• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jansued

jansued

Member: 4097

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Posted Image
Moc Pages

Shortly after the war with the seperatists started, the clone army suffered severe losses at their heavily armored units like AT-TE and AT-AP. Additionally, they were very expensive and too slow.

Republic Engineers therefore constructed a big land speeder which was capable of transport freight, different weaponry and troops to fullfill different roles on the galactic battlefields. Because Rotana Industries was busy with buildung LAAT and AT-TE Units, the Republic Army ordered 4000 units at the SoroSuub Coorporation (the company which builds the famous X-34 Landspeeder).

Posted Image

Like the most weapon systems and crafts which are build under enormous pressure and in big numbers (like the future UH-1D oder M113) the MAS was a very reliable and nearly indestructable vehicle. His weight is 80 tons. It is capable of transporting 20 tons at a max height of 2 Metres and with 100 miles/h.

Posted Image

The Heavy Recon Version had the following features:

Long Distance Communication Systems
2 long Distance Armor Piercing High Explosive Rockets in front cargo bay for destroying enemy installation from a safe distance
1 Gun Pods at ech side. The gun pod can be extracted for a full 180 Degree Rotation to attack hostile infantry. The gun pods are controled by gunners in the open cockpit
1 C-WEB Heavy Repeater Blaster on top, behind the cockpit to engage enemy armor and airborne units.
6 Seats for Clone Troopers in the Main Cargo Bay

Posted Image

The whole front was armored with additional ultrasteel plates. Two shield generators protected the main engine system. The open cockpit has a special shield fence to protect the pilot.

Posted Image

The main engines can be ejected if thea are hit and overheating. Then there is an emergency engine system with two small turbo blasters over the back bay door.

Posted Image

The crew consisted of

1 Pilot
3 Gunner
8 Clone Troopers

The MAS/HR was also used fpr ARC Missions. Then a task force of 2 MAS/HR, 2 MAS/HW (Heavy Weapons) and 1 MAS/AD (Air Defense) was deployed. But this is something for the next contest....

And here, the last pics:

Posted Image

With crew

Posted Image

Front Cargo Bay with heavy HiEx missiles

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear Cargo Bay with clone troopers.

Edited by jansued, 02 April 2009 - 05:11 PM.

#2 calebexo01

calebexo01

Member: 3723

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

this is a nice moc for the large division. i like how you put smooth plates on the sides and the gun turrets on the side, those are my favorite :wub:  it says 3 gunners but i only see 2 :sceptic:  i like the rockets (are they rockets?) on the inside of the front (what are the for and how do they shoot?) there are not any pictures of where the clones sit or the inside of the back (probably the same place) on mocpages. i would like to see that. great moc and the fourth in the large division so there is not much competition yet.  :wink: (i should enter a lage division) :grin:

(First Reply!!!!! :wub:  :grin: )

Edited by calebexo01, 25 March 2009 - 10:54 PM.

#3 jansued

jansued

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

View Postcalebexo01, on Mar 24 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

this is a nice moc for the large division. i like how you put smooth plates on the sides and the gun turrets on the side, those are my favorite :wub:  it says 3 gunners but i only see 2 :sceptic:  i like the rockets (are they rockets?) on the inside of the front (what are the for and how do they shoot?) there are not any pictures of where the clones sit or the inside of the back (probably the same place) on mocpages. i would like to see that. great moc and the third in the large division so there is not much competition yet.  :wink: (i should enter a lage division) :grin:

(First Reply!!!!! :wub:  :grin: )

Hi!

1 Gunner for the D-WEB and 2 Gunner in the frint cargo bay to operate the missiles and shoot ot of the flaps. There is picture on MOCpages with the full crew.

The Rockets are long distance to destroy enemy fortifications from a safe distance.

Yep, you are right, I forgot to post a photo with open Main Cargo Bay doors can I add it?

Posted Image

#4 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

View Postjansued, on Mar 24 2009, 10:36 PM, said:

Yep, you are right, I forgot to post a photo with open Main Cargo Bay doors can I add it?
Sure you can.
Just push the "Edit" button in your first post.
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#5 Artizan

Artizan

Member: 3274

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

looks like a good design, reminds me of old grotesque ww1 tanks.(i am not saying yours is grotesque, mind you)
Posted Image
If you want to see Age of Empires 2 Lego sets be produced, then support!:http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/52276

#6 jansued

jansued

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

View PostArtizan, on Mar 24 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

looks like a good design, reminds me of old grotesque ww1 tanks.(i am not saying yours is grotesque, mind you)

To be honest - the Side Canons idea came from this:

http://images.google...82keApT2U42Xk0g

or the famous Indiana Jones sequence...

#7 Natman8000

Natman8000

• Dorky Obnoxious Tusken Accountant

Member: 2813

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

Looks good! It has a nice level of detail and ingenuity. The only thing is that I think the front is a bit strange being so flat.
Posted Image   Posted Image

#8 Darth Legolas

Darth Legolas

• Oh boy vomit brick!

Member: 4695

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

Very nice looking ship you got there! It reminds me of the big old dropship from the original Clone Wars series, but with an open top. Very nice!
...I have a Death Star...

#9 CommanderCody77

CommanderCody77

Member: 3697

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Lovely vehicle of the Large Division! The front looks very smooth and I really like how you designed the guns!
Good Luck!
I am also a big fan of Liverpool FC, Chelsea, QPR (Queens Park Rangers) , and West Bromwich Albion

Common Sense is not so common
  -François-Marie Aroue

You can do anything, but not everything.
—David Allen

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
—Baltasar Gracian

#10 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:45 AM

nice background story explaining the why it looks like a landspeeder :thumbup:

#11 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

great work there. I especially like the engines at the back theier well done. And the colour scheme with the red strips is really cool!

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#12 Zorro

Zorro

• Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

A very good background story and a very nice MOC.
Well done.

#13 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Aweome MOC jansued.
But where's the new shot of the Main Cargo Bay doors open?
You said you'd do a new non-blurry one for us? :tongue:
Great work and good luck in the contest
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users