LADIES GROUP

605 replies to this topic

#51 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

View PostLEGO Maniac JEM, on Nov 22 2007, 07:42 AM, said:

The band "Aqua" are from Denmark, so how about "Lego Girl" as the name for female Adult fans of LEGO. As in:

I'm a Lego girl
In a Lego world
Made of Plastic
It's fantastic.

:-D
:-D  :-D - excellent written! I'll go with Legocastlegirl, that should be your song!

Posted Image On

copmike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#52 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

View PostLEGO Maniac JEM, on Nov 22 2007, 08:42 AM, said:

I'm a Lego girl
In a Lego world
Made of Plastic
It's fantastic.
X-D  !! Let me add words to finish that Shefol song  :-P

you can change my hair
and torso everywhere
I'm excentric
So don't panic

:-D  ;-)

*yoda*

#53 Aredhel

Aredhel

• Finally fathoms Wenglish

Member: 490

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Nov 22 2007, 10:18 AM, said:

That song is a really nice idea, maybe we should use it as the "Eurobricks Ladies Hymn"  ;-)

Welcome at Eurobricks LEGO Maniac JEM, its nice to have one more lady here  *y*

Ladies On!

Sandra

Sounds like a good idea, Sandra... just create a Lego hymn only for us girls...

-Aredhel
"The man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" (the Dark Tower, Stephen King)

Posted Image

My Flickr

#54 john cleese

john cleese

Member: 610

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:00 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on Nov 22 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

X-D  !! Let me add words to finish that Shefol song  :-P

you can change my hair
and torso everywhere
I'm excentric
So don't panic

:-D  ;-)

*yoda*

It burns my ears. *sing*  Yowwwwwl!

Edited by john cleese, 23 November 2007 - 05:04 AM.

#55 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hello Lego Maniac JEM and welcome on eurobricks :-)

I actually has bought this cd from Aqua secondhand and it was nice :-D
I once read reviews about Aqua, Cartoons of Toybox and the writer referred to this music of these 3 bands who were all (according to the writer, I don't know) from Denmark, and called this sort of Music: "Lego-pop" :-)
Duke of Equestria

#56 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick

• Professor of Colonial History

Member: 1079

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Well we never get any girls visiting the Pirate forum, probably because that's the most testosterone charged forum given it's all out war between all the fractions.  X-D

But it's a shame, afterall there were women pirates and I'd certainly like to see more ladies around the Imperial fortresses  *sweet*

#57 Hairy Ruben

Hairy Ruben

• Not really hairy

Member: 1837

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

View PostCol. Whipstick, on Dec 27 2007, 03:05 PM, said:

Well we never get any girls visiting the Pirate forum, probably because that's the most testosterone charged forum given it's all out war between all the fractions.  X-D

But it's a shame, afterall there were women pirates and I'd certainly like to see more ladies around the Imperial fortresses  *sweet*

I would somehow suspect that LEGO castle has all the girls cause of those lame and boring romantic movies with knights and such. It's probably the most (possibly) romantic line out there.

Why as the pirate line is so ... well, testosteron-like. Every girl I've ever known leaves when the conversation about ships and history starts :-D  :-P

Whereas we leave when they turn on their crap effeminate movies! X-D
Posted Image
Greenhair wants 1x3 tiles!

#58 Legocastlegirl

Legocastlegirl

Member: 1049

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

View PostCol. Whipstick, on Dec 27 2007, 03:05 PM, said:

Im visiting the pirate forum very often, i love the ships, harbours and so on. My problem is, that i have no knowledge about pirates. But i bought two pirate sets the last 2 month, one ship and one little set i think the imperial outpost. So maybe ill post my first pirate moc the next month... or maybe years  8-|

View PostHairy Ruben, on Dec 30 2007, 05:25 PM, said:

I would somehow suspect that LEGO castle has all the girls cause of those lame and boring romantic movies with knights and such. It's probably the most (possibly) romantic line out there.
I dont like the castle line because of its romantic.. i like it because i love the medieval age. And that time was not romantic, it was hard and dirty and brute. But you could be right, a lot of girls are dreaming for a life as princess... i sometimes want to be a witch at the medieval age.. that sounds cool for me..  :'-)

View PostHairy Ruben, on Dec 30 2007, 05:25 PM, said:

Why as the pirate line is so ... well, testosteron-like. Every girl I've ever known leaves when the conversation about ships and history starts :-D  :-P
Hehe maybe you should start this conversation with Johnny Depp.. and ships.. and i think a lot of girls would stay  :-P

Regards
Sandra
"Stupid is as stupid does" - 1994 / Forest Gump (Tom Hanks)

My Brickshelf Gallery

#59 TheFrisian

TheFrisian

Member: 1992

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Dec 30 2007, 07:24 PM, said:

i sometimes want to be a witch at the medieval age.. that sounds cool for me..  :'-)
Let me get this right, being hunted down and burned at a stake sounds cool to you? Glad to know I'm not the only wacko on this forum :-D

#60 Aredhel

Aredhel

• Finally fathoms Wenglish

Member: 490

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

View PostTheFrisian, on Dec 30 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

Let me get this right, being hunted down and burned at a stake sounds cool to you? Glad to know I'm not the only wacko on this forum :-D

Well I would prefer to be a witch or something else too. I would not like to be a princess. When people think the castle is romantic than they just think, like Sandra said, of those princesses who are just sitting there to look beautiful.
I do love the new Castle things because of all those skellie things and this dark athmosphere.

Btw, would you guys think girls just hear music from boybands or just romantic things? I prefer Rock btw (Rammstein, Nightwish and such stuff)

Greetings, Aredhel
"The man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" (the Dark Tower, Stephen King)

Posted Image

My Flickr

#61 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

Well as most of my friends are women, I know that there are indeed a few modern day princesses out there, wishing for someone to sweep them again.  But there are just as many, if not more, who are tougher than me  ;-)

#62 Hairy Ruben

Hairy Ruben

• Not really hairy

Member: 1837

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:11 PM

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Dec 30 2007, 08:24 PM, said:

Hehe maybe you should start this conversation with Johnny Depp.. and ships.. and i think a lot of girls would stay  :-P

Regards
Sandra

*nerdy testosteron on*

That movie is such *(censored)* Really, the historical incorrectness people are brought up with by looking at such *(once again censored)* is unbelievable. I've only seen the first two, and the only thing that makes the first one any good is Johnny Dep's comical appearance and of course Keira Knightley.

*nerdy testosteron off*

Besides I don't think girls watch those films for the ships ;-)

I'd much rather have Master and Commander, historically correct ships and NO romance, sure the story isn't all that well worked out but hey, no romance sure makes up for it X-D

Edited by Hairy Ruben, 30 December 2007 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image
Greenhair wants 1x3 tiles!

#63 brickchic

brickchic

• Changes Her Own Light Bulbs!

Member: 1289

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

View Postjipay, on Nov 2 2005, 07:22 AM, said:

Since girls are so special, we dicided to create a special category for them (like the vassals, knights ones, but better) , and we'd like to know who to include in that one.

I'm a girl! I'm a girl! I want a pretty pink group name! ...or at least something more interesting than the default  ;-) . Having said that I am not a Belville or Clickits fan (though I do have some of it) - the playability is just not there. Give me civilian town stuff any day - Paradisa counts as pretty good due to the compatability with my largely 80's-90's system-scale town/train collection.

Since this topic has degenerated into gender stereo-typing, I'll add that a SheFOL advantage is that you can collect all the pink stuff without the shame! Any of you boy's got shameful pink stuff lurking in your cupboards? I'll happily take it off your hands  :-D

View PostLEGO Maniac JEM, on Nov 22 2007, 06:42 PM, said:

I'm a LEGO girl
In a LEGO World
Made of plastic
It's fantastic
you can change my hair
and torso everywhere
Imagination
Make My own creation

Love it  *wub* . Good one LEGO Maniac JEM! Sort of makes me cringe in a funny way because it invokes that thought of totally superficial materialistic girly-girly girl...who happens to like Lego! Which judging by comments like the ones below is totally not descriptive of this crowd (except for the Lego bit of course)!

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Dec 31 2007, 06:24 AM, said:

i sometimes want to be a witch at the medieval age.. that sounds cool for me..  :'-)

View PostAredhel, on Dec 31 2007, 08:37 AM, said:

Well I would prefer to be a witch or something else too. I would not like to be a princess. When people think the castle is romantic than they just think, like Sandra said, of those princesses who are just sitting there to look beautiful.
I do love the new Castle things because of all those skellie things and this dark athmosphere.

Ladies on!  *y*

Rebecca

Edited by brickchic, 28 March 2008 - 12:19 PM.

I kill my own spiders.

#64 CopMike

CopMike

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

View Postbrickchic, on Mar 28 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

I'm a girl! I'm a girl! I want a pretty pink group name! ...or at least something more interesting than the default  ;-) .

Since this topic has degenerated into gender stereo-typing, I'll add that a SheFOL advantage is that you can collect all the pink stuff without the shame!
Any of you boy's got shameful pink stuff lurking in your cupboards? I'll happily take it off your hands  :-D

Ladies on!  *y*

Rebecca
Hi brickchic!

I foresee a pink group name within 24 hours! I hope my fortune telling powers is right X-D!
And I have pink stuff and I want more, lots more!!!

No shame On

copmike

Posted Image

#65 ZoL

ZoL

Member: 2303

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

I think this SheFOL is being stariotipical that all boys are afraid of PINK, well I'm not I just *Cough*Don't like it*cough* see, I callange that! I'm writing in all pink! I'm out of it now, and yes I think there should be a difforent name for SheFOLs, so we can tell them apart, and so we can acnolage that some women like Lego too.

Edited by Lord_Sylp, 28 March 2008 - 03:08 PM.

See you, it was great. Not planning to come back, so what ever.

#66 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Member: 486

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

View Postbrickchic, on Mar 28 2008, 07:18 AM, said:

I'm a girl! I'm a girl! I want a pretty pink group name! ...or at least something more interesting than the default  ;-) .
Er...do we not say please anymore?

Posted Image Posted Image

#67 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

Both pink and dark pink are on my list of colours to buy in quantity whenever I have the opportunity. Of course, that list also includes: dark red, dark blue, dark green, dark orange, dark purple, sand blue, sand green, sand red, medium orange, earth orange, and a few others on occasion, but that's not the point.

Real AFOLs embrace all the colours available, without shame or prejudice. If I go any further, this will sound like some kind of special march... 8-|  ;-)

Polite Pink On! Please and thank you.*y*

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#68 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

View Postcopmike, on Mar 28 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

And I have pink stuff and I want more, lots more!!!
Oh yes - I can confirm that. :-|  X-D

No shame On
Oh I´m ashamed for you, too! ;-)
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#69 brickchic

brickchic

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:14 AM

View PostHinckley, on Mar 29 2008, 02:24 AM, said:

Er...do we not say please anymore?

Yes - we do, but that was my attempt at being a screaming spoilt little princess *sing* , so on that occasion I did not for humours' sake.

Pretty please with pink cherries (in both dark & light pink) on top?

Rebecca
I kill my own spiders.

#70 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:20 AM

I have enough spoiled little princess talk from my niece. I like my SHEFols to know how to throw a football. :-P Well, thanks for asking nicely and welcome to the ladies group, dear friend. Have fun here. Welcome to the site, glad to have another SHEFOL and you seem like you're already a lot of fun! X-D

#71 brickchic

brickchic

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:44 AM

View PostHinckley, on Mar 30 2008, 02:20 PM, said:

I have enough spoiled little princess talk from my niece. I like my SHEFols to know how to throw a football. :-P Well, thanks for asking nicely and welcome to the ladies group, dear friend. Have fun here. Welcome to the site, glad to have another SHEFOL and you seem like you're already a lot of fun! X-D

I promise to be less fun in future :-P . I know how to throw a football - badly. More importantly - I change my own lightbulbs and car tyres, and mow my own lawn. That's not to say I don't accept help when it's offered - after all, I still wear a skirt.

Thanks for adding me to the pretty pink group!

Rebecca
I kill my own spiders.

#72 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

View Postbrickchic, on Mar 29 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

I promise to be less fun in future :-P .
Yes, please. We need more boring people here.

View Postbrickchic, on Mar 29 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

I know how to throw a football - badly. More importantly - I change my own lightbulbs and car tyres, and mow my own lawn. That's not to say I don't accept help when it's offered - after all, I still wear a skirt.

Thanks for adding me to the pretty pink group!

Rebecca
Awesome! Jocko doesn't even know how to change a tire. He was floored when he found out I could. Also, you're welcome! *sweet* Have fun!

#73 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:20 AM

View PostHinckley, on Mar 30 2008, 02:55 AM, said:

Yes, please. We need more boring people here.
You rang? :-D Party at Hinck's! X-D

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#74 goggleson

goggleson

Member: 2113

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

View PostHinckley, on Mar 30 2008, 04:20 AM, said:

>:-(  This is EURObricks master hinckley and we like it that way!We do not THROW footballs we KICK them! Gah.
Rant over!
Lurker.

#75 CopMike

CopMike

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:44 PM

View Postgoggleson, on Mar 30 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

>:-(  This is EURObricks master hinckley and we like it that way!We do not THROW footballs we KICK them! Gah.
Rant over!
X-D  X-D!

Toekicks On

copmike

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users