Jump to content


Scania R340 Topline


32 replies to this topic

#26 Dennis Bosman

Dennis Bosman

  • Truck Moc´er insane


    Posts: 59
    Joined: 17-October 09
    Member: 7878
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

I've seen lots of models with PF functionalities. It's about time I start with those as well but than I've to step back from my 1:13 scale models as they're to heavy to motorize. I still have some Black Cat wheels. I'm getting more and more curious about these kind of models as I've seen lots of nice ones last months. And they're looking great as well  :classic:
Posted Image Visit my website: www.dennisbosman.nl
Posted Image Watch my Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.co...s/117150517@N08/
Posted Image Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook....quipment?ref=hl

#27 simonwillems

simonwillems

  • Technic Campaigner


    Posts: 1351
    Joined: 08-December 06
    Member: 1116
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

View PostLasse D, on Oct 17 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

Necrobumping my own thread. Oh dear!

But it is for a good reason. I have completed the instructions for the frame of the truck. They are available here

Thanks for the instructions, they look very clear and good to follow.
One question though: I see that you connected the back wheels of the truck almost directly to the XL motor, does it go well through bends without a differential?


View PostDennis Bosman, on Oct 17 2009, 11:34 PM, said:

I've seen lots of models with PF functionalities. It's about time I start with those as well but than I've to step back from my 1:13 scale models as they're to heavy to motorize. I still have some Black Cat wheels. I'm getting more and more curious about these kind of models as I've seen lots of nice ones last months. And they're looking great as well  :classic:

I love your big trucks! Welcome to Eurobricks!  :classic:

#28 Lasse D

Lasse D

  • Pink Poodle


    Posts: 921
    Joined: 24-December 06
    Member: 1144
    Country: Denmark

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

The solid rear axle is usually no problem because the trucks tend to get quite nose heavy.
I will try to incorporate the new diff. in the design, but I didn't have any when I built the Scania.
The XL motor does also sit quite low in this design, but it's hard to find a better place without increasing the size of the whole construction.

I hope you like the instructions. Right now everything is auto generated from the mpd file.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#29 simonwillems

simonwillems

  • Technic Campaigner


    Posts: 1351
    Joined: 08-December 06
    Member: 1116
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 18 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

View PostLasse D, on Oct 18 2009, 03:37 PM, said:

The solid rear axle is usually no problem because the trucks tend to get quite nose heavy.
I will try to incorporate the new diff. in the design, but I didn't have any when I built the Scania.
The XL motor does also sit quite low in this design, but it's hard to find a better place without increasing the size of the whole construction.

I hope you like the instructions. Right now everything is auto generated from the mpd file.

Thanks, I had not considered the weight of the front in comparision to the back, but it makes perfect sense!

I very much like the instructions, in fact I am looking for a way to make instructions for this model.
I tried MLcad first but that program just messes up the steps and Lpub does not seem to be working on my system at all. And I am not that technical either.... I'll be following your project!

:classic:

#30 Parax

Parax

    Posts: 97
    Joined: 08-February 08
    Member: 2699
    Country: Nottingham UK

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

View PostDennis Bosman, on Oct 18 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

I've seen lots of models with PF functionalities. It's about time I start with those as well but than I've to step back from my 1:13 scale models as they're to heavy to motorize. I still have some Black Cat wheels. I'm getting more and more curious about these kind of models as I've seen lots of nice ones last months. And they're looking great as well  :classic:


Dennis,
I see no reason why you couldn't motorise your 1:13 scale trucks, the Large PF motor can deliver a lot of power! Enough to Torque Axles to Death! and if you were to use IR you can drive two sets from one remote (same channel) so you can effectivly use two motors and two battery packs.

#31 Milan

Milan

    Posts: 3008
    Joined: 21-June 09
    Member: 6465
    Country: Serbia

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

View PostParax, on Oct 18 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

Dennis,
I see no reason why you couldn't motorise your 1:13 scale trucks, the Large PF motor can deliver a lot of power! Enough to Torque Axles to Death! and if you were to use IR you can drive two sets from one remote (same channel) so you can effectivly use two motors and two battery packs.

It is not problem in XL's torque, but in strength of the gears, also in bracing driven gears together, they want to break away one from another, and in great weight of the cabin, thus great weight is on front (steered) axle. In my 10 Kg truck I used two XLs, and had problems with breaking gears in diff, so hub reduction was needed. Also bracing was issue due to limited space in the chassis. Front axle was built to be strong as hell. At the end everything was fine, truck is on youtube driving well.

Sorry for off in your topic, Lasse D!
Website
FB Page


Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image

#32 Dennis Bosman

Dennis Bosman

  • Truck Moc´er insane


    Posts: 59
    Joined: 17-October 09
    Member: 7878
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

It's not just about torque. You also have to get the model running. As Milan mentioned the weight of the front part is quite heavy. I have some models which can be motorized because the weight is more devided over the model. But I motorized all my machines (CAT D7R, Menck M154 and Atlas 1604 MK-ZW). They all work properly but the driven axles of the CAT are torned completely. For trucks it's better to use Milan's scale or with the 20x30 sized wheels.
Posted Image Visit my website: www.dennisbosman.nl
Posted Image Watch my Flickr stream: http://www.flickr.co...s/117150517@N08/
Posted Image Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook....quipment?ref=hl

#33 Zblj

Zblj

  • Positively Spamming Embedded Videos in the Name of Science


    Posts: 2665
    Joined: 16-August 09
    Member: 7054
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

Very impressive work! I like the way you built the windscreen!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users