My Captain's Cabin Contest entry
Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:44 AM
Hi, I finaly remembered to upload pics for the contest!
Captain Traf's Cabin
Sorry I didn't post them sooner.
Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:37 PM
Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:42 PM
The use of the plank to repair the cabin is well done.
But I guess your entry will be better if you remove one or two wall.
Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:51 PM
What I like:
The coloursheme of the cabin is a big +
The repaired wall, the usage of the planks is really nice.
All the features in the cabin. Everything is in it. I especially like the bed with the nice usage of the goblets.
What could be improved:
The contest is over already, but you can improve it always!
Try to tile the floor, it adds even more realism to your entry.
That's all what I can say!
Wonderful entry and good luck in the voting rounds!
Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor, 01 April 2009 - 07:44 PM.
Avalonia Trading Company
Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:32 PM
I used a face with an eye patch, but the shadow from the tricorner hat made it look like sunglasses.
Edited by Brickule, 01 April 2009 - 07:34 PM.
Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:43 PM
An eyepatch face is fine for a captain! I've edited my previous post.
Good luck matey!
Avalonia Trading Company
Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:50 PM
My favorite part of your entry has to be the walls. the red, white and brown look lovely together and the windows add a lot as well. Add to that the planks and you have a perfect combo.
The captain's bed is well-built too, and how you used the magnifying glass was brilliant.
1) The captain's torso looks more like a regular old pirate's. Something more royal looking would be nice I think. Maybe add a plume if you have one.
2) Putting some tiles on the floor would smooth out your entry nicely.
3) The black tiles on top don't match the rest of your walls too well. Brown, white, or even red tiles would most likely look better.
Other than those minor points, I think your entry is quite good indeed! Nice work, and I wish you the best of luck.
Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:05 PM
WHAT I LIKE
1.Your bed is very well done.
2.I like the little table by the door.
3The selection of items that your Captain is using.
4.I really like your windows.
1.Maybe you could tile the floor, desk and the table by the door.
2.Your Captain doesn't look very "captainy"....he looks more like a low life pirate.
3Yor wall colors don't really match the time era.
Good Job and Good Luck
1969 Dodge Charger RT
Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:56 PM
Possible improvement points:
1. I think the floor would look better if tiled in this case, or if it where made a snot-floor.
+ maybe the last pic could have a slightly different camera-angle, so it doesn't look like he's wearing sunglasses
1. The planks covering up battledamage (I presume, or the captain has a serious bad-temper ), nice touch.
2. I like the bed with cheese slopes, I don't think I've seen it used that often, but it makes for a nice thinner bed, instead of the thicker bed using curved bricks.
Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:02 AM
1:36 P.M. 8/6/09
Why would I want to control the whole word? Who shall be there to fight me other than revolutionary's and dreamers?
1:41 P.M. 8/6/09
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users