Talon Karrde

Losing Ground at Aelis Minor

indexed.gif

3298395046_a846690cf0.jpg

Receiving Transmission

This is an urgent call for help, our forces are being overwhelmed, CIS operatives are active in the Aelis system. Our escape is cut off, they have blockaded the planet. Requesting a frigate and a legion immediately, they’ve overrun our command centre and my padawan has fallen… They re too many, I am pulling my troopers back into the desert, maybe we can buy some time in the dunes but… I don’t know…

Transmission Terminated

Enjoy.

Very nice. I like the blood effect, but blasters leave a burn mark with no blood. Sorry if I'm being picky, but apart from that it is very well done. :thumbup::thumbup: I also like the little bit of speech you added. It helps vizualize what is going on. :classic:

JD

It's a nice minifig setup.

But is this more than just some tan plates, a few bushes and some troopers?

A great move with the background transmission and the pic is ultrasharp :wub:

It's just that in my opinion a vignette needs a little more than this.

Some sort of building, a tree... anything but just some shrubbery and blood.

No meaning to offend you, it's just my opinion.

How about adding a self-built scorched tree or a ruin wall?

Why are so many obsessed with blood, sabers in the NT cauterized, as did blasters, and a Jedi with a blaster is just too odd, the OR would never use blasters, only NR did.

(Old Republic) (New Republic).

Good MOC, but I would think there should be more action

What I was trying to do with this small scene was emphasize the urgency of the retreat, in my opinion, more action is sometimes unnecessary when trying to portray a simple and striking message, having carnage and droid bodies everywhere on a small vignette like this tends to confuse the action, rather than enhance it. Also I did not want to make this any bigger because it was only a five minute build, something to pass the time, yanno? :tongue:

Looks great but can you add in more pictures to show us what it looks like? :classic:

There's not really anything more to see that isn't in this photo if I'm honest with you :classic:

Some sort of building, a tree... anything but just some shrubbery and blood.

No meaning to offend you, it's just my opinion.

How about adding a self-built scorched tree or a ruin wall?

Yeah, I see what you mean but I was going for simplicity and I wanted to emphasize the barren-ness of the godforsaken rock that is Aelis Minor :wink:

Why are so many obsessed with blood, sabers in the NT cauterized, as did blasters, and a Jedi with a blaster is just too odd, the OR would never use blasters, only NR did.

The blood really was just for dramatic effect, and did not Jedi occasionally use blasters in emergencies, I can think of one example *cough*DeathofGrevious*cough* and the idea was that the Jedi had just retrieved the blaster from the fallen clone in front of him in a desperate, last ditch, all in defensive engagement.

Glad you all (sort of) liked it, I always like a bit of controversy over my MOCs :grin: