MOC: Routemaster Open-Top Doubledecker Bus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MetroiD

• Lost in the forest of life

Member: 5374

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image V-LB-03C

Seeing Yanzl's wonderful doubledecker coach reminded me of a MOC I built not so long ago - an open-top Routemaster H2910, the original London Sightseeing Tour Bus (in 6-wide minifig scale).

I really wanted to come close to the original with this one - unfortunately I still do not have any of those 2x3 big red windows to fill the "voids" there, but I do think that you get the picture, more or less. All in all, this one was made before I started using more snotty techniques and I guess it shows - it's a very simple build and nothing too fancy, however it does blend in nicely in any city - especially if you put it next to LEGO's original sets from the early 90s.

Posted Image
I hope the driver doesn't mind that he has to sit on the right side... this one IS a typical non-continental creation after all, so in keeping with the original it had to feature the all too distinctive "driving on the wrong side of the road" feature...  :tongue:

Posted Image
The stairs turned out well - what's also good is that the first deck features enough room for both seats AND standing passengers. Of course, this Routemaster features floor covering which should prevent you from slipping while bravely making your way up or down the stairs.

Posted Image
The mad professor chap can't quite seem to make up his mind whether he should hurry up and take that nice free seat downstairs or go up for that unique hairdryer treatment... But as long as it's not raining (in London? Never!), I think he should go for the latter!

More pictures available at MOCpages.

Once again, I am well aware of the fact that this bus is really nothing special - neither in terms of construction, nor as an idea. However, it doesn't look too bad, besides I checked the Eurobricks Vehicles index and it doesn't feature all too many buses... So this one should be a nice addition to use as a city bus, alongside Yanzl's wonderful "long-distance" coach.

Edited by Phred, 23 April 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Brickaholic

Member: 5413

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:17 AM

Truly awesome my friend! Almost too real... :tongue: You did a good job. The stairs are the coolest thing on it!

#3 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

Thats really cool! I like it! The stair design is really cool. Looks just like the real thing!
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#4 Matn

• supermegaawesome

Member: 2084

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Very nice. The stairs are indeed a great detail. It has such a classic LEGO vibe over it, it would fit extremely well in the 90's sets. Good job!

#5 MetroiD

• Lost in the forest of life

Member: 5374

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

Thanks guys! Glad you liked it, this was one of my earliest "adult" MOCs :sweet:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Er!k

Member: 5351

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

I really like the bus, fits very well in a 80's style city!
My train sets:
Posted Image

#7 Aliencat

• The Modular Meow

Member: 3902

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

This looks nice and old skool :)
I like those stairs in the back that lead up to the upper deck as well, nifty little detail!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users