Figs: 6

Extras: Runway Tractor and Trolley

Price: $49.99 USD

7683 Fight of the Flying Wing

Piece Count: 376

Figs: 4

Extras: Tanker/Fuel Truck and Hidden Cargo

Price: $49.99 USD

The second Indiana Jones Face-Off is two great planes, Panagra Airways Aircraft and the Flying Wing. This one is a tough one for me, but I must say that I love the new Flying Wing. It inspired me to reassemble my desert sets as part of a Desert Adventure. I'm still deciding which set I like better, but let's see what you other Indiana Jones fan think of these two great sets.

Value wise i'd have to say Peril in Peru. Your defenatly get more for your money, and the building experiance seems that it would be better since the plane is predomantly brick built. But there's somthing about the flying wing that draws me. I love military mocs and that Wing is exellent. Really is a thing of beauty.

If the wings of the Flying Wing were brick built and up to the level of detail of the Peru set, then it would be the clear winner. As it is Peril in Peru takes the prize. Yes, the figs are boring but really the only new part of the Flying Wing is the mechanic and even so people are getting heads printed with grey moustache rather than the advertised brown. Peril in Peru's little jeep and the loading stairs are also probably more interesting than the fuel truck.

That said, there is something very appealing about the shape and design of the Flying Wing - it's just a little too simplistic as a build to win over the more complex Peril in Peru craft.

In my opinion, Peril in Peru is easily the best-looking Lego plane that is all brick-built, and that beats big molded pieces any day. I find that it's much more impressive and satisfying to see a greater amount of smaller parts come together than fewer, bigger ones. :sweet:

Neither. Sorry. I would be going for Peril in Peru, but since its price is still 75Euro here! I cannot shall not!

I doubt I would buy the Flying Wing, though 'tis a great scene.

I vote for...PERIL IN PERU!

Because this set have much more positives against the Flying-Wing:

-More pieces for an better price

-More minifigures

-More extras, like 2 mini-cars and boxes and much more...

Greetings 'Bricks'

I think from the value perspective, Peril in Peru is definately the better deal. But what about "the coolness factor"? The Flying Wing is pretty slick. It's also a creation that you can add some custom decals/stickers to (kinda like old airplane models).

I would say Peril in Peru due to piece count and how the plane is brick built, but the flying wing is a set I would much prefer and I have just bought it.

The Flying Wing is from a better movie, a better scene and there is more nostaliga involved but Peril in Peru is a far better set.

More Bricks, more Figs, better build. All in all a better value.

Edited by Omega 8

Flying Wing for me!

Peril in Peru wasn't even in the movie, the plane just made a quick apperance in the trademarked (Well, I don't know if thats the word) flight scenes.

Both are great sets, but I'm definitely going to have to go with Peril in Peru. Seeing the picture of this set again reminds me that it is still on the top of my list, for many reasons. First, the plane itself is spectacular, and no <insert that tiresome argument> tail, nose, or wing parts. The two other vehicles are something extra that Lego decided to throw in, and the minifigs and accessories are great. Overall, this is a set that Lego seemed to go all out on, and it's only 50 USD. I just hope my TRU still has them in stock...

The Flying Wing, on the other hand, doesn't offer as much for the same price. The only interesting figure is the German mechanic, although the RotLA Marion fig was only in one other set so far. The Wing uses that giant wing piece, which will never really have a use besides being a pair of wings. The camouflage-printed cockpit piece is a plus, though, and maybe it could be used for a green JSF. The oil tanker is nice, but it looked much better in the preliminary pics.

So, both are cool sets, but Peril in Peru gives you much more for the same price. Both will make wonderful additions to my setup. :thumbup:

BOth definitely great sets, but Peril in Peru has more detail, and the ship is more than 5 pieces! (No offens, but I like my sets to have thousands of pieces. :tongue: )

Hmmm... Tough choice, especially since I don't own either! :laugh:

When you look at the minifig and piece count, Peril in Peru is a much better set value-wise. However, I just don't find myself getting excited about it, primarily because it played no role in the movie, and all of the minifigs I have multiples of from the other KOTCS sets, except for the uber-exciting pilot. :tongue:

On the other hand, every time I see the Flying Wing, although the piece count and minifig count suck, I just love the way the plane looks. For me it just has such an upper hand in the excitement value, which draws me to a set. Sure, the pieces aren't that useful for MOCing, but I can handle a few sets for mainly display purposes. I also like that it played a main role in the movie, unlike Peril in Peru.

So, in the end, my closely contested vote goes to Fight on the Flying Wing. :classic: I'll make sure to pick up the Flying Wing at some point in the near future, but I think I'll pass on Peril in Peru.

I'm liking these Indy Face-offs Brickster! :thumbup:

flying wing because of the lovely gun turret at the back

Peril in Peru. While the Flying Wing is an iconic vehicle, I don't like the way that Lego did it. I think they could have made it much more intricate and from a lot more parts, but chose to take the easy route instead and still charge as much as if it was extremely detailed.

Just keep in mind the "Swoosh Value" of the Flying Wing. :wub:

I am looking forward to the Flying Wing, which I hope to build it soon, even though I intend to keep the Peril in Peru inside the box. On the other hand, I am not very keen on Peril in Peru, despite of the amount of minifigs available, but mostly are common figures appear in other sets as well. I shall decide mine, once I begin to build them. :blush:

I love the color with the flying wing. And the beautiful fig.

I clearly voted Flying Wing.

I was pretty sketchy about Peril in Peru, but I ended up loving it after putting it together. It's a pretty fun build.

That being said, I think the Flying Wing is a better aircraft. It's damn near indestructible, (thanks to the one piece wing) and it has that sweet megablocks gun on the back. I really like the new canopy orint, and it's pretty much to scale, you can have Indy and the mechanic fight while standing up under the wing.

I'm not going to cast a vote--I'd say as a whole they balance each other with strengths and weaknesses, although FotFW coulda been done better--other than to offer an aviation-expert's eye view that the DC-3 in PiP (yes, it's the first case of a LEGO Minifig bird being identifiable as something real-world) is quite possibly (and IMNSH personal O definitely) the best aircraft in all of Minifig history, beating out even the big floatplane from the old Adventurers: Dino Island line.

Even if the Flying Wing was a little disappointing, I'll still vote for it out of nostalgia purposes, because I feel TLC still succeeded in creating the mood of the scene. I also don't like the extras of Peril in Peru. Overall they are pretty even though, I can't wait to get my hands on the flying wing.

Batbrick Away! :devil: