Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Murder in Whitechapel

Neat idea and a cool scene. The Ripper figure is very nice, though I would suggest giving him a briefcase, for carrying around his other knives and victims' organs.

Nicely done. Very grim and simply put. Great use of the little red snake in this MOC. The contrast of the silver knife and red parts with the predominantly black MOC make it pretty eye catching.

Ooh, dramatic and elegant! Very stylish use of only few colors, it's really effective.

A very cruel scène. :skull:

The lantern comes out very well and I like the murderer too.

You've used a lot of black and it takes this to a higher level. It fits in here really good. :thumbup:

Love it! I'm planning to steal that cape/scarf technique (why haven't I seen that done before?).

While I was taking in all of the details, the bricks and fog and gaslight began to form in my head, resulting in this...

ripper.jpg

(who knew I had a brain-to-image converter?)

Great job! :thumbup:

While I was taking in all of the details, the bricks and fog and gaslight began to form in my head, resulting in this...

That was my thought as well, might be cool to add a little led light in the lantern and take pictures in the dark. :sweet:

But even without that, it is a well done scene! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback eveyone. :sweet:

Neat idea and a cool scene. The Ripper figure is very nice, though I would suggest giving him a briefcase, for carrying around his other knives and victims' organs.

Thanks. I considered adding a briefcase, but couldn't seem to find a black one anywhere and I figured the scene would look more dramatic without one anyway.

Love it! I'm planning to steal that cape/scarf technique (why haven't I seen that done before?).

(who knew I had a brain-to-image converter?)

Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks! The image looks great! :wub:

That was my thought as well, might be cool to add a little led light in the lantern and take pictures in the dark. :sweet:

But even without that, it is a well done scene! :thumbup:

Thanks. I've been planning to do the exact thing tonight. Unfortunately the lego lights are too bulky to put into the light so I'll most likely hold it above the lamp via a trans-clear beam.

Thanks again everyone. :sweet:

This is very nice TPRU. I had thought it would look even better with a digital background and I scroll down to see IS had done it before I could suggest it.

Magnificent.

Cheers on a great scene. :thumbup:

I've got around to taking some night photos. Not quite as good as I'd hoped, but I'm happy with them:

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

I'm particularly pleased with these two:

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

Enjoy! Feedback appreciated. :sweet:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

IMG_1816.jpg

My favourite, by far. I picture the light area being cobblestone road and off in the distance, a bobby blows his whistle and shines his lantern in the direction of the commotion down the street, but all he sees are moving shadows.

Good stuff! I can see where this concept could be very useful for a certain mafia experience. :thumbup:

Shot on playing the dead woman... oh...

I like the one that Ritz mentioned, and the last one. The silloutte (spelling?) effect is very cool!