I Scream Clone

6276: My Eldorado Fortress

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 53b

Eldorado Fortress MOC

Some older pirate fans may remember 6276 Eldorado Fortress from the original Pirate line. Well I never had the chance to own it so I made my own.

Here is the original for comparison.

6276-1.jpg

Now my version.

With a fully functioning crane, loads of firepower, a storage pit and jail.

006.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

014.jpg

007.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this.

More pics can be found at Flickr and Brickshelf (when moderated)

Here's a couple if you want more now :pir_laugh2:1, 2

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice work ISC!

I like how you included the basic design elements of the original, while incorporating some more modern touches like the SNOT water and tan.

Great MOC.

Pretty true to the original, other than it has SNOT water and no ugly baseplate. In other words, I actually like it. :thumbup:

EDIT: I just noticed the penguin. Nice touch!

Edited by kill will

Very, very impressive. I have to ask, how did you aquire so many lego pieces? I could never buuld that with the lego pieces I have now. I only have 10 dark gray and gray pieces.

Can't say I like the tan stair well on the right of the docks, but over all this is great! I love the way you handled the ramp, and introduced so many nice new features, while still staying true to the orginal!

Edited by Zepher

Definitely better than the original! Oddly enough, the back end of the boat being lower in the water than the front end, although a very small detail, is my favorite part of the whole thing.

Now that you're done with this project, you have no excuses to not get the Dwarf Embassy and Wizard's Guild done! :pir-classic:

~Thrash

Thank you all for the nice comments :pir-blush: I was inspired by the Lagoon Lockup remake a while back, and decided this was a set that needed an overhaul!

Very, very impressive. I have to ask, how did you aquire so many lego pieces? I could never buuld that with the lego pieces I have now. I only have 10 dark gray and gray pieces.

Bricklink is my friend, and can be yours too :pir_laugh2:

Edited by I Scream Clone

I like it! It would be so cool if TLC released such sets...

I like it you replaced old pieces with new bricks. That's why the fortress looks so great now.

Very impressive MOC I Scream Clone!

The SNOT sea really does the job with how you have manage to put the lights for photographing! It reflects like real water. :thumbup:

I :pir-wub: the way the boat's stern is in the water. Very clever thought considering the chest .(Those diamonds, sure are heavy!)

The entrance is also great! These doors fit very well for a fortress.

(oh, and you should call this guy tn_5610-1_jpg.jpg to fix the popping stones on the entrance ramp.You don't want someone get injured do you? :pir_laugh2: )

Thank you all for the nice comments :pir-blush: I was inspired by the Lagoon Lockup remake a while back, and decided this was a set that needed an overhaul!

Bricklink is my friend, and can be yours too :pir_laugh2:

I understand..... *Goes to bricklink* :pir-laugh:

Nice MOC, although I would never imagine TLC releasing this. They don't have as good techniques as we AFOLS do....its a real shame......

Edited by Lego12

I love it, it is beautiful its a version of the real one. :pir-wub:

Thanks again for all the nice comments!

I like it! It would be so cool if TLC released such sets...

I like it you replaced old pieces with new bricks. That's why the fortress looks so great now.

Well with the piece count it may be a tad expensive, but thats waht dreams are for :pir_laugh2:

Very impressive MOC I Scream Clone!

The SNOT sea really does the job with how you have manage to put the lights for photographing! It reflects like real water. :thumbup:

I :pir-wub: the way the boat's stern is in the water. Very clever thought considering the chest .(Those diamonds, sure are heavy!)

The entrance is also great! These doors fit very well for a fortress.

(oh, and you should call this guy tn_5610-1_jpg.jpg to fix the popping stones on the entrance ramp.You don't want someone get injured do you? :pir_laugh2: )

LOL, thanks for the comments and linking my review to the MOC was tops :thumbup:

This is super :thumbup:

The only thing is I dont really like the color of it in general,but is more of a personal perferance.

ISC. This is a great creation, but are you sure you were not inspired the least by my ITP remix on LDD? :pir-cry_sad:

Nah, great work I love the techniques used and the over all feel of it is just Eldorado. However it has a more mature and realistic look to it. If you can manage hold onto it until you get the new soldiers modular fort. I would love seeing them together.

My only critisim is the round tan stairs, something needs to change there, it IMO lets the MOC down. Perhaps start raising the wooden platform with steps then carve out the stone? That is only my opinon however.

Great creation something I wish I could do!

Regards Cpt. PB

I disagree with the stair naysayers; I like the whimsical curve as they climb up the mountain. It's a secondary, hastily-constructed method of accessing the fort so fits in thematically. I also think with such a SNOTty creation it adds a little spice to the mix to throw in some basic studwork. Studs = love, people! You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for studs!

You've managed to make this Eldorado update look modern (tan/ white instead of yellow/ white) and classic at the same time. Much better than the new Fort. Now I want one :pir_bawling::pir_laugh2:

Once again i wanna say that this is a great version wow i love it :pir-wub:

Thanks again for all the cool comments and constructive thoughts

ISC. This is a great creation, but are you sure you were not inspired the least by my ITP remix on LDD? :pir-cry_sad:

Nah, great work I love the techniques used and the over all feel of it is just Eldorado. However it has a more mature and realistic look to it. If you can manage hold onto it until you get the new soldiers modular fort. I would love seeing them together.

My only critisim is the round tan stairs, something needs to change there, it IMO lets the MOC down. Perhaps start raising the wooden platform with steps then carve out the stone? That is only my opinon however.

Great creation something I wish I could do!

Regards Cpt. PB

Thanks mate, I went searching for the ITP on LDD but can't find anything, care to flick me some more details so I can search for it?

I had to look up ITP to see what set it was, as im a bit of a rookie pirate, but it looks cool (not as cool as EFort IMHO, but still cool)

Im not sure how long it will stay built, or how long it will take Pirates to hit Aussie shores too, but I have another idea for a harbour scene, kind of like ITP that I may try out when the new sets arrive.

I disagree with the stair naysayers; I like the whimsical curve as they climb up the mountain. It's a secondary, hastily-constructed method of accessing the fort so fits in thematically. I also think with such a SNOTty creation it adds a little spice to the mix to throw in some basic studwork. Studs = love, people! You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for studs!

Spoken like a true fan of studs! Yes you are correct in the hastily constructed ramshackle nature of the MOC. They are quite rickety and would be a slow way to invade the fort, giving the Soldiers the upper hand.

You've managed to make this Eldorado update look modern (tan/ white instead of yellow/ white) and classic at the same time. Much better than the new Fort. Now I want one :pir_bawling::pir_laugh2:

rubs hands together and puts on his best Mr Burns "eeeeexxxxcccceeeeeelllllent!" another customer. :pir_laugh2:

Very ingenious to create such a MOC of the Eldorado Fortress. I particularly like your version of the baseplate. And I like the colour scheme as well.

Great MOC

I miss my Eldorado. It was the largest of my Pirate sets (I never got a pirate ship ^^;;)

The small stairs in the docks, I'd imagine it to be very fragile. Why not make it sturdier? :pir-classic:

Dear I Scream Clone,

it must have taken a lot of effort to make such a good quality MOC of such a classic as the Eldorado-fortress. :thumbup:

The color scheme is verry nice and the rock base is amazing. I like the tan/white scheme of the new pirate sets a lot better than the yellow/white of the origional.

If I would have to say one thing I'm not really font of in your MOC, it is the open side wall of the crane tower.

I agree with other posters, that your MOC will look great with the new soldier's fort 6242.

The style of your building is indeed more in the style of the Imperial trading post 6277.

Which, if you would MOC that set as well, makes them fit togheter better than the original two did.

That said, personally I really liked all the small arches of the original. :pir-wub:

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Very ingenious to create such a MOC of the Eldorado Fortress. I particularly like your version of the baseplate. And I like the colour scheme as well.

The baseplate was a lot of fun building, and one of the main reasons for building this was to use tan and white for a Redcoat base, so thanks for the nice comments.

Great MOC

I miss my Eldorado. It was the largest of my Pirate sets (I never got a pirate ship ^^;;)

The small stairs in the docks, I'd imagine it to be very fragile. Why not make it sturdier? :pir-classic:

I may try a curved staircase, similar to one I have seen Slyowl build using 1 x 4 brown tiles.

Dear I Scream Clone,

it must have taken a lot of effort to make such a good quality MOC of such a classic as the Eldorado-fortress. :thumbup:

The color scheme is verry nice and the rock base is amazing. I like the tan/white scheme of the new pirate sets a lot better than the yellow/white of the origional.

If I would have to say one thing I'm not really font of in your MOC, it is the open side wall of the crane tower.

I agree with other posters, that your MOC will look great with the new soldier's fort 6242.

The style of your building is indeed more in the style of the Imperial trading post 6277.

Which, if you would MOC that set as well, makes them fit togheter better than the original two did.

That said, personally I really liked all the small arches of the original. :pir-wub:

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Teddy

It may not be built for long with all the EBCCB modules I wish to build (see sig below) but I will have a crack at the ITP sometime soon.

Thanks Teddy

ISC, you have to honor of being the first thing I've blogged on Classic-Pirates, congratulations! :pir-classic: