The New LEGO.com Pirates Page  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• Great!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Kind of Average.
    • Not Very Good.
    • Terrible!

I've been checking out the Lego SAH web site for some time waiting for their official Pirate site. It's definately not up yet.

In the most recent Brickmaster magazine (Jan-Feb); however, there's a full page ad that says "Set Sail for Adventure"...

Pirates.Lego.Com

I'm interested in seeing their new site, the names of the pirates, etc.

Check the link periodically. It should be up soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!!!

As we've been discussing around the forum, the official 2009 Pirate line has been launched and now LEGO.com has opened the brand new page featuring it here.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to find it includes all the usual things you've come to expect: a product lineup, downloads including a poster, wallpaper, a screen saver and comics! Surpringly, it also includes a poll (it's a strange one, but amusing).

So, what do you think? How would you rate the new LEGO Pirates product page? Please be sure to vote and then explain your answer, pointing out the things you love, the things you hate, and the things you wish were there. We'd appreciate the input, and I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO would be interested as well.

Happy Sailing! :jollyroger:

This should be interesting - I'd love all the extra information I can get. It's like going into childhood again

I'll be watching that link very closely, it could prove to be of great value for us. I always liked to know more about the background of the old pirates so it should be the same with the new pirates line!

I think this would be interesting. To see some stories or new information about pirates is always interesting.

I hope this site will be in the air soon.

It should be. it is in the lego catologue too. but has anyone even gotten it yet? its only new years day!

Exciting news. Can't wait to learn more about the Pirates theme. :pir-wub:

Edited by NewRight

Well, the Power Miners site is already up. Which is a surprise that the Pirates site isn't up yet. But that might be a sign that they are putting some effort into the site, with some nice bios of the pirates, soldiers, and some fun other stuff. I'm sure it will be up within the next few days if not maybe hours.

It should be. it is in the lego catologue too. but has anyone even gotten it yet? its only new years day!

I received my Lego SAH Catalogue (US) and Brickmaster magazine yesterday. The one page ad is not in it. (unless you mean the Web Site link - which I don't see).

hey is it possible u ould scan that one page and post it here? or is that against the rules?

Sure - I don't have a scanner though, but here's a picture:

ad.jpg

I was just checking lego.com today and noticed the new Icon is up for the pirate product page, the page is not up yes but it will probably be soon.

Edit Bonaparte: Adding a picture of the 'icon' under discussion.

icon.jpg

I was just checking lego.com today and noticed the new Icon is up for the pirate product page, the page is not up yes but it will probably be soon.

No products icon visible for the Netherlands yet. If I cllick on the shop button the page gets an error. I think they are busy with it. :pir-blush:

I also saw the UK has it already but like you said it's not up yet.

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

No products icon visible for the Netherlands yet. If I cllick on the shop button the page gets an error. I think they are busy with it. :pir-blush:

I also saw the UK has it already but like you said it's not up yet.

If you take the usa-pirate-icon... its the same problem.

Wow. You would think it would be higher up on the page, considering it is one of the two new themes of 2009...

Wow. You would think it would be higher up on the page, considering it is one of the two new themes of 2009...

True, but it's only an icon right now they'll probably move it up once the site is actually online :pir-wink: . I wonder if they'll put any games up on it once it goes live.

As we've been discussing around the forum, the official 2009 Pirate line has been launched and now LEGO.com has opened the brand new page featuring it here.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to find it includes all the usual things you've come to expect: a product lineup, downloads including a poster, wallpaper, a screen saver and comics! Surpringly, it also includes a poll (it's a strange one, but amusing).

So, what do you think? How would you rate the new LEGO Pirates product page? Please be sure to vote and then explain your answer, pointing out the things you love, the things you hate, and the things you wish were there. We'd appreciate the input, and I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO would be interested as well.

Happy Sailing! :jollyroger:

It's great how it looks absolutely nothing like ours! If they went for a parchment over a sea background it might be too similiar.

It's great how it looks absolutely nothing like ours! If they went for a parchment over a sea background it might be too similiar.

Uh huh, that was the first thing I thought too. :imperialguard_commander1:

Then I noticed that they have a shark, so it's completely different. :pir_laugh2:

Pretty Good! ...Where's the preview section for future pirate sets?

I really love the pirates theme! Hurry the new stuff along! :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

Well I think it is average, but they need to add more content (the gallery is still empty and such).

But it is a good start. (but Classic-Pirates is better anyway :pir-grin: )

They should make something more historic-accurate too i think. for children it doesn't matter but for a lot of people on this site it would be nice if they would also make a more advanced ship with parts that are really useful. But this is still better than nothing ofcourse:)