Sign in to follow this  
General Armendariz

Vintage Minifigure Collection includes a pirate!

make sure to look at this thread and see that there a classic pirate in it

woo hoo! :pir-classic: But I wish it was one from the 1989 wave :pir-cry_sad: too bad. but the good thing is that it comes with a very rare pirate! :pir_laugh2:

Heres a pic:

vintagemf2.jpg

Enjoy! oh and thank you donneyboy! :pir-cry_happy:

I wonder how the other pirates feel about him walking around the ship with no shirt and a pink vest. :pir-tongue:

Well, I believe this one is pink and unique. The Redbeard Runner comes with two pirates with this torso, but then in purple.

I like them. :pir-blush:

Is that torso is exclusive? I have never seen it before.

Its a hard to find torso. 2 of these in a different color came in 6290 red beard runner

0_box.jpg

Sorry I could only find the legend red beard runner. :pir-blush:

heres a pic of the old anchor torso:

musket2.jpg

It is really a mystery how these minifigs are chosen for the vintage minifigure collections. Redbeard (or ironhook) would indeed be a much better choice.

While I do agree that a more notable figure might have been a better choice; I think this set, with a pirate and a ninja (do you think they chose those two for a specific reason? :pir_laugh2: ) sort of makes up for the first vintage collection, which seemed a bit disappointing.

Many would have expected to see a more famous and charismatic pirate brought back, such as Captain Redbeard/Roger.

Why, then, do we get a minifig that only appeared in 3 sets (6289 Red Beard Runner, 6281 Pirates' Perilous Pitfall, 6249 Pirates Ambush)?

The later pirates from the original line are more similar in design to the new ones, so this could be the reason. Or could The LEGO Group be closely monitoring AFOL demand trends? Of all the classic pirate torsos, the one bearing the anchor tattoo is the second most expensive, sometimes selling for as much as $12!

The Vintage Minifigure Collection is expected to retail for $17.99 in the USA, so this rare torso could stimulate a high demand for the set.

What do you think? Should Captain Roger/Redbeard, often used as the "flagship" minifigure for the LEGO Pirate line at Legoland parks and on official merchandise, have been brought back instead of the "anchor pirate"?

A pirate and a ninja (do you think they chose those two for a specific reason? :pir_laugh2:

:pir-grin:

The later pirates from the original line are more similar in design to the new ones, so this could be the reason. Or could The LEGO Group be closely monitoring AFOL demand trends? Of all the classic pirate torsos, the one bearing the anchor tattoo is the second most expensive, sometimes selling for as much as $12!

The Vintage Minifigure Collection is expected to retail for $17.99 in the USA, so this rare torso could stimulate a high demand for the set.

Bingo! No one would buy this set if it was made up of policemen, Timmy, and other such common, unpopular figures. The rare figures are being used to justify the high costs of the set. Cheesy (greedy) move by Lego.

Indeed, that one pirate is a bit diappointing (I was gunning for a vintage redcoat...) However, I shan't skip this one. :thumbup:

I'm ok with this pirate minifig as it as quite a rare fig after all. It only appears in the red beard runner i think. However I do have one complain, that is why is his vest pink? Weird color...

However I do have one complain, that is why is his vest pink? Weird color...

I wondered that too, but it seems to be the light and camera angle which makes it pink. It's purple.

I'm a bit disappointed with the pirate in this set. I think it should have been governor broadside or captain redbeard :pir-hmpf_bad:

I agree with governor Broadside but not with Captain Redbeard...

I think that from this mini-figure everyone of us has several...

But I respect your opinion and I can understand that you want this mini figure but Redbeard on BL isn't that expensive.The more so if you compare it with Governor Broadside and Admiral Starboard*.

If you now calculated that you pay 3,398euro (4.38212 USD) for 1 mini figurine in (Vol. 2). Then you better can order Redbeard with another BL order. For the prize of one Redbeard in Vol. 2 you have 2 on BL. Much cheaper if you ask me.

With the Pirate figure which is now in the collection you do profit if you compare it on BL. To understand that you also could do something with the other 4 figurines.

*= I just call him like this... :pir-wink:

I do hope that vest looks pink because of the lighting.

Personally I do not think so,... since we have 2 different pictures and on both they look pinkish of colour.

But I would not call it pink,... for my it has more the look of light redish brown.

Edited by Capt. Kirk

The color of that minifigure is off. I am very disappointed with that. If you look at the other minifigs you can see that none of them are big characters of their given theme, perhaps thats the reason lego used the low keyed character for the pirate theme.

The color of that minifigure is off. I am very disappointed with that. If you look at the other minifigs you can see that none of them are big characters of their given theme, perhaps thats the reason lego used the low keyed character for the pirate theme.

That low keyed character is very expensive if you ask me.

The price of 1 is almost half of the price for all 5.

- #pi012

- #pi013

That low keyed character is very expensive if you ask me.

The price of 1 is almost half of the price for all 5.

- #pi012

- #pi013

True, very trure, just way too expensive IMHO

I just got this set from SAH, and I can confirm that the pirate's vest is pink. The colors in the SAH picture seem pretty close to the actual figs to me.

There's nothing wrong with having an old-style pirate minifig with new, slightly different colours if you ask me. It adds diversity to your collection. I'm not complaining. And I think they made a good choice with that minifig as it was pretty rare.

There's nothing wrong with having an old-style pirate minifig with new, slightly different colours if you ask me. It adds diversity to your collection. I'm not complaining. And I think they made a good choice with that minifig as it was pretty rare.

Yeah it is a good choice (if it was a consious choice, which I doubt), that way people who have the actual minifig wouldn't complain the value of theirs dropped (well, with the price of these vintage minifig collections that wouldn't really be much of an issue) +they might even buy it for more variety. The ninja-wrap seems to be of a weird material/colour as well, but I don't have any ninja-wraps, so I don't know if it is supposed to be like that.

Like with the legend rerelease of some sets, I think it would have been better if they where slightly different from the original, not as much as 6090 and 10176, but still slighly different, that way people who allready have the original set will be more likely to buy it imho.

make sure to look at this thread and see that there a classic pirate in it

woo hoo! :pir-classic: But I wish it was one from the 1989 wave :pir-cry_sad: too bad. but the good thing is that it comes with a very rare pirate! :pir_laugh2:

Heres a pic:

vintagemf2.jpg

Enjoy! oh and thank you donneyboy! :pir-cry_happy:

You can now get them in the Lego store!!!!!! :pir-cry_happy::pir-classic::pir-blush::pir_laugh2:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...2535&cn=115