MOC: Sea House - Finished!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 juergs

juergs

Member: 5423

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image B-RV-3E

Hey guys, yesterday I posted and idea for a sea house MOC. Many of you posted suggestions, and I thought that I'd post some pics to let you guys know how it turned out. I would love some feedback and advice. I'll link it in a bit to my brickshelf account so you guys can see some more pics. Thanks!

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.JPG   28.03K   49 downloads
  • Attached File  1.JPG   28.44K   50 downloads
  • Attached File  5.JPG   28.22K   47 downloads

Edited by Phred, 08 September 2011 - 05:41 PM.

#2 Brickaholic

Brickaholic

Member: 5413

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

You built that within one day! That's amazing! I really like the details, like the bird and cave with the life preserver. I also like the Tudor design. :classic:

#3 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

A very original creation, the landscaping´s cool and the house looks pretty idyllic.
The grotto´s very interesting too... it looks like it could work as some kind of boat shed... is there some
connection to the building, maybe some corkscrew stairs leading to a secret door behind some wardrobe?  :grin:

#4 juergs

juergs

Member: 5423

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

View PostAsuka, on Mar 1 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

A very original creation, the landscaping´s cool and the house looks pretty idyllic.
The grotto´s very interesting too... it looks like it could work as some kind of boat shed... is there some
connection to the building, maybe some corkscrew stairs leading to a secret door behind some wardrobe?  :grin:

The cave actually is a boathouse, and I did incorporate a series of ladders into the main structure. I also made a small boat that fits in the cave. Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad you like it!

#5 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

Nice job on this.  It could almost pass for a Pirate MOC, but not quite.  I love the thought of a sea house with a mysterious cave below.  I really like the open side with the palm tree.  Very creative. :thumbup:

#6 BlueBard

BlueBard

Member: 2796

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Nice MOC! I specially like the B&W&Red color scheme and the pirate ambience that secret cave gives to it  :thumbup:

#7 Eilif

Eilif

• Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Great job.  I'm not up on all my architectural styles, but it is quite striking the way the windows are in the middle of the contrasting stripes rather than centered between them as most people would do. It reminds me -in a good way- of some very nuice asian architecture that I have seen. I'm not as fond of the blue roof, but I assume that was born of necessity.
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#8 Commander_Blitz

Commander_Blitz

Member: 4914

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Is that a crab down in that corner? I love that piece! It's so cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users