Little Red Riding Hood

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 eti

eti

Member: 2975

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

Posted Image

I had planned to do fairy tales for some time, now here is the first: Little Red Riding Hood! A story in 13 picturs, based on three
separate MOCs (the kitchen, the forest and granny's house)
click pictures to enlarge:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------
making of:
at granny's house the roof and a wall part come off to look inside and take pictures

Posted Image

#2 CommanderCody77

CommanderCody77

Member: 3697

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

Very cool! I love everything :wub:
I am also a big fan of Liverpool FC, Chelsea, QPR (Queens Park Rangers) , and West Bromwich Albion

Common Sense is not so common
  -François-Marie Aroue

You can do anything, but not everything.
—David Allen

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
—Baltasar Gracian

#3 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

A very charming and colorful work with some interesting details like the 'rocky' arms of your wolf, that
basket and the pretty roof. Your MF characters look very good and the little forrest scene´s sweet. My
favorite part´s the very nice kitchen with the fine interior like that (pretty modern) looking table and
the neat stove... although it might look a bit strange that it looks like that oven´s placed inside a
fireplace... a chimney inside a chimney... to give that naughty little soot monster no chance, huh..?  :laugh:

#4 Lego12

Lego12

• Kill'n George

Member: 3422

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

That looks great Eti! I love the house! :wub: All the details are just amazing! Thanks for sharing! :sweet:
7 years on Eurobricks.

-Lego12

#5 Zorbas

Zorbas

• Tough on stains!

Member: 4609

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Very beautiful work eti! Crystal clear pictures also!!

I enjoyed "watching"the story as it was being unfolded.
The kitchen's interior is fantastic!! :wub:  Very detailed and filled with almost everything!

Well done! :thumbup:
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image

#6 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

Aww so adorable! But Why there is a sticking out sausage in their house? xD
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#7 eti

eti

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

Asuka, It is a normal place in an old fashioned kitchen... I think old houses had an open fire to hang a pan over, and later on combined cookers/heaters were put in the same place. I can't find a good picture of and old kitchen right now but something like this:

Posted Image  Posted Image

I actually made my kitchen off an internet photo too but I can't seem to find it back....

And that sausage is just lying on the shelf, the headlight is only there to keep it in place....

Edited by eti, 21 February 2009 - 05:29 PM.

#8 pr0visorak

pr0visorak

• Silvery Provo

Member: 3570

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

Haha! Great job :laugh: I love the grandma wolf!
2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#9 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

View Posteti, on Feb 21 2009, 11:26 AM, said:

And that sausage is just lying on the shelf, the headlight is only there to keep it in place....
It looks like a meat grinder, actually. So... This is beautiful and creative. Definitely an appropriate setting for a fairy tale. I have to admit I like the interior of the house better than the exterior, but I think the only reason is the roof. I can see the effect you're going for and I'm not sure you've pulled it off, but it's still very nice. If you ever want to re-visit it, I suggest revisiting the roof and use some non-traditional methods to make it look a little more "thatchy." That's not a word, but I hope you know what I mean. (and maybe bring the chimney out away from the wall :blush: )

On top of the excellent building skills, I think your photography is excellent as well. Great job telling the story. I hope you'll be doing more because it's very enjoyable. On a side note, I love the way the brown flower stems look, I wish LEGO would produce more of those. They are very hard to come by. :sceptic:

#10 Matn

Matn

• supermegaawesome

Member: 2084

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Very nice, it's really creative and beatiful. I like what you've done with this fairy tale. I'm looking forward to your other replica's of tales. Oh, and I did a post on my website this morning about this beatiful creation.  :thumbup:

#11 eti

eti

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hinckley, I see what you mean, I certainly agree on the chimney that should stand out. Actually I quite like traditional sloped roofs but I will try some less traditional the next time I need a little house.
BTW, the interior in the first pictures is not the same house... the first house only has a kitchen, two walls and a roof, so I could put in a lot of details. For granny's house I wanted an exterior and interior and I needed a lot of 'action shots' there, so that's why I didn't put much detail in the interior... in a house that size there's not much room for stuff and a too busy background would distract from the action.

Matn, well thanks!

And I'm happy to say it does work well to tell the story... I have told the fairy tale to my children (age 2½) with this series of pictures and they loved it!

#12 Zepher

Zepher

• I can't control my tongue

Member: 3241

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

This is really fantastic my friend!  I have to say, not only is the idea very good, the pictures and builds are also wonderful, and it tells the story lacking the words perfectly!  I can not tell you how happy this makes me.  I really have about zero complaints, so basically, please just make another one!

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users