Sign in to follow this  
SeaKing61

BR Class 08 Shunter

indexed.gif

A Class 08 Shunter operated by British Rail that I built using mainly bricks from the Hobby Train set. This is my first MOC based on a real train and I'm pretty pleased with it. I chose it cos it's pretty plain without the need for decals and because it looked like it would fit in well with my current trains.

class08-1.jpg

class08-5.jpg

The real deal

Another%20shot%20of%2003179%20in%20BR%20Black.jpg

Brickshelf folder

Thanks for looking,

Laurie

Edited by Hinckley

Very nice engine. :classic: Good portrayal of the rear thing. Is there any way you could add red down by the hitch and bumpers? It would help break up all the black as well as add realisim.

I was thinking of making a custom buffer and hitch, not sure if I could get the bumpers to scale though, they're bigger than 1 stud, but not as wide as 2 studs. There aren't any round pieces that I know of that fit that size. I'll have a go once I've finished my current MOCs

Laurie

A very neat little engine indeed, charming in size and simply sweet and original in shape! :classic:

Thanks Rick and Asuka. That's actually where I got the original idea from, Rick, then a little research to discover what sort of train Diesel was based on. I assure you my model is perfectly well behaved.

Laurie

Really? Does it tolerate corners? :tongue:

Diesel, and the locomotive he's based on, is such a unique and memorable shape. My only gripe with your MOC is the all-blackness of it - something I've told both Cale and Sava as well. Please break up the color with some red, because this MOC deserves better. Pleeeaaase!

It does tolerate corners, I've not had a derailment yet. I'm gonna add some red in the buffers and a dash on the side. I'm thinking about adding some yellow like this one too.

Class%2008.jpg

I'm just looking through trains on brickshelf to find some custom buffers. I'm not sure how to add the magnet.

Thanks,

Laurie

Very nice, though I have to admit it very bland. Hope the colour yourtrying to add to it works. :classic:

Wow! It looks great! It reminds me of the Dutch train called the ''Hippel''

I'm just looking through trains on brickshelf to find some custom buffers. I'm not sure how to add the magnet.

You could use this part:

2607.gif

Edited by Wouwie

I was gonna use that part in red with a red plate turned vertically but in the end it looks better using red bricks to build the buffer. It's still a WIP, I'm just about to order some more red bricks and some yellow and black 1x1s so that i can do the striping on the front

Laurie

Well here's the plan for the final adjustments, yellow striping on the front and maybe the back and custom red buffers. The buffers will be red 1x1 cylinders with black round 2x2 plates with rounded bottoms.

class08shunterldd.jpg

Not too sure about the striping at the back, don't like the windows in the way.

brclass08ldd2.jpg

I'm gonna order the bricks soon to finish it, it's half done at the moment, but ran out of 1x1 yellow n black plates.

Thanks for looking,

Laurie

Really? Does it tolerate corners? :tongue:

Diesel, and the locomotive he's based on, is such a unique and memorable shape. My only gripe with your MOC is the all-blackness of it - something I've told both Cale and Sava as well. Please break up the color with some red, because this MOC deserves better. Pleeeaaase!

I think black with red buffer beams is the original real colour scheme (around 1950). Yellow warning ends and other liveries came later.

Mark

Edited by Mark Bellis