jansued

Medium Armored Speeder - Heavy Recon

indexed.gif

Moc Pages

Shortly after the war with the seperatists started, the clone army suffered severe losses at their heavily armored units like AT-TE and AT-AP. Additionally, they were very expensive and too slow.

Republic Engineers therefore constructed a big land speeder which was capable of transport freight, different weaponry and troops to fullfill different roles on the galactic battlefields. Because Rotana Industries was busy with buildung LAAT and AT-TE Units, the Republic Army ordered 4000 units at the SoroSuub Coorporation (the company which builds the famous X-34 Landspeeder).

1237924022m_DISPLAY.jpg

Like the most weapon systems and crafts which are build under enormous pressure and in big numbers (like the future UH-1D oder M113) the MAS was a very reliable and nearly indestructable vehicle. His weight is 80 tons. It is capable of transporting 20 tons at a max height of 2 Metres and with 100 miles/h.

12379221112_DISPLAY.jpg

The Heavy Recon Version had the following features:

Long Distance Communication Systems

2 long Distance Armor Piercing High Explosive Rockets in front cargo bay for destroying enemy installation from a safe distance

1 Gun Pods at ech side. The gun pod can be extracted for a full 180 Degree Rotation to attack hostile infantry. The gun pods are controled by gunners in the open cockpit

1 C-WEB Heavy Repeater Blaster on top, behind the cockpit to engage enemy armor and airborne units.

6 Seats for Clone Troopers in the Main Cargo Bay

12379221137_DISPLAY.jpg

The whole front was armored with additional ultrasteel plates. Two shield generators protected the main engine system. The open cockpit has a special shield fence to protect the pilot.

12379221138_DISPLAY.jpg

The main engines can be ejected if thea are hit and overheating. Then there is an emergency engine system with two small turbo blasters over the back bay door.

12379221101_DISPLAY.jpg

The crew consisted of

1 Pilot

3 Gunner

8 Clone Troopers

The MAS/HR was also used fpr ARC Missions. Then a task force of 2 MAS/HR, 2 MAS/HW (Heavy Weapons) and 1 MAS/AD (Air Defense) was deployed. But this is something for the next contest....

And here, the last pics:

12379221136_DISPLAY.jpg

With crew

12379243868_DISPLAY.jpg

Front Cargo Bay with heavy HiEx missiles

12386885267_DISPLAY.jpg

12386885268_DISPLAY.jpg

Rear Cargo Bay with clone troopers.

Edited by jansued

this is a nice moc for the large division. i like how you put smooth plates on the sides and the gun turrets on the side, those are my favorite :wub: it says 3 gunners but i only see 2 :sceptic: i like the rockets (are they rockets?) on the inside of the front (what are the for and how do they shoot?) there are not any pictures of where the clones sit or the inside of the back (probably the same place) on mocpages. i would like to see that. great moc and the fourth in the large division so there is not much competition yet. :wink: (i should enter a lage division) :grin:

(First Reply!!!!! :wub::grin: )

Edited by calebexo01

this is a nice moc for the large division. i like how you put smooth plates on the sides and the gun turrets on the side, those are my favorite :wub: it says 3 gunners but i only see 2 :sceptic: i like the rockets (are they rockets?) on the inside of the front (what are the for and how do they shoot?) there are not any pictures of where the clones sit or the inside of the back (probably the same place) on mocpages. i would like to see that. great moc and the third in the large division so there is not much competition yet. :wink: (i should enter a lage division) :grin:

(First Reply!!!!! :wub::grin: )

Hi!

1 Gunner for the D-WEB and 2 Gunner in the frint cargo bay to operate the missiles and shoot ot of the flaps. There is picture on MOCpages with the full crew.

The Rockets are long distance to destroy enemy fortifications from a safe distance.

Yep, you are right, I forgot to post a photo with open Main Cargo Bay doors can I add it?

12379268958_DISPLAY.jpg

Yep, you are right, I forgot to post a photo with open Main Cargo Bay doors can I add it?

Sure you can.

Just push the "Edit" button in your first post.

looks like a good design, reminds me of old grotesque ww1 tanks.(i am not saying yours is grotesque, mind you)

Looks good! It has a nice level of detail and ingenuity. The only thing is that I think the front is a bit strange being so flat.

Very nice looking ship you got there! It reminds me of the big old dropship from the original Clone Wars series, but with an open top. Very nice!

great work there. I especially like the engines at the back theier well done. And the colour scheme with the red strips is really cool!

Aweome MOC jansued.

But where's the new shot of the Main Cargo Bay doors open?

You said you'd do a new non-blurry one for us? :tongue:

Great work and good luck in the contest