Commander Assassin

Lego Star Wars 10th anniversary exclusive on May 3 and 4

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

While looking on brickset, i found news that said there would be an exclusive, limited time offer avalible on shop @ home on May 3rd and 4th celebrating 10 years of lego star wars. *oh2* I was wondering if anybody else had heard this news, and if so knew anything about it.

This is also mentioned on the front page of Brickset. I don't know what it is, but I can't wait to find out. :wub:

:hmpf_bad: I'm so flipppin sick of Lego only giving the US chances at stuff like this :cry_sad:

Why lego why?

Sound's intresting though... I'll probably have to fork out a small fortune for whatever it is though.

Any idea's? could be cool...

@ first I thought it might be the shadow trooper keychain w/ $75 order :hmpf_bad: but thankfully, i remembered that the keychain is avalible until July!

it might be a chance to get or pre-order the new hoth or endor sets, as we saw those pics before the others supposedly being released in July/august :sweet:

it might be a chance to get or pre-order the new hoth or endor sets, as we saw those pics before the others supposedly being released in July/august :sweet:

The article does say that it is a special OFFER, not an exclusive set. So it could be to pre-order a summer set. Just maybe not thise big ones being released in August. But you never know...

Hopefully, it will be something to buy rather than something to preorder. I was just about to make a pick a brick order tonight, but now I think I'll wait.

Maybe they'll put the death star on sale for $100 :laugh: .

EDIT: You know what I bet it is? A re-release of a classic set from early in star wars history, complete with yellow minifigs. It might even be Cloud City. But maybe I'm just dreaming...

Edited by Tinn-man

I bet its "In celebration of the 10 years, take 10 percent of any star wars item! Limit one per customer per order"

I bet its "In celebration of the 10 years, take 10 percent of any star wars item! Limit one per customer per order"

Probably. I would not be surprised if that is what they did. It could also be the ability to pre-order a new set early or buy one of the smaller sets early.

Hmm...if it's something good, I'll have to try to ask convince my mom to get it, since it's going to be online only... :tongue:

EDIT: It's an "offer", so that means that it might just be getting something free with a purchase. I wonder if involves getting a free chrome Vader with a purchase...

Edited by ILikePi

It could also be the Palpatine's Arrest set which didn't make it as a TRU exclusive, but still got a lot of votes. At least that's what I hope it is. :grin: But it's probably just a re-release or something completely different. Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. :wink:

Edit: On second thought, if it's only available for TWO days, it's probably something small, but special. Or as somebody suggested, maybe just a big sale on one or all SW item(s). I'd prefer it if it were a sale! :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

chrome vader with $99+ order, read the fine print on the lego store calendar it said "while supplies last" . so it won't be a discount on items, it won't be pre-order. so pretty sure they will hand stuff out with orders.

chrome vader with $99+ order, read the fine print on the lego store calendar it said "while supplies last" . so it won't be a discount on items, it won't be pre-order. so pretty sure they will hand stuff out with orders.

That sound right. I guess this will be my chance! :classic:

Is this a guess? "While supplies last" could also apply to an exclusive limited edition set that only has a certain production amount. I'm hoping its not a Chrome Vader with a $99+ order, that would be kinda lame. I'm hoping its a early release of a summer set, maybe Hoth! :sweet:

That would be something I would buy. I'm not spending a hundred plus bucks just to get a free little figure, even if it is Chrome Vader. :hmpf_bad:

Hope we get some more news on this soon...

This is also mentioned on the front page of Brickset. I don't know what it is, but I can't wait to find out. :wub:

" While looking on brickset, i found news that said there would be an exclusive, limited time offer avalible on shop @ home on May 3rd and 4th celebrating 10 years of lego star wars. oh2.gif I was wondering if anybody else had heard this news, and if so knew anything about it." :tongue:

Anyways, I really wonder what it is...

Just being me, I'm hoping it's a $2 bucket of 70 droids and 30 clones. (I need more droids!) :tongue:

But what it's more likely to be is a Chrome Vader with a purchase of X amount.

I doubt it will be a chromie vader. Lego wouldn't use the same thing for two promotions :hmpf_bad:

I'm thinking mabye a re-release of an older swet as other's have said... It could be great :sweet:

Just being me, I'm hoping it's a $2 bucket of 70 droids and 30 clones. (I need more droids!) :tongue:

Well aren't we smart? You got it :tongue:

Well, on Brickset, HUW cited his contact at LEGO as saying that it was a "pretty cool" offer. Somehow I doubt he would say that if it was just a simple discount on something we've already seen. :wink:

Whatever it is, it's bound to be interesting, and I'll be sure to check the site to see what it is.

i think it might be a re released set like Mos Eisley Cantina or Jedi Defense 1 & 2 and Final duel 1 &2

i think it might be a re released set like Mos Eisley Cantina or Jedi Defense 1 & 2 and Final duel 1 &2

I personally think that would be a waste of an offer. I would much rather have a free Chrome Vader with a $100 purchase, or a summer set before the release date.

Is it too much to ask that this "pretty cool" promotion be a UCS AT-AT??? I know that's not possible that they offer a UCS set for only 2 days, but an announcement that a UCS AT-AT is coming would be "pretty cool"...and that's an under-statement IMHO.

Thanks for those Mister Kirk.

But I think as well as different designs costing more to produce, we need to only give out one sort of figure. We want a fig that represents CP, not 7 or 8 similar ones. And lets face it, the few people lucky enough to recieve one as a gift or prize etc. will only have one or two at the most ay? These won't be quite as readily available as Redbeard. :pir-laugh:

So I'm happy with what we have already got.

Maybe there will be a free set when you purchase a certain amount. Or it could just be some sets on sale. I have no idea what it will be?

LegoKing

Maybe there will be a free set when you purchase a certain amount. Or it could just be some sets on sale. I have no idea what it will be?

LegoKing

But won't it be fun speculating? :tongue:

But won't it be fun speculating? :tongue:

Not for me...

If it's something really good, but expensive, I won't be able to get it. I might not even be able to get whatever it is even if it's cheap, since my parents might not want to buy things online with their credit cards... :hmpf_bad:

I hope that it's something cheap! :tongue:

Maybe is a special pre-order for what could be the REAL 10th anniversary set that the TLC told us they will release (Or might release :tongue: ) around October this year :cry_happy: . If the real deal is this one then I would be very happy but if it´s is something else like a small discount on some sets or thing like that than it isn´t going to be all that exciting :tongue: .

I don't care what it is, so long as lego don't screwing us over, and by us i mean 99% the of the world that exists outside America, and let everyone get it.