Member: 873

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Rufus, 23 July 2011 - 05:33 PM.
Indexed

�The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.�

Bern Williams

#2 Basiliscus

Basiliscus

Member: 890

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

Very nice collection there.  :thumbup:

How did you make the helmets? Is it just me or are they missing something important...weapons?  :laugh:

Wahil Musca, slaver and entrepreneur of Kaliphlin, ambassador to the Emir of Gorr

Latest MOCs
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Flickr

#3 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:47 AM

ooooo :oh: i love the helms but the fact that they're fleshies bothers me for some strange reason... the tanks are cool too with the mixed greys :thumbup:

#4 General Armendariz

General Armendariz

• I invoke upon thee...the Curse of the Merman-General!

Member: 4056

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

Wow those canadians look great!  nice customs :wub:

#5 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse

• I was the Master

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:20 AM

Helmets are made with sculpey, after cooked and hardened I took a couple leaves off of a plastic tree cut them down and glued them on with crazyglue.  When thier weapons show up I'll post more pics. (eta 2-3 weeks)  I've got another 35 soldiers or so planned along with a Churchill AVRE (Royal Engineers) a Centaur tank (Royal Marines) 3 LCA's, and maybe a LCI.  With all of this I hope to make a fairly massive D-Day Juno Beach Nan Sector Diorama.
�The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.�

Bern Williams

#6 Tim Bit

Tim Bit

Member: 4121

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

Beautiful mocs.
I simply love it all.
Keep up the good work my fellow Canadian!
"I'm proud to be Canadian...eh!"

#7 MacK

MacK

• The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:53 AM

I don't often see Canadian WWII MOCs so this is a nice treat and a little different :sweet: . I think you've done an awsome job on the minifigs; their helmets are great. The vehicles are also pretty cool, and look great together. Only way I think you could improve these would be to add a Candian flag or symbol to them, although I forget what exactly it looked like as it was way different then the modern Canadain flag.  I really hope you go through with it and complete a Juno beach diorama. Can't wait to see what you make next :classic: .

Playing as Nishimura Yamaguchi in The Convention

Flickr

#8 Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates

Member: 5372

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:59 AM

Well done! Your helmet design is wonderful. I gotta say, though, the lighting in that shot makes the comparison between dark gray and blay quite jarring. I wonder if I'm the only one who's still bitter about that, or have we all moved on now? :tongue:

#9 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse

• I was the Master

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

View PostCarbohydrates, on Mar 5 2009, 02:59 AM, said:

Well done! Your helmet design is wonderful. I gotta say, though, the lighting in that shot makes the comparison between dark gray and blay quite jarring. I wonder if I'm the only one who's still bitter about that, or have we all moved on now? :tongue:

I wish they'd make both! Dark Grey is great for Allied vehicles and Dark Bley or Light Grey for Axis
Posted Image

Bern Williams

#10 TLV

TLV

Member: 5132

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:33 AM

wow the decals on the torso and the helmets are pretty accurate! great job there! The tanks are nicely built too!

#11 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse

• I was the Master

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

View PostTLV, on Mar 7 2009, 02:33 AM, said:

wow the decals on the torso and the helmets are pretty accurate! great job there! The tanks are nicely built too!

Thanks!  Also working on the Juno Beach Nan Sector defenses too.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Bern Williams

#12 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

Very nicely done!  You bring honor and recognition to our country's often overlooked feats.  I can't wait for your Juno Beach diorama.

:thumbup:
"Once, there was only darkness. If you ask me, the light's winning"

#13 MacK

MacK

• The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:25 AM

Your Juno beach appears to be coming along quite nicely; the pillbox/tower looks very big and very strong. I can't wait to see it with Canadian troops storming the beach!

Playing as Nishimura Yamaguchi in The Convention

Flickr

#14 jifel

jifel

Member: 1711

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:30 AM

Nice to see a Canadian army, since most people don't think of Canada with WW2. I am actually reading a WW2 timeline book, very good IMO, and actually just finished D-Day, so I am appreciating this a lot.
Edit:  The book's right in front of me, 3rd Canadian division correct?

jifel

Edited by jifel, 11 March 2009 - 02:34 AM.

#15 Darth Legolas

Darth Legolas

• Oh boy vomit brick!

Member: 4695

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:38 AM

A job well done, though I find it kind of funny to see an army of Canadian Henry Jones's. Cool tanks too.  :thumbup: I like your idea if the binocular strap.

Edited by Darth Legolas, 11 March 2009 - 02:38 AM.

...I have a Death Star...

#16 Natman8000

Natman8000

• Dorky Obnoxious Tusken Accountant

Member: 2813

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:40 AM

View PostDarth Legolas, on Mar 10 2009, 06:38 PM, said:

A job well done, though I find it kind of funny to see an army of Canadian Henry Jones's. Cool tanks too.  :thumbup: I like your idea if the binocular strap.

I agree with Darth Rascalas about the Dr. H Jones SR. thing. You should also work on getting some new fleshie heads. But good work, I love dark tan.
Posted Image   Posted Image

#17 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse

• I was the Master

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for all the comments everyone!   Henry Jones will soon be exiting the stage soon, working on brasso-ing the Henry Jones face right off and replacing it with a generic face.  To order 100 fleshy heads (figure minimum 50 bucks) when I've got heads, albeit with Henrys faces on it, seems abit extreme, but I may have to if the new faces look wrong.  The North Shore Regiment (New Brunswick) was part of the 8th Brigade of the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division.  I hope to have  the landing craft finished by end of March, the beach and water finished by April, the Beach defenses finshed by May, and part of the village and strong hold finished by June.

Bern Williams

#18 Ratshot

Ratshot

• Thank you for your contributions!

Member: 4799

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

:pir-oh: I know that this is an old topic bu I have to say....THIS IS AWESOME :wub: :pir-wub:  . I see that you are in Fredeiction. I am in a little place just outside of St.John called Browns Flat.

My flickr

Posted Image
1969 Dodge Charger RT

#19 Dutch

Dutch

Member: 4110

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:42 AM

Wow those are some great customs figs and the fort is amazing . So keep it up. Aslo im part candian A. :laugh:

#20 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse

• I was the Master

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

Work progresses on the Canadian troops.
Posted Image

Bern Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users