New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

4375 replies to this topic

#3901 Nikkiwi

Nikkiwi

Member: 10240

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

<edit: no longer available>

Edited by Nikkiwi, 30 November 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#3902 bartneck

bartneck

Member: 19266

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

LUG 4/2 is going to meet today at 2pm at Spencer Park for our Off Road and Space Challenge. Feel free to come by and meet fellow AFOLs. Later we will also fire up a BBQ.
Posted Image

#3903 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Man the NZ LUG is doing great! Would love to come to an event one day! :)
Just wanted to ask if anyone has found any sales recently? Or any good deals on trade me? I just scored the 2008 AT-TE for $90! Afew pieces missing but im still stoked! Been on the lookout for that and the 2008 gunship at a bargain price for 4 years now! :laugh: Just need that gunship!
On another note, Im contemplating doing a BL order sometime this summer (when I have cash to spare) and getting alot of the LOTR sets of this year and next years ones, as its much cheaper that way, just wondering if anyone else is considering this as well? Maybe we could organise an NZ bulk combined order through the LUG or something...Just an idea though. :sweet:

CF
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#3904 Fatteh

Fatteh

Member: 16517

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostCommanderFox, on 04 November 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Just wanted to ask if anyone has found any sales recently? Or any good deals on trade me? I just scored the 2008 AT-TE for $90! Afew pieces missing but im still stoked! Been on the lookout for that and the 2008 gunship at a bargain price for 4 years now! :laugh: Just need that gunship!

Saw that AT-TE going begging. Pretty surprised that it passed in and went to an offer. Good luck with the gunship. I've picked up a few goodies lately. Mint, complete Republic Attack Shuttle for $50; New Heroica Fortaan for $20 and a collection of 6 of the older SW battle packs plus a Hailfire Droid set for $75 (34 minfigs! Imagine how much certain TM traders couldn't sell those for!).

Haven't seen any out of the ordinary sales at the retailers, but I did notice quite a lot of the previous SW wave reappearing on local warehouse shelves and still at clearance prices though not marked as such.

On another note, Im contemplating doing a BL order sometime this summer (when I have cash to spare) and getting alot of the LOTR sets of this year and next years ones, as its much cheaper that way, just wondering if anyone else is considering this as well? Maybe we could organise an NZ bulk combined order through the LUG or something...Just an idea though. :sweet:

I could be a starter for a few of the bigger LOTR sets. Probably not till the new year though.

#3905 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostFatteh, on 05 November 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

Saw that AT-TE going begging. Pretty surprised that it passed in and went to an offer. Good luck with the gunship. I've picked up a few goodies lately. Mint, complete Republic Attack Shuttle for $50; New Heroica Fortaan for $20 and a collection of 6 of the older SW battle packs plus a Hailfire Droid set for $75 (34 minfigs! Imagine how much certain TM traders couldn't sell those for!).

Haven't seen any out of the ordinary sales at the retailers, but I did notice quite a lot of the previous SW wave reappearing on local warehouse shelves and still at clearance prices though not marked as such.

I was to! Thats why i thought its to hard to pass and bought it. :sweet: I saw that shuttle, another steal, can you link me that $75 auction? Must have missed that one. :oh3:
Interesting, will have to go to warehouse sometime and see if there is anything good.

View PostFatteh, on 05 November 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I could be a starter for a few of the bigger LOTR sets. Probably not till the new year though.
Yes thats what I'm after, and in the new year sounds good. :thumbup:

CF
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!

#3906 Fatteh

Fatteh

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostCommanderFox, on 05 November 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

I was to! Thats why i thought its to hard to pass and bought it. :sweet: I saw that shuttle, another steal, can you link me that $75 auction? Must have missed that one. :oh3:

Sure: http://www.trademe.c...px?id=525788336

Passed in on a $100 reserve and was offered for $75. There's a droid or two missing, but came with an extra clone and all are in top notch condition - presumably from a build and display owner - so I'm not complaining.

#3907 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostFatteh, on 06 November 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Sure: http://www.trademe.c...px?id=525788336

Passed in on a $100 reserve and was offered for $75. There's a droid or two missing, but came with an extra clone and all are in top notch condition - presumably from a build and display owner - so I'm not complaining.

I do remember seeing that auction now! Very lucky buy! :sweet: :thumbup:

CF

#3908 bartneck

bartneck

Member: 19266

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

We had a great time at the Off Road Challenge. Here is a video summary:

Posted Image

#3909 evil_elmo

evil_elmo

Member: 5389

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostLegoman, on 01 October 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Same...  :sceptic:   :wink:

has yours arrived?

mine arrived today, box had a small/medium size tear on the front and  was abit squashed....not too bad since it was so cheap

#3910 Fatteh

Fatteh

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Heads up for anyone into Hero Factory: the Warehouse has included the large HF sets in their two for $25 deal. I just picked up Stormer XL and Speeda Demon for a ridiculous 72% off RRP.

#3911 Legoman

Legoman

• Cardman

Member: 428

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostFatteh, on 14 November 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

Heads up for anyone into Hero Factory: the Warehouse has included the large HF sets in their two for $25 deal. I just picked up Stormer XL and Speeda Demon for a ridiculous 72% off RRP.

Man, thats crazy! That Speeda Demon set is usually $50 by itself.. Good find!

View Postevil_elmo, on 14 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

has yours arrived?

mine arrived today, box had a small/medium size tear on the front and  was abit squashed....not too bad since it was so cheap

Mine arrived today too. It had a few tears and dents, plus some kind of shipping sticker or something on it?
For $500 its still a reasonable deal, but I did flick them a quick email mentioning it, as shipping stickers on 'new' sets isn't my favourite :tongue: I'll let you know If I get any responce

Proudly a disciple of Christ
Member of LUG/2

Feel free to check out My Flickr

#3912 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostLegoman, on 14 November 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Mine arrived today too. It had a few tears and dents, plus some kind of shipping sticker or something on it?
For $500 its still a reasonable deal, but I did flick them a quick email mentioning it, as shipping stickers on 'new' sets isn't my favourite :tongue: I'll let you know If I get any responce

View Postevil_elmo, on 14 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

What sets were these? And was this by any chance from fishpond? :)
Just made my first ever Bricklink order from Gelo! Was a breeze, hoping to receive the lego today, some useful parts and a few to complete the AT-TE I bought the other day. :sweet:
Can't wait to order more from now on! :laugh:

CF

#3913 evil_elmo

evil_elmo

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

10221 SSD from fishpond

#3914 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

View Postevil_elmo, on 15 November 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

10221 SSD from fishpond

For $500?! Wow, you two are very lucky! That would be one fun huge set to build! :wub:

CF

#3915 evil_elmo

evil_elmo

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

the hero factory tip was awesome....saved me a fortune on christmas pressies :thumbup:

#3916 Fatteh

Fatteh

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Australia is considering lowering their GST exemption ceiling on imports from $1,000 to $30. Given that NZ often follows Ausy in such legislation and that our retailers have been lobbying for a similar reduction, the days of sweet deals from offshore sellers may be numbered.

Pretty much every package would be hit with the 5% toys and models duty on the value of the contents; then 15% GST on the total of the value of the contents + the freight charge + the 5% duty (yes, you pay GST on the freight and all duty charges); and finally topped off with the blanket $38 Import Entry Transaction Fee. So a $50 package from BL with $15 postage, may soon incur $2.50 duty + $10.13 GST + $38 IETF for a not so nice total of $115.63. Ugh.

#3917 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

Not sure if this is a good deal for anyone into the older sets - Here.
Also Warehouse has Buy one get one Half price on all Lego! Not bad on some of the more expensive sets, might have a looky sometime.
Just got a steal on trade me - Steal! So happy about it :sweet:  Keeping my eye out constantly now, so many good holiday clear out deals on trade me. I just wish some of the bulk auctions didn't go so high in price!

CF

#3918 Brickthing

Brickthing

• Mr. Perfect

Member: 4229

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostCommanderFox, on 08 December 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Also Warehouse has Buy one get one Half price on all Lego! Not bad on some of the more expensive sets, might have a looky sometime.
Probably to prevent accidentally applying the discount to the larger set, the promo online seems to be "Buy two or more, get 25% off all of them", which means you get a much better deal if buying a large set and a small set. :sweet:

#3919 evil_elmo

evil_elmo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

it seems like all the big sets at the warehouse is sold out, wanting to get a volkwagen camper

#3920 oddjob

oddjob

Member: 32670

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hobbit sets starting to pop up around the place. Have seen them in store at The Warehouse and Toyworld.

Was hoping they would be on The Warehoure website by today to take advantage of the online deal.

#3921 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Just noticed this, haven't seen one in years on trade me! Im very interested to see how high the bidding goes! :) Good luck to anyone on here going for it.
Any cheap deals besides warehouse? Farmers seems to have gone quiet on us for a few weeks.

CF

#3922 jonwil

jonwil

Member: 1239

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Lucky Kiwis getting Hobbit sets before us Aussies do :(
Wish I could get my hands on a Bag End set...

#3923 epic_red

epic_red

Member: 13901

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

If you have a smart/iPhone, then Toyworld has an app that contains a 'buy one get one half price' offer, that is valid until January 31st I believe, if that helps anyone :classic:

#3924 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

View Postjonwil, on 11 December 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Lucky Kiwis getting Hobbit sets before us Aussies do :(
Wish I could get my hands on a Bag End set...

Bricklink has them at very reasonable prices! I would be looking there personally as the prices beat our retail price and any sale discount the shops could do. :wink:

View Postepic_red, on 11 December 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

If you have a smart/iPhone, then Toyworld has an app that contains a 'buy one get one half price' offer, that is valid until January 31st I believe, if that helps anyone :classic:

Yeah i noticed that in Toyworld's email. Would be fantastic for the larger sets Toyworld has!

CF

#3925 Brickthing

Brickthing

• Mr. Perfect

Member: 4229

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostCommanderFox, on 11 December 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Bricklink has them at very reasonable prices! I would be looking there personally as the prices beat our retail price and any sale discount the shops could do. :wink:
At least until the Bricklink prices drop below US RRP, the prices in New Zealand for the Hobbit sets are surprisingly good. I managed to find Bag End ( :wub:) and a few other sets at the Albany Warehouse this evening at the tail end of the "Buy one, get one 50% off" offer.

At least for the Warehouse, the prices were:

Riddles for the Ring - $25
Escape from Mirkwood Spiders - $50
Attack of the Wargs - $90
Barrel Escape - $80
An Unexpected Gathering - $130
The Goblin King Battle - $160

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users