SeaKing61

MOC: Flooded Street

indexed.gif B-V-9E

I've seen other people use the blue witch's hat as pouring water and I wanted to try it for myself. I had the idea of a broken hydrant spewing water onto a juckfozzer and it grew into this, a fully flooded street!

A fire crew struggle to shut off the hydrant

flood1.jpg

I gave the car a little wake to make it look like it's moving

flood3.jpg

The witch's hat water and slot for cars. Most 4 wide vehicles will fit in

flood4.jpg

Ready for your close up Mr Hydrant?

flood5.jpg

The photos are smaller than I intended, they came out of the camera at 640x480 rather than the normal far too large size. I must have pressed something!

Thanks for looking,

Laurie

Edited by Phred

:laugh: I love it! The van is so cute! Great idea to use the wizard hat for the water flow. :oh: The water looks very good.

I look forward to seeing your future MOCs. :thumbup:

JD

What a cute MOC! From the title I was half expecting some catastrophe scene, but this will do as well. :wink:

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that when you imagine to take the water out, there's a huge drop from the sidewalk to the driveway. Maybe the surface of the water should've been in the equal level to the sidewalk?

The maintenance crew responsible for water pipes are never there when they are needed most! :angry::wink: Very nice scene! I was also expecting a big scene depicting a catastrophe, but this little scene is just as nice! A very unique way of using the wizard's hat, by the way!

Well done, its amazing how just one piece can make a whole scene! Without the blue wizard hat, this MOC would not be as cool.

Cheers

I've seen the wizard's hat used like that on a number of occasions before, but I'd never seen that "momentum in times of flood" effect you've achieved.

Wonderful vig (?) mate!!! Absolutely brilliant ;)

I really like this. Its a mix of simplicity and ingenuity combined to make a fun moc! Well done! :classic:

Wow, thanks everyone for the great responses. I was planning this in my head for a little while and had to rebuild it a couple of times to get it right. I'm glad everyone likes it.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that when you imagine to take the water out, there's a huge drop from the sidewalk to the driveway. Maybe the surface of the water should've been in the equal level to the sidewalk?

I tried a few ways to get around that, but none of them looked quite as good. With the water and juckfozzer level, it just doesn't quite work, it seems like the water should be over the juckfozzer too. I was thinking about putting a barrier at the edge of the juckfozzer to make it seem like a raised pathway beside a busy road but couldn't find the right pieces (my collection is almost completely unsorted!). I'll have another look tomorrow.

Prateek, the car fits very snugly. Cars with the 10x4 car baseplate also fit very nicely as long as the wheels aren't too wide. I'll try to post a picture of another car in there tomorrow.

Thanks everyone,

Laurie

Lovely MOC, and the expression of the driver is perfect for the situation and the speed that van seems to be going at! :laugh:

My only complaint is that the water spilling from the fire hydrant is level with the juckfozzer, which doesn't match the amount of water that is coming out of the fire hydrant. It also looks a bit like the water has burnt a hole into the juckfozzer to fill, so I think it would be better if the water spilling was on the level above the juckfozzer. :classic:

What a interesting scene! The use of the wizard hat is very creative. I love it :classic: !

Brickthing, I tried raising the water one plate but then it looks too square for my liking. Looking at the amount of water that thing's leaked I reckon it would've eroded at least a small hole in the pavement by now :grin:

Thanks for the comments everyone

Laurie

that's a cool little scene^^ I like it, simple but very cool ! :thumbup:

Ready for your close up Mr Hydrant?

Hydrants in the UK are opened from the side?

They're opened from the top in the US.

Hydrants in the UK are opened from the side?

They're opened from the top in the US.

We don't have hydrants like that in the UK. I thought they were opened from the top but I wanted it to look like the water was really coming out of the hydrant and so i put the spanner ont he side to act as a rim to hide the end of the hat.

Laurie