Lego superhero comic

8 replies to this topic

#1 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:56 AM

Hey everyone,

The next chapter of the Unlikely Society is finally finished and posted. I think this is where I put in my standard disclamer about "sorry it took me so long," and "I've been really busy," and so forth.

This time our heroes are up against a new foe: Boombox! He's got a sonic disrupter and questionable taste in music. He's rockin' all your favorite '80's hair bands.

Posted Image

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

-Joebot

#2 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Kills for Cash?

Member: 486

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

Great work Joebot! I'm glad to see another chapter in the Unlikely Society story. I'm really starting to get used to the new characters and like them. Smooth storytelling and great new Fluxington MOCs too! :sweet:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#3 pr0visorak

pr0visorak

• Silvery Provo

Member: 3570

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:03 AM

View PostHinckley, on Feb 3 2009, 01:27 PM, said:

Great work Joebot! I'm glad to see another chapter in the Unlikely Society story. I'm really starting to get used to the new characters and like them. Smooth storytelling and great new Fluxington MOCs too! :sweet:
If the whacker says its good than it most likely will be! Time to read! :classic:
2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#4 Bob

Bob

• Existential Iffy-ness

Member: 3487

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

Great and funny comic!

The town of Fluxington never ceases to amaze me...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Click the Spock to see the guided tour through Lexington, my city.
Fleet Admiral Bob from Excalibur TNG: Mafia School!

Boris Benson in Jamesn's Red Menace Mafia!

Brickshelf

#5 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:23 AM

I like this guy. :grin:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Jlblue

Jlblue

Member: 4483

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:02 AM

Okay, questionable taste in music? Let's be honest here, all of those songs are awesome. Yeah, you can go around saying you're too cool for hair metal, but we all like it deep down inside. Also, I should point out that neither AC/DC nor Guns n' Roses actually qualify as hair metal. Just my two cents as a music fan.

Other than that, way to go. But I still want to know when you're going to bring back Pepperonous.

#7 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

View PostJlblue, on Feb 3 2009, 07:02 PM, said:

Okay, questionable taste in music? Let's be honest here, all of those songs are awesome. Yeah, you can go around saying you're too cool for hair metal, but we all like it deep down inside. Also, I should point out that neither AC/DC nor Guns n' Roses actually qualify as hair metal. Just my two cents as a music fan.

Other than that, way to go. But I still want to know when you're going to bring back Pepperonous.

You are preaching to the choir!! My iPod has an embarrassing amount of heavy metal on it -- Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Britny Fox, Warrant, Poison, etc. I love all that stuff. I grew up listening to it, and -- much like with Legos themselves -- never seemed to outgrow it. The Boombox character is very much tongue-in-cheek, and not meant to be a serious criticism of heavy metal. So, lift your goblet of RAWK!!

And yeah, that's true about AC/DC and GnR. But I love those bands, and couldn't resist including them. Led Zeppelin will pop up in the next issue, and they're DEFINITELY not a "hair band. "

Thanks for reading, everyone!!

#8 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

Simply a brilliant and hilarious new chapter of your great comics series. Boombox already looks like an all-time favorite villain to me.  :thumbup:

#9 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

I, as always, really like it!  I hope that the new team-mate is cool!

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users