28 replies to this topic  – Started by I Scream Clone , Jan 11 2009 02:53 AM

#1 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone
  • Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

Posted Image Vig. 53b
Eldorado Fortress MOC

Some older pirate fans may remember 6276 Eldorado Fortress from the original Pirate line. Well I never had the chance to own it so I made my own.

Here is the original for comparison.

Posted Image

Now my version.
With a fully functioning crane, loads of firepower, a storage pit and jail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed this.
More pics can be found at Flickr and Brickshelf (when moderated)
Here's a couple if you want more now  :pir_laugh2: 1, 2

Edited by SlyOwl, 15 November 2009 - 09:49 PM.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#2 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life

Member: 2630

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

Nice work ISC!

I like how you included the basic design elements of the original, while incorporating some more modern touches like the SNOT water and tan.

Great MOC.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#3 kill will

kill will

Member: 2273

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

Pretty true to the original, other than it has SNOT water and no ugly baseplate. In other words, I actually like it.  :thumbup:

EDIT: I just noticed the penguin. Nice touch!

Edited by kill will, 11 January 2009 - 03:11 AM.

A winrar is you!

#4 SWMAN

SWMAN

Member: 859

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:41 AM

Wow. That is very impressive. I love the detail.
Chuck Norris doesn't hate the world. He just hates everyone in it.

#5 Lego12

Lego12
  • Kill'n George

Member: 3422

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:12 AM

Very, very impressive. I have to ask, how did you aquire so many lego pieces? I could never buuld that with the lego pieces I have now. I only have 10 dark gray and gray pieces.
"One without strength is one without purpose."

"You never know, until you know."

-Lego12

#6 Zepher

Zepher
  • Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

Can't say I like the tan stair well on the right of the docks, but over all this is great!  I love the way you handled the ramp, and introduced so many nice new features, while still staying true to the orginal!

Edited by Zepher, 11 January 2009 - 04:19 AM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#7 Thrash

Thrash
  • BrickWarriors Creator

Member: 398

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:33 AM

Definitely better than the original!  Oddly enough, the back end of the boat being lower in the water than the front end, although a very small detail, is my favorite part of the whole thing.

Now that you're done with this project, you have no excuses to not get the Dwarf Embassy and Wizard's Guild done!  :pir-classic:

~Thrash

Posted Image

#8 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

Thank you all for the nice comments  :pir-blush: I was inspired by the Lagoon Lockup remake a while back, and decided this was a set that needed an overhaul!

View PostLego12, on Jan 11 2009, 03:12 PM, said:

Very, very impressive. I have to ask, how did you aquire so many lego pieces? I could never buuld that with the lego pieces I have now. I only have 10 dark gray and gray pieces.

Bricklink is my friend, and can be yours too  :pir_laugh2:

Edited by I Scream Clone, 11 January 2009 - 06:24 AM.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

#9 General Armendariz

General Armendariz
  • I invoke upon thee...the Curse of the Merman-General!

Member: 4056

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:31 AM

Oh my God! thats the best fortress i've ever seen! I love it! :pir-wub:

#10 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor
  • Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

I like it! It would be so cool if TLC released such sets...
I like it you replaced old pieces with new bricks. That's why the fortress looks so great now.

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

#11 Zorbas

Zorbas
  • Tough on stains!

Member: 4609

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

Very impressive MOC I Scream Clone!
The SNOT sea really does the job with how you have manage to put the lights for photographing! It reflects like real water. :thumbup:
I  :pir-wub: the way the boat's stern is in the water. Very clever thought considering the chest .(Those diamonds, sure are heavy!)
The entrance is also great! These doors fit very well for a fortress.

(oh, and you should call this guy Posted Image to fix the popping stones on the entrance ramp.You don't want someone get injured do you? :pir_laugh2: )
Posted Image
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image

#12 Lego12

Lego12
  • Kill'n George

Member: 3422

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

View PostI Scream Clone, on Jan 11 2009, 01:23 AM, said:

Thank you all for the nice comments  :pir-blush: I was inspired by the Lagoon Lockup remake a while back, and decided this was a set that needed an overhaul!

Bricklink is my friend, and can be yours too  :pir_laugh2:
I understand..... *Goes to bricklink*  :pir-laugh:

Nice MOC, although I would never imagine TLC releasing this. They don't have as good techniques as we AFOLS do....its a real shame......

Edited by Lego12, 11 January 2009 - 02:41 PM.

"One without strength is one without purpose."

"You never know, until you know."

-Lego12

#13 Al7

Al7

Member: 4842

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

I love it, it is beautiful its a version of the real one.  :pir-wub:
OLD MEMORIES TO HAVE SOME FUN

#14 Thee Pirate

Thee Pirate

Member: 1026

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

Holy cow!! That's a kick a idea! I effing love it
All time favorite: the original Imperial Flagship
Modern favorite: Race for the Stolen Treasure (X5 and counting)

Set list on Brickset
flickr

#15 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thanks again for all the nice comments!

View PostCap'n Blackmoor, on Jan 11 2009, 11:14 PM, said:

I like it! It would be so cool if TLC released such sets...
I like it you replaced old pieces with new bricks. That's why the fortress looks so great now.
Well with the piece count it may be a tad expensive, but thats waht dreams are for  :pir_laugh2:

View PostZorbas, on Jan 12 2009, 01:09 AM, said:

Very impressive MOC I Scream Clone!
The SNOT sea really does the job with how you have manage to put the lights for photographing! It reflects like real water. :thumbup:
I  :pir-wub: the way the boat's stern is in the water. Very clever thought considering the chest .(Those diamonds, sure are heavy!)
The entrance is also great! These doors fit very well for a fortress.

(oh, and you should call this guy Posted Image to fix the popping stones on the entrance ramp.You don't want someone get injured do you? :pir_laugh2: )
LOL, thanks for the comments and linking my review to the MOC was tops :thumbup:

#16 Ratshot

Ratshot
  • Thank you for your contributions!

Member: 4799

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

This is super :thumbup:
The only thing is I dont really like the color of it in general,but is more of a personal perferance.

My flickr

Posted Image
1969 Dodge Charger RT

#17 Admiral Blockbeard

Admiral Blockbeard
  • Cat Lover

Member: 2872

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

ISC. This is a great creation, but are you sure you were not inspired the least by my ITP remix on LDD? :pir-cry_sad:

Nah, great work I love the techniques used and the over all feel of it is just Eldorado. However it has a more mature and realistic look to it. If you can manage hold onto it until you get the new soldiers modular fort. I would love seeing them together.

My only critisim is the round tan stairs, something needs to change there, it IMO lets the MOC down. Perhaps start raising the wooden platform with steps then carve out the stone? That is only my opinon however.

Great creation something I wish I could do!

Regards Cpt. PB

Posted Image

#18 Svelte

Svelte
  • We miss you Schmelt!

Member: 1768

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

I disagree with the stair naysayers; I like the whimsical curve as they climb up the mountain. It's a secondary, hastily-constructed method of accessing the fort so fits in thematically. I also think with such a SNOTty creation it adds a little spice to the mix to throw in some basic studwork. Studs = love, people! You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for studs!

You've managed to make this Eldorado update look modern (tan/ white instead of yellow/ white) and classic at the same time. Much better than the new Fort. Now I want one  :pir_bawling:  :pir_laugh2:

#19 Al7

Al7

Member: 4842

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:54 AM

Once again i wanna say that this is a great version wow i love it  :pir-wub:
OLD MEMORIES TO HAVE SOME FUN

#20 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

Thanks again for all the cool comments and constructive thoughts

View PostCpt. Pegleg Blockbeard, on Jan 12 2009, 03:24 PM, said:

ISC. This is a great creation, but are you sure you were not inspired the least by my ITP remix on LDD? :pir-cry_sad:

Nah, great work I love the techniques used and the over all feel of it is just Eldorado. However it has a more mature and realistic look to it. If you can manage hold onto it until you get the new soldiers modular fort. I would love seeing them together.

My only critisim is the round tan stairs, something needs to change there, it IMO lets the MOC down. Perhaps start raising the wooden platform with steps then carve out the stone? That is only my opinon however.

Great creation something I wish I could do!

Regards Cpt. PB
Thanks mate, I went searching for the ITP on LDD but can't find anything, care to flick me some more details so I can search for it?
I had to look up ITP to see what set it was, as im a bit of a rookie pirate, but it looks cool (not as cool as EFort IMHO, but still cool)

Im not sure how long it will stay built, or how long it will take Pirates to hit Aussie shores too, but I have another idea for a harbour scene, kind of like ITP that I may try out when the new sets arrive.

View Postsvelte_corps, on Jan 12 2009, 03:48 PM, said:

I disagree with the stair naysayers; I like the whimsical curve as they climb up the mountain. It's a secondary, hastily-constructed method of accessing the fort so fits in thematically. I also think with such a SNOTty creation it adds a little spice to the mix to throw in some basic studwork. Studs = love, people! You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for studs!
Spoken like a true fan of studs! Yes you are correct in the hastily constructed ramshackle nature of the MOC. They are quite rickety and would be a slow way to invade the fort, giving the Soldiers the upper hand.

View Postsvelte_corps, on Jan 12 2009, 03:48 PM, said:

You've managed to make this Eldorado update look modern (tan/ white instead of yellow/ white) and classic at the same time. Much better than the new Fort. Now I want one  :pir_bawling:  :pir_laugh2:
rubs hands together and puts on his best Mr Burns "eeeeexxxxcccceeeeeelllllent!" another customer. :pir_laugh2:

#21 legotrainfan

legotrainfan

Member: 2562

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Very ingenious to create such a MOC of the Eldorado Fortress. I particularly like your version of the baseplate. And I like the colour scheme as well.
[...]
I have spread my dreams under your feet.
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Raven Brickroft

Raven Brickroft

Member: 4193

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

Great MOC

I miss my Eldorado. It was the largest of my Pirate sets (I never got a pirate ship ^^;;)

The small stairs in the docks, I'd imagine it to be very fragile. Why not make it sturdier?  :pir-classic:

Posted Image

Raven Ashcroft, 18 years old male human Rogue

Level 2
Power: 8 (2+6)
Health: 8/8 (7+1)
Gold: 10Equipment: Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, hollow)
Inventory: Main Gauche (WP: 3), Wrench (WP:3, target’s level -1, throwing weapon), Potion, Water Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Venom, Deadly Venom

#23 Teddy

Teddy
  • Soft Spot

Member: 1646

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Dear I Scream Clone,

it must have taken a lot of effort to make such a good quality MOC of such a classic as the Eldorado-fortress.  :thumbup:
The color scheme is verry nice and the rock base is amazing. I like the tan/white scheme of the new pirate sets a lot better than the yellow/white of the origional.
If I would have to say one thing I'm not really font of in your MOC, it is the open side wall of the crane tower.
I agree with other posters, that your MOC will look great with the new soldier's fort 6242.
The style of your building is indeed more in the style of the Imperial trading post 6277.
Which, if you would MOC that set as well, makes them fit togheter better than the original two did.
That said, personally I really liked all the small arches of the original.  :pir-wub:
Keep up the good work.  
Kind regards,

Teddy

#24 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:22 AM

View Postlegotrainfan, on Jan 12 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

Very ingenious to create such a MOC of the Eldorado Fortress. I particularly like your version of the baseplate. And I like the colour scheme as well.
The baseplate was a lot of fun building, and one of the main reasons for building this was to use tan and white for a Redcoat base, so thanks for the nice comments.

View PostRaven Brickroft, on Jan 12 2009, 09:32 PM, said:

Great MOC

I miss my Eldorado. It was the largest of my Pirate sets (I never got a pirate ship ^^;;)

The small stairs in the docks, I'd imagine it to be very fragile. Why not make it sturdier?  :pir-classic:
I may try a curved staircase, similar to one I have seen Slyowl build using 1 x 4 brown tiles.

View PostTeddy, on Jan 13 2009, 05:21 AM, said:

Dear I Scream Clone,

it must have taken a lot of effort to make such a good quality MOC of such a classic as the Eldorado-fortress.  :thumbup:
The color scheme is verry nice and the rock base is amazing. I like the tan/white scheme of the new pirate sets a lot better than the yellow/white of the origional.
If I would have to say one thing I'm not really font of in your MOC, it is the open side wall of the crane tower.
I agree with other posters, that your MOC will look great with the new soldier's fort 6242.
The style of your building is indeed more in the style of the Imperial trading post 6277.
Which, if you would MOC that set as well, makes them fit togheter better than the original two did.
That said, personally I really liked all the small arches of the original.  :pir-wub:
Keep up the good work.  
Kind regards,

Teddy
It may not be built for long with all the EBCCB modules I wish to build (see sig below) but I will have a crack at the ITP sometime soon.

Thanks Teddy

#25 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life

Member: 2630

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

ISC, you have to honor of being the first thing I've blogged on Classic-Pirates, congratulations! :pir-classic:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links