!
Includes 8 minifigures!

Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#72 Ricecracker

Ricecracker
  • Stormed Out

Member: 2221

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

It's not yet available in North America.

#73 Oky

Oky
  • I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

View PostRicecracker, on Sep 4 2009, 09:26 AM, said:

It's not yet available in North America.
And probably never will be, just like the Castle one. Figures. :pir-hmpf_bad: Oh well, at least I have a dad who does business trips to Germany. :pir-grin:

Also, it looks like it's the old sawfish after all. I would have prefered one of the new sharks, but many will be happy about this.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi, 04 September 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#74 Rick

Rick
  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)

Member: 5261

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Don't think the new shark would have fitted in one of the 'holes' of the advent calendar  :pir_laugh2:

#75 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Too bad there aren't more figs.

This would be great fun for kid's who celebrate it though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links