Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:38 PM
On the East tower of Fort Salum lies the quarters of the Admiral. He has seen much in his day, and he is no longer the exuberant youth he once was. He now spends his days in the solitude of his quarters.
The soldier's battlements
Thanks for Looking! Any constructive criticism would be appreciated!
Good Luck to all of the other entrants as well
Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:59 PM
What I like:
The ammount of details used everywhere.
The drunken soldier at the highest floor.
All kinds of sea-themed trophies on the walls in the admiral's room.
The admiral's furniture, especially the bed, planning table and the closet under the crossed swords.
The gun floors are nicely made and filled with things.
What could be improved:
Make the gun floors tiled or SNOT like you've done in the admiral's room.
I always try to tile so much as possible to make it more realistic. It would work very well here.
Try to make the 'roof' of the admiral's bed in a rectangle, it looks a bit odd now.
Perhaps to make the flames in the fireplace less angular, there's no wind in a building so the flames should go more straight up. They look a bit wild now.
An infiltrating enemy spy or something like that would add more action to the entry.
Very nice entry and good luck!
Avalonia Trading Company
Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:00 PM
poor little Admiral lost in his huge room...
Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:53 PM
Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:57 PM
I'm not sure but it looks great.
Avalonia Trading Company
Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:13 PM
I think you did an excellent job making the entry nice and smooth, and the color scheme looks perfect as well. The SNOT floor on the lowest level is excellent, and makes the entry very pleasing to the eye.
Another thing you did very well is all of the furniture and things on the wall. The fireplace is well built. I like the crossed swords on the wall.
While the upper decks are small, what you've included in them adds a lot to the entry as a whole. I enjoyed viewing the different actions of the minifigs, especially the drunken one. Good work on the cannon area as well.
1) The top of the bed looks quite odd since it's sort of a "T" shape. I would recommend extending out the supports to the edge so it's rectangular.
2) Perhaps the bedsheets would look nice in red and white to match the Imperial colors.
That's just about all I can think of for now. Your entry is definitely great, and your building skills have greatly improved since PtV.
Good work, and good luck in the contest!
Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:16 PM
I can't find it on peeron, but it is 2 cloth pieces ontop of each other. The other side of them is "starred," similar to the Harry Potter Capes.
Oh, and on a side note, I do not plan on changing anything on my entry because I already took it apart to build THIS!
EDIT: Found it!
Edited by Patriot720, 22 March 2009 - 08:25 PM.
Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:10 AM
Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:09 PM
Possible improvement points:
1. The "roof" over the bed looks a bit odd (smaller than the bed itself)
2. The flags between the cannons would look a bit better if they where a solid color, or designed to hang vertical, now the flags look a bit weird since the logo isn't straight.
3. The fireplace isn't "going anywhere", as in: there's no chimney above it.
1. Carpet under the bed, very nice touch.
2. Good detail in the captain's room, even got some model ships .
3. Color combination, I really like the white/tan combo used in the new soldiers fort.
Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:05 PM
1. The gun platform needs to be tiled.
2. The top of the bed stands out...in a bad way You need to make is rectangular.
3. The admirals quarters look ..."lonely" shall we say. I would suggest adding a servant,wife/wench,soldier or a officer ready to assist the Admiral.
4. The fire place look like it is out of control. Perhaps some straight flames.
5. How about adding some logs beside the fire waiting to be burned. It would look very realistic.
6. Maybe you could put a chair in the corner for the Admiral to sit on.
Other than that is looks Awesome.
1969 Dodge Charger RT
Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:30 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users