Carbohydrates

MOC: Roadster Motorcycle

indexed.gif V-LV-26A

EDIT: Now built with real bricks, check page 2!

I saw Asya & Bobby Otters's fantastic Daytona yesterday and had to try building a bike for myself. I decided on a roadster of sorts. It's not any one make or model in particular because I'm really not familiar with motorcycles, but it was a fun build - err, CAD!

roadster001.png

roadster002.png

roadster003.png

roadster004.png

roadster005.png

The clip with the 1x1 round used for a front headlight is wedged in between the two round clips and held in place by the pressure between the two.

Thanks again, Asya & Bobby Otters, for the inspiration for this one! Hope you guys like it.

Edited by Phred

Wow! That looks just fantastic! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Seems like you're mastering modeling with SNOT pretty well already - bikes like these are few and far between, just because of the advanced SNOT-work, so this is just... excellent. :classic:

This is absolutely fantastic! I just love how you've used the pistols as the bike's handlebars - it's an extremely original touch! The bike is simply lovely and you've really done a GREAT job using various SNOT techniques to create a marvellous design... Can't wait to see this one in actual bricks, please do bring it to life!

Btw, the model sorta reminds of the Norton Thruxton... once again, awesome build!

Wow, looks cool, the colours suit it well I've only got one dislike where does the minifigure go?

nice motorcycle.

very creative by using unique parts.

nice trick for using 1x1 round bricks for the engine.

binoculars for holding exhaust, great idea.

the part for holding the wheels also very nice.

i like it very much. :thumbup:

im overwhelmed by the awesomeness :thumbup: you should get these bricks from BL and try it in real life :wink:

...I've only got one dislike where does the minifigure go?

Fitting a minifig on a bike which still looks cool is near impossible... or at least it can only be done for a select few types of motorcycles. That is the conclusion I've come to so far, after having built three minifig-scale motorcycles. One of those was made especially with the "minifig rideability" in mind and it features a gap in the middle which I'm definitely not too happy with...

So you have to sacrifice some level of realism with a minifig-scale bike in other to have a minifig actually ride it and at the end of the day it's really a matter of priorities. I for one build all my vehicles with the town folk in mind and the same applies to our buildings and town structures... However, as far as bikes go, I'd rather have a beautiful bike which looks just right for a minifig yet cannot be actually ridden by it than sacrifice the bike's looks.

My two cents.

im overwhelmed by the awesomeness :thumbup: you should get these bricks from BL and try it in real life :wink:

Good idea! I just ordered the parts - $3.37 USD before shipping, pretty cheap.

Good idea! I just ordered the parts - $3.37 USD before shipping, pretty cheap.

woah that IS pretty cheap :thumbup: i'll be expecting pics :classic:

Just make sure you order more of those bike-specific parts. I bet you'll be hooked once you build this one ;)

:oh::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Love the design! I was looking for a Roadster model and I think I'll try this design :classic:

Edited by BlueBard

Wow! This is exellent! Very creative use of parts! Its a shame the wheels don't turn, but other than that its flawless! Very impressive!

:wub: Finally!!! I knew it would look even better in real bricks! A few bucks well spent my friend, you've got yourself a GREAT bike there ;]

Thank you so much! Wonderful design and looks really great and just like a real bike! A very very clever idea of using the telephone headsets (which unfortunately i have none...) and the pistons as the handles! Very ingenious! Ermm... Will the handle fire?? :tongue:

Btw, can i check whether can it fit a minifig riding it?