smokebelch

Modded AT-ST

indexed.gif

Hello!

Been a long time lurker- thought it was a bout time i registered :classic:

Been collecting SW lego stuff for a good few years- generally like to 'tweak' official sets slightly, but never really created my own vehilcles. Thought id show you the AT-ST id just put together.

Not really a MOC as i've just kinda combined a few bits from other sets, and the head's sorta copied from the few photos kicking around of the new one due in the fall..

3414093513_1d28c34e61_b.jpg

3414067523_87a1b806ae_b.jpg

3414079445_901baa619f_b.jpg

3414105897_7c7f813648_b.jpg

Legs are a bit of a mixture of the second AT-ST (7657) and the Clone Scout Walker (7250). Didn't like the bulkiness of the 7657 legs, and not too keen on the technic legs of the new battle of endor one- and with the plate head its not too weighty so the single stud brick legs hold it up well.

Based the head on the early shots of the new one due in the battle of endor set- took a while to try and figure out how to hold it all together with the odd angles!

Ended up taking the UCS AT-ST apart for parts and inspiration.

Holds together really well, pretty sturdy and room for a cockpit inside.

Made of few cosmetic changes since i took the above photos, if anyone's interested i can upload some more shots of interior etc to brickshelf.

I think it looks great! :cry_happy: The head does look the same as the Endor set, but it isn't exactly the same so I'll le you off. :grin: In fact, it looks better. Especially with those non-technic legs. :thumbup: Mind if I use your design? :classic:

Greetings,

JD

EDIT: Welcome to EB! I hope you enjoy your time here. :thumbup: I think we would love to see some updated shots, so please upload them.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I think it looks great! :cry_happy: The head does look the same as the Endor set, but it isn't exactly the same so I'll le you off. :grin: In fact, it looks better. Especially with those non-technic legs. :thumbup: Mind if I use your design? :classic:

Greetings,

JD

EDIT: Welcome to EB! I hope you enjoy your time here. :thumbup: I think we would love to see some updated shots, so please upload them.

Thanks for the welcome JD :classic: - your welcome to use my design- i've taken a load more shots showing how its all put together.

Been trying for ages to come up with a better AT-ST, loved the head on the new lego one in the battle of endor set and been playing around with it for ages trying to work out how to attach the sides of the head at the angles... had a ureka moment yesterday after taking my UCS apart.

It holds together really well and is very sturdy. Cockpits a wee bit tight but i think works pretty well. Legs are really sturdy, and balances nicley, and too be honest i much prefer these legs over the technic ones.

Used the gun design from 7657 as well as the feet.

Since the last photos have changed round the back and the base of the head. The back was a 6 stud by 8 plate and looked a bit 'chunky'. Have now swapped it round so looks a bit more streamlined and tapers in. Also squeezed in the base of the head a bit.

Anyways here's some more shots i've uploaded to brickshelf showing a bit more detail-

left_side_on.jpg

back_left.jpg

cockpit.jpg

cockpit_open.jpg

right_side.jpg

front.jpg

left_side.jpg

And here's the brickshelf folder with more shots (though dont think its public yet)-

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=377211

Edited by smokebelch

Great MOD.

I'll make sure to add this to the MOC/MOD Index when I get around to updating it the next time.

Thanks for sharing.

Now who's gonna call TLG and tell them we've got the AT-ST solution right here? :laugh:

Very nice MOC :thumbup:

Good combination of earlier versions and then some.

And you took great pictures, very sharp. Nice background too, makes the AT-ST look even better!

Still waiting for a big AT-ST with the capacity to hold two minifigures as in episode VI RotJ.

Probably not going to happen with the Endor battle set.

Thanks for the comments :classic:

When i was first putting the head together i did think about trying to get 2 seats in. You can extend to head by a couple of studs and it would kinda fit 2, though it made the head a bit big so i just went for one seat in the cockpit in the end.

Really wanted it as close to minifig scale as possible, and especially as the internal head structure takes up quite a bit of room.

Be interested to see if anyone can mod one to get 2 drivers in though.

i like how the legs fit in well to the overall design. the way you filled up the cockpit is cool too :thumbup:

Nice! I really like the body, very accurate. Can I suggest that you make the legs a little longer? The 'real' thing seems a bit more splindly and long-legged. :classic:

Frist off welcome to eurobricks. second thats a great at-st mod to bad I don,t have light gray plats or I would do it. :cry_sad:

Thanks for the comments and welcomes guys :classic:

Did think about extending the legs- but it balances really well as it is, and its about right height wise. Your right though the actual AT-ST has got very 'spindly' legs. The technic legs on the new endor one capture that look well, but personnally dont really dig them that much.

Its such a hard vehicle to get right though, as legos previous attempts prove! :classic:

Edited by smokebelch

Thanks for the comments and welcomes guys :classic:

Did think about extending the legs- but it balances really well as it is, and its about right height wise. Your right though the actual AT-ST has got very 'spindly' legs. The technic legs on the new endor one capture that look well, but personnally dont really dig them that much.

Its such a hard vehicle to get right though, as legos previous attempts prove! :classic:

For a second there, I thought you had used the dreaded plural "legos," but then I reread it.

I think the legs on your AT-ST are perfectly spindly, and look ready to trip on a whole bunch of logs! I can't see much room for improvement at all!

Nice Design, but i think the head is a little too big. Just a little.

Great job though I really don't like the technique legs.

I've made a few small tweeks, and took it out for some manuvers on Endor so thought id share a quick shot :wink:

3552921503_4071449698_b.jpg

Hey KimT Ill call TLG :tongue::laugh:

NICE MOD there :thumbup:The force is strong with this one :vader:

I really like the photo of it patrolling in the bush-forest :thumbup:

CommanderFox