Jump to content


PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

pick-a-brick pab

  • Please log in to reply
1992 replies to this topic

#676 meyerc13

meyerc13

    Posts: 571
    Joined: 19-November 09
    Member: 8246
    Country: United States

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Just out of curiosity, for those finding 6x16 plates on the wall, how many fit in a large cup? I'd test myself, but I don't think I own enough 6x16 plates to fill a cup.
Christopher Meyer

#677 MikeyB

MikeyB

  • Closet Nocturnus Fan


    Posts: 851
    Joined: 15-October 08
    Member: 4147
    Country: USA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postsoccerkid6, on 02 July 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

About week and a half ago I got my first PAB cups, my siblings helped me pack them, these are from the Victor store:


In total we got:
207 red 2x2 tiles
132 trans red 1x1 plate rounds
1367 trans white 1x1 plate rounds
382 trans white 1x2 plates
270 trans white 1x2 bricks
131 yellow 2x2 tiles
781 reddish brown 1x4 tiles
254 bley 1x4 bricks
169 bley 1x3 bricks
130 dark bley 1x1 bricks
22 dark bley 2x2 bricks
428 tan 1x2 log bricks
153 reddish brown 1x4 bricks
95 tan 1x3 bricks
10 tan 2x4 bricks
4 dark bley 2x4 bricks
Plus tons of trans clear red/green 1x1 tiles, didn't want to count those  :laugh:

Total (not counting the trans clear 1x1 tiles): 4535 pieces  :thumbup:

Our basic strategy was to build the core of bricks then put tiles and small plates around the edges, I was quite happy with what we got  :classic:


nice haul!  Looks like some nice GoH MOC are coming up!  I live about 3 1/2 hours from my nearest PaB wall (Charlotte)  but am going to florida and Legoland the end of July so wil check out the buy by pound deal at legoland  hope they have some good stuff.  will probably hit the Lego store in Downtown Disney as well!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman


#678 brickbuilder711

brickbuilder711

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 12-January 12
    Member: 24084
    Country: United States

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

View Postnatesroom, on 30 June 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

The orlando store doesnt have those bricks that your talking about. It does have the Brown and tan and DK grey palisades

Dropped by late last night (July 6) and found what I wanted and then some.

Bricks I bought:
1x2 clear plate - replenishment
1x2 dark red brick (about 1 whole cup +)
1x2 clear brick (more than 1 whole cup full)
Edit: forgot 1x2 clear panel (1 cup full, also remark: new mold)
4x4 bley plate (about 6)
2x4 bley brick (8)
1x2 white panel

Other goodies included more tan and bleys, and yes, dark bley palisades. No pinks or purples.

Edited by brickbuilder711, 08 July 2012 - 06:56 AM.

Tolga E.
Miami, FL

#679 SilentMode

SilentMode

  • A bronzie that does not endorse whipping


    Posts: 1352
    Joined: 13-May 10
    Member: 10650
    Country: UK

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

View Postmeyerc13, on 03 July 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, for those finding 6x16 plates on the wall, how many fit in a large cup? I'd test myself, but I don't think I own enough 6x16 plates to fill a cup.
I managed to get 16 of them in a large cup, all squeezed together.
the infamous SilentMode
crowdfunding yet again for Project Swapfig - ends November 16 2013.
SilentMode.tv | Project Swapfig | @SilentMode1 | Brick Owl store | Flickr
"Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi

#680 MikeyB

MikeyB

  • Closet Nocturnus Fan


    Posts: 851
    Joined: 15-October 08
    Member: 4147
    Country: USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

does the PaB wall in Legoland FL work like a normal store or do they charge by weight?  I seem to remember reading somewhere it was weight.

If it is by weight, does anyone know what the cost is?  I will be there in a couple weeks and I want to get some larger basic bricks and was thinking it might be cheaper to buy them by weight than what I would could get in a large cup in the Downtown disney store.

Thanks in advance

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman


#681 brickbuilder711

brickbuilder711

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 12-January 12
    Member: 24084
    Country: United States

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostMikeyB, on 09 July 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

does the PaB wall in Legoland FL work like a normal store or do they charge by weight?  I seem to remember reading somewhere it was weight.

If it is by weight, does anyone know what the cost is?  I will be there in a couple weeks and I want to get some larger basic bricks and was thinking it might be cheaper to buy them by weight than what I would could get in a large cup in the Downtown disney store.

Thanks in advance

It is by weight and I read somewhere it's 8.99 USD per 1/4 pound. That makes about 35.96/lb. Pretty expensive but worth it for the good selection that I have heard about.

Edited by brickbuilder711, 09 July 2012 - 06:44 AM.

Tolga E.
Miami, FL

#682 Cara

Cara

  • Green Captain of the Flying Piranha


    Posts: 873
    Joined: 28-August 10
    Member: 12904
    Country: USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Postbrickbuilder711, on 09 July 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

It is by weight and I read somewhere it's 8.99 USD per 1/4 pound. That makes about 35.96/lb. Pretty expensive but worth it for the good selection that I have heard about.

That is the same as Legoland California. I was shocked when I picked out an amount of small pieces (mostly 1x1 plates/tiles + some bricks), with a volume less than a small pick a brick cup and it cost me $27. I almost had a heart attack.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!



Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image




My Flickr Album
Obsessively making square bricks into round shapes.


#683 MikeyB

MikeyB

  • Closet Nocturnus Fan


    Posts: 851
    Joined: 15-October 08
    Member: 4147
    Country: USA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

thanks for the info!

I knew it wasn't really  a good deal with smaller pieces but was hoping i could pick up some 2x4 and 2x6 and i might work out about the same as  PaB cup.  guess Ill break out the scales today to see what I can figure it out

thanks again.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman


#684 Canticleer blues

Canticleer blues

    Posts: 178
    Joined: 25-January 08
    Member: 2590

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

Was able to get a small cup's worth of pieces on my last visit to a Lego Store.  Nothing too out of the ordinary, but all of them are very useful to future projects of mine, especially those flower pieces there- can't have a city without a little vegetation, eh?  :classic:

A list of elements in the cup would look something like this:
  • 2 X Brick 2x4 in Reddish Brown
  • 4 X Brick 2x4 in Medium Blue
  • 4 X Brick 2x2 in Medium Blue
  • 7 X Brick 1x2 in Medium Blue
  • 8 X Brick 1X2 in Trans-Brown
  • 2 X Slope 45 2x2 Transparent
  • 60 X Plate 1x1 in Trans-Yellow
  • 2 X 2x2x2 Container with Front Opening in Medium Stone (Light Bluish) Grey
  • 5 X 2x2x2 Container with Open Top in Dark Store (Dark Bluish) Grey
  • 12 X 1x2x3 Window Frame with Curved Top in Reddish Brown
  • 86 X Plant Stem in Dark Green
  • 46&1/4 X Set of 4 Flowers in Red

Wanderer of the cosmos, just shootin' by the stars...

#685 Legoman

Legoman

  • Cardman


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 10-July 05
    Member: 428
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

I don't suppose anyone would know if there are any major changes to the PAB list of parts available to LEGO stores? I'm wondering if there are any newly available parts making their way to walls any time soon.

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr


#686 ibecks

ibecks

    Posts: 100
    Joined: 01-May 11
    Member: 17583

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Here's my haul from the new Manchester Arndale store on their opening day.  A careful cup build yielded a total of 791 pieces - 0.014p per piece

36   Black Slope, 33 3 x 1
9     Light Bluish Grey Bar 7 x 3 (ladder)
2     Trans Black Windscreen, 6 x 2
22   Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End
21   Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End
24   Reddish Brown Minifig, Utensil Seat 2 x 2 with Center Sprue Mark
27   Reddish Brown Brick, 1 x 4
72   Dark Red Brick, 1 x 2
59   Medium Blue Brick, 1 x 2
28   Lime Brick, 1 x 2
47   Lime Brick, 1 x 1
12   Tan Plate, 2 x 6
12   Green Brick, 1 x 3
8     Tan Plate, 2 x 8
49   Lime Plate 1 x 4
113 Black Plate, 1 x 2
150 Lime Tile, 1 x 2 with groove
25   Trans Orange Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3
29   Trans Red Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side
46   Trans Clear Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side

#687 MikeyB

MikeyB

  • Closet Nocturnus Fan


    Posts: 851
    Joined: 15-October 08
    Member: 4147
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

View Postibecks, on 22 July 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Here's my haul from the new Manchester Arndale store on their opening day.  A careful cup build yielded a total of 791 pieces - 0.014p per piece

36   Black Slope, 33 3 x 1
9     Light Bluish Grey Bar 7 x 3 (ladder)
2     Trans Black Windscreen, 6 x 2
22   Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End
21   Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End
24   Reddish Brown Minifig, Utensil Seat 2 x 2 with Center Sprue Mark
27   Reddish Brown Brick, 1 x 4
72   Dark Red Brick, 1 x 2
59   Medium Blue Brick, 1 x 2
28   Lime Brick, 1 x 2
47   Lime Brick, 1 x 1
12   Tan Plate, 2 x 6
12   Green Brick, 1 x 3
8     Tan Plate, 2 x 8
49   Lime Plate 1 x 4
113 Black Plate, 1 x 2
150 Lime Tile, 1 x 2 with groove
25   Trans Orange Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3
29   Trans Red Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side
46   Trans Clear Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side

I would love to get ahold of some of those Dk Red 1x2s  heading to florida next week so fingers crossed!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman


#688 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Experiencing difficulty...eth


    Posts: 6051
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Has anyone tried taking the flowers off the sprue for packing? Would that be considered wrong even if you put the center part in the cup too?

#689 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

    Posts: 1179
    Joined: 01-July 11
    Member: 18793
    Country: United States

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Postdarkdragon, on 22 July 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Has anyone tried taking the flowers off the sprue for packing? Would that be considered wrong even if you put the center part in the cup too?
I haven't tried that but it sounds like a great idea. You would definitely be able to get more because them being held together really does take up some space. I also don't think it would be considered wrong just as long you put the center piece in the cup too.

#690 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx

  • Something's coming....


    Posts: 3006
    Joined: 02-May 08
    Member: 3094
    Country: US of A

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostLegoman, on 22 July 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

I don't suppose anyone would know if there are any major changes to the PAB list of parts available to LEGO stores? I'm wondering if there are any newly available parts making their way to walls any time soon.

List was updated in April-May of this year.  Unfortunately, stock has been low on many of the new items all over.

Posted Image Playing as Atticus Cuervo, for the MCTC, in Bretheren of the Brick Seas.

Gold: 68 Doubloons

Posted Image

flickr


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#691 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

    Posts: 1179
    Joined: 01-July 11
    Member: 18793
    Country: United States

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostStash2Sixx, on 23 July 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

List was updated in April-May of this year.  Unfortunately, stock has been low on many of the new items all over.
Has anyone seen any of the new wheelbarrows with the corresponding wheels at any PAB wall?

Edit: I just got back from the PAB wall at the Natick store. I got one cupful of dark red 1x2s and one cupful of dark grey palisades.

Edited by The Blue Brick, 24 July 2012 - 02:22 AM.


#692 Foan

Foan

    Posts: 20
    Joined: 29-June 11
    Member: 18756

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

I feel I am stealing lego with this cup.


LEGO stores are awesome! What did you guys bought recently?
Find me on YouTube - I'm Fulxe =D

#693 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4681
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Merged into the ongoing topic.

#694 Lego Otaku

Lego Otaku

    Posts: 1189
    Joined: 16-September 10
    Member: 13293

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostFoan, on 24 July 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

I feel I am stealing lego with this cup.


LEGO stores are awesome! What did you guys bought recently?

A steal? You're getting ripped off! In USA that little cup is only $7.99.  A little bit more than a $5, 50 piece polybag.

I've posted my detailed list a few times in this thread if you wanted to see what I got, how much it would have been if I bought it from online sources, and occasionally to brag about special piece like trans-clear 2x2 slope or a big load of green 1x1 bamboo bricks.

#695 Foan

Foan

    Posts: 20
    Joined: 29-June 11
    Member: 18756

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostLego Otaku, on 25 July 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

A steal? You're getting ripped off! In USA that little cup is only $7.99.  A little bit more than a $5, 50 piece polybag.

I've posted my detailed list a few times in this thread if you wanted to see what I got, how much it would have been if I bought it from online sources, and occasionally to brag about special piece like trans-clear 2x2 slope or a big load of green 1x1 bamboo bricks.
Holy crap, it's so cheap in the US. Unfortunately I live in Canada and it's the first time I see an offer like that.
Find me on YouTube - I'm Fulxe =D

#696 Ogre

Ogre

    Posts: 970
    Joined: 17-October 08
    Member: 4165
    Country: Canada (ON)

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postmeyerc13, on 03 July 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, for those finding 6x16 plates on the wall, how many fit in a large cup? I'd test myself, but I don't think I own enough 6x16 plates to fill a cup.

Best I've managed so far is 29 but, in all honesty, that wasn't trying all that hard, either.

~*~ Ogre ~*~


#697 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

    Posts: 1179
    Joined: 01-July 11
    Member: 18793
    Country: United States

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostOgre, on 26 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Best I've managed so far is 29 but, in all honesty, that wasn't trying all that hard, either.
I was wondering this too as my store had around 7 left, but didn't get them as they would take too much room in my opinion. But 29, is that with a normal cup, or one that you have been using for a while and have stretched out some.  *huh*

#698 Cara

Cara

  • Green Captain of the Flying Piranha


    Posts: 873
    Joined: 28-August 10
    Member: 12904
    Country: USA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Quote

Has anyone tried taking the flowers off the sprue for packing? Would that be considered wrong even if you put the center part in the cup too?

Yes! And (after asking) I have handed over the centers to the employees as trash.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!



Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image




My Flickr Album
Obsessively making square bricks into round shapes.


#699 Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

  • Vulnerable Pies


    Posts: 1576
    Joined: 17-June 11
    Member: 18511
    Country: United States

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I've gotten some really nice bricks from my local Lego store. The store just opened this summer in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and so on opening day--in addition to getting a cool mini-model of the store--I got a PAB cup which contained around 70ish 1x2 bricks in trans-clear (Oh Yeah!), a couple hundred 1x1 trans blue studs, for water of course, a couple brown barrel pieces, some plants, and then some other bricks. I've been back there a couple times, and have found great rare pieces. I've gotten 70+ 2x2 tiles in dark tan (Which by the way I think is my favorite piece now!), and more 1x2 trans bricks, but this time in dark brown trans! So yes, I love PAB cups--I'll have to go back for more soon!

#700 legomr

legomr

    Posts: 111
    Joined: 30-May 12
    Member: 28909
    Country: UK

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostOgre, on 26 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Best I've managed so far is 29 but, in all honesty, that wasn't trying all that hard, either.
Woah, that's impressive. I think I managed 22, and that was trying very, very hard.
Then again, my local Lego shop won't let customers stack. It has to be loose.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pick-a-brick, pab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users