MOC Droideka

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Future74

Future74

Member: 4801

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image
When I was building the first version of the driodeka, I got some ideas that I had to put to use in a 2nd version.
So that's why you will see some similarities between the two; the legs and arms are the same. But the main body is quiet different.

Front
Posted Image

Side
Posted Image

Back
Posted Image

Hope you'll like it.
I'm not a fool... I'm an AFOL!

My Star Wars Lego sets
My Brickshelf gallery
My MOCs, MODs and Review topic links
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 ADHO15

ADHO15

• Another day, another hat

Member: 2428

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

I do prefer this new design. It looks thinner and more round than the previous. Do you have the TLG Droideka from the MTT? If so, you could use the bronze 'arms' to make it look more realistic.

I think it's a super design but the only thing that lets it down is the colour, but that's something hard to overcome if you don't have the pieces.  :tongue:

Well done.
Posted Image------------Posted Image  -  V2.0 NOT coming soon... (got bored of working on it)
Click here to view my [now expired] Jedi Temple MOC (pictured) on LEGO Ideas

#3 AwesomeStar

AwesomeStar

• Mystery Distraction

Member: 3245

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Wow!! Thats a very good Droideka you have there. A perfect design, I would say. So well done! :thumbup:

-A.S.

brickshelf   flickr

I played Kian Otherus in EBRP and finished as Lorraine Bailey in MOTEE.
I died as scum Chief Astrobiology Officer Richard Francis in Bob's Excalibur Mafia 2.0,
as scum Augustus "Gus" Staines in Noir Mafia and as snooty old Alfonso in Ditalini - Mystery Mafia...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Millacol88

Millacol88

• Pokey

Member: 2723

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Good MOC.  :thumbup:  It looks much better than your old one. Other than the incorrect colurs (which, as others have said, is hard to overcome), and its out of scale, although it is still a much better size than TLC's version from the MTT.

#5 Commander Flash

Commander Flash

Member: 5083

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

Very nice, its like a final draft. It could be a mega one. Good job
My brickshelf: http://www.brickshel...manderFlash7707
Flickr account: http://www.flickr.co...rflash/?saved=1

Looking for any helpful Town/City based tutorials, such as buildings, cars, and other things in a city. PM if you would like to share tutorials

Posted Image
Carlo Fergusen in Noir Mafia...Died Loyal

#6 hopeso009

hopeso009

• Hong Kong Ice Dragon

Member: 3636

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

This one seems to be better than the first one

The head is getting flatter (more correct)
and the bending neck also improves the overall shape.

Good~~

#7 Future74

Future74

Member: 4801

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

Thanks. I think this one looks better compared to the first one, but that's almost always the case when you build a second version of something.... at least in the eyes of the designer. :laugh:

View PostADHO15, on Mar 3 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

Do you have the TLG Droideka from the MTT? If so, you could use the bronze 'arms' to make it look more realistic.

I think it's a super design but the only thing that lets it down is the colour, but that's something hard to overcome if you don't have the pieces.  :tongue:
Yes, I could have torn the Droideka from the MTT apart... but couldn't.  :blush:  And it's nice to have them lined-up as comparisons. It's like you watch them evolve.  :laugh:

The colour is most of the times a problem, I have seen it come up in a lot of MOCs that's because TLC doesnt have every piece available in every colour. Just take a look in S@H. Since all my SW models are still intact and displayed I have to make due with old lego and/or loose bricks I order from S@H.

View PostMillacol88, on Mar 3 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

Good MOC.  :thumbup:  It looks much better than your old one. Other than the incorrect colurs (which, as others have said, is hard to overcome), and its out of scale, although it is still a much better size than TLC's version from the MTT.
What do you mean by out of scale? I think compared to the TLC version it's more minifigure accurate.
I'm not a fool... I'm an AFOL!

My Star Wars Lego sets
My Brickshelf gallery
My MOCs, MODs and Review topic links
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#8 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

I do like your destroyer better than the 1 in the mtt. although im not a fan of the dark grey (i like the brown-red better). good work though

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users