Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:34 AM
Hey all, this is my first ever try at a moc of any kind. Ive been wanting to build something for a while now and i thought this contest would be a good place to start, plus there doesn'tg seem to be many women builders about. Any tips and advice will be welcome http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/105817
Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:57 AM
But a very nice MOC, thanks for sharing and good luck in the contest!
Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:37 AM
I like the use of cristal ball as jar and how you did the ground.
I just suggest to you (if you can) to tile all the black studs around and above your MOC.
Otherwise, I like it!
Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:43 PM
What I like:
The ammount of details, there are so many!
The skeletons, nice idea.
The cabin itself looks great.
What could be improved:
The parrot on the wheel on the large barrel. It would be better to make a seperate parrot stand.
Overall, a very nice entry!
Avalonia Trading Company
Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:25 PM
Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:42 PM
One thing you have a plentiful amount of is fun interior design elements, like the angled table, keg, and the crystal balls. You did a great job with the SNOT floor as well.
Some improvement ideas:
1) I would definitely recommend deeplinking 2 more images to the post, so viewers don't have to click on a link to see them.
2) Writing a little back story for your entry would give more insight about your entry, like why are the minifigs skeletons for example.
3) The black brick wall might look better in brown if you have enough.
4) Your lantern on the left looks great, but I'm not a big fan of the red hand sticking out. I know it's meant to be a flame but I think leaving it bare might look better.
5) A minor point, putting some tiles on the front where there are studs showing would match the sleekness of the rest of your entry.
I think you did a superb job for a first MOC. You've incorporated lots of detail which is sometimes hard even for experienced builders.
Good work, and all the best for the contest!
Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:33 PM
Your images could be a bit sharper though, this could get you more votes as well.
The build a frigate tutorail!
New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the tutorials, or the help section.
Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:58 PM
what I would suggest is to post a picture where we can see the entire moc, uncut, with some white background all around ( or digital or anything, but the moc mustn't be bigger than the picture I think ) , I think it adds a lot to the pictures! but that's just IMO ^^
I also thinks that for a small moc like this, 3 walls is too much, only 2 walls and take the pictures from a different angle of view should make it looks less "crushed" on itself, if you see what I mean ( sorry my English vocabulary is limited^^ )
anyway that's a great start and I really enjoyed it!
Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not? (George Bernard Shaw)
Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:17 PM
Possible improvement points:
1. The table could be a plate, or maybe 2, lower.
1. Good "cluttered" look, lots of details.
2. The floor looks good, a much better use for those bricks than how they where use in the new BB ship.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users