Jump to content


Canadian Eh?


  • Please log in to reply
2825 replies to this topic

#2176 Legobrandon

Legobrandon

    Posts: 361
    Joined: 26-August 10
    Member: 12864
    Country: Canada

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

So who here is planning to go to the Vancouver LEGO Store grand opening less than a week away? I'm hoping I will make it to all 3 days and get the gifts. Unfortunately, I have to go to school on Friday and won't be able to make it to the store but I'm crossing my fingers that my mom would line up for me.  :sweet: Here is the recap if you missed it:

May 4 (Friday): T-shirt
May 5 (Saturday): Mini LEGO Store Set
May 6 (Sunday): Minifigure Set
Posted Image

#2177 winbrant

winbrant

    Posts: 96
    Joined: 31-October 07
    Member: 2142
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Found 2 Fresh boxes of Series 7 on the shelf today at Airdrie Wal*Mart Supercentre.  :thumbup:

#2178 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

  • Straight Up Cero!


    Posts: 3037
    Joined: 30-August 10
    Member: 12949
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostLegobrandon, on 30 April 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

So who here is planning to go to the Vancouver LEGO Store grand opening less than a week away? I'm hoping I will make it to all 3 days and get the gifts. Unfortunately, I have to go to school on Friday and won't be able to make it to the store but I'm crossing my fingers that my mom would line up for me.  :sweet: Here is the recap if you missed it:

May 4 (Friday): T-shirt
May 5 (Saturday): Mini LEGO Store Set
May 6 (Sunday): Minifigure Set
How much do we have to spend for those?
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#2179 Legobrandon

Legobrandon

    Posts: 361
    Joined: 26-August 10
    Member: 12864
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostCeroknight, on 01 May 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

How much do we have to spend for those?
$35+
Posted Image

#2180 Toadtorrent

Toadtorrent

    Posts: 276
    Joined: 12-November 10
    Member: 14192
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

The Toronto Mt. Pleasant Mastermind Toys had a couple full boxes of Series 7 in stock...got my fill, with an amused staff watching me grope my way to glory!

#2181 legomaniac83

legomaniac83

  • Retro Maersk Head


    Posts: 378
    Joined: 28-February 09
    Member: 5420
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Saw 5+ boxes of Series 7 at the WalMart in Square One mall.

Has anyone been to either Lego Stores in Toronto? Last time I was in Sherway,(March), They did not have the Dump Truck 4434, Ambulance 4431 & Dirt Bike Transporter 4432. Just wondering if they have them re-stocked so I can take advantage of some VIP points.
Thanks!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#2182 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4673
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Fairview Mall Store has series seven, R2D2, new buildable Marvel sets and nice PaB parts. :wub_drool:

View Postlegomaniac83, on 01 May 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Has anyone been to either Lego Stores in Toronto? Last time I was in Sherway,(March), They did not have the Dump Truck 4434, Ambulance 4431 & Dirt Bike Transporter 4432. Just wondering if they have them re-stocked so I can take advantage of some VIP points.
Thanks!
Fairview had all three today.

#2183 IAmWillGibson

IAmWillGibson

    Posts: 397
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14134
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Maybe I'm nervous for no good reason, but my former source for Minifigres, the Eaton Centre Indigo, has me concerned... They apparently just put out four cases of Series 6 that show little evidence of anyone having gone through. I hope this doesn't lessen the amount of Series 7 they get. If it only delays it, that's fine, but I always fear over-ordering of certain waves and a resultant under-ordering of subsequent waves.

#2184 lowbike1

lowbike1

    Posts: 205
    Joined: 15-March 10
    Member: 9927
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

I'm planning to go to the Vancouver grand opening Saturday in the hopes of picking up the "free" set. How early of you think I should get there? I was planning on being there at least a few hrs early...

#2185 Legobrandon

Legobrandon

    Posts: 361
    Joined: 26-August 10
    Member: 12864
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

View Postlowbike1, on 02 May 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

I'm planning to go to the Vancouver grand opening Saturday in the hopes of picking up the "free" set. How early of you think I should get there? I was planning on being there at least a few hrs early...
Taking the Skytrain from Richmond to Oakridge. The mall opens at 9:30 on Friday and Saturday while it opens at 11:00 on Sunday. So I'm hoping to arrive at 8:45 and 10:00? Can't make it out on Friday since I have school.
Posted Image

#2186 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

  • Straight Up Cero!


    Posts: 3037
    Joined: 30-August 10
    Member: 12949
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostLegobrandon, on 02 May 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

Taking the Skytrain from Richmond to Oakridge. The mall opens at 9:30 on Friday and Saturday while it opens at 11:00 on Sunday. So I'm hoping to arrive at 8:45 and 10:00? Can't make it out on Friday since I have school.
I don't think I can make it to the opening :sceptic:
Have a few important things that I must attend to this week and the earliest I can get there is 9:40 (damn ferries)
I guess ordering at S@H for the Starwars promotions will have to make up for it :tongue:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#2187 Legobrandon

Legobrandon

    Posts: 361
    Joined: 26-August 10
    Member: 12864
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostCeroknight, on 02 May 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

I don't think I can make it to the opening :sceptic:
Have a few important things that I must attend to this week and the earliest I can get there is 9:40 (damn ferries)
I guess ordering at S@H for the Starwars promotions will have to make up for it :tongue:
I don't think the promo items will be gone THAT quickly. I've read that at the Nashville store, the mini store set lasted until 3:30pm. So you still have hope!
Posted Image

#2188 Rook

Rook

  • BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"


    Posts: 1240
    Joined: 18-March 08
    Member: 2903
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostIAmWillGibson, on 02 May 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Maybe I'm nervous for no good reason, but my former source for Minifigres, the Eaton Centre Indigo, has me concerned... They apparently just put out four cases of Series 6 that show little evidence of anyone having gone through. I hope this doesn't lessen the amount of Series 7 they get. If it only delays it, that's fine, but I always fear over-ordering of certain waves and a resultant under-ordering of subsequent waves.

*coughSHERWAYorFAIRVIEWcough*  :laugh:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#2189 Toadtorrent

Toadtorrent

    Posts: 276
    Joined: 12-November 10
    Member: 14192
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostRicecracker, on 02 May 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

...and nice PaB parts. :wub_drool:

You wouldn't by any chance know if the parts differ from the inventory listed HERE do you?

I updated the inventory 2 weeks ago when I was there...but nobody has updated it since.  I updated the Sherway one a few days ago to make up for it.

Would you have any updates?  Please...pretty please...with sugar on top?   :sweet: :sweet:

Edited by Toadtorrent, 02 May 2012 - 07:49 PM.


#2190 IAmWillGibson

IAmWillGibson

    Posts: 397
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14134
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostRook, on 02 May 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

*coughSHERWAYorFAIRVIEWcough*  :laugh:

I know, and VIP points are attractive, but I feel less like a slimeball feeling up packs at Chapters vs the LEGO store, when the latter is always way busier and the figures are on a lower, harder-to-get-to shelf. Plus I have a giftcard for Chapters.

Man, I'm full of excuses.

#2191 glenpinpat

glenpinpat

    Posts: 58
    Joined: 25-February 12
    Member: 26903
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Quote

but I feel less like a slimeball feeling up packs at Chapters vs the LEGO store
Last time I was at sherwood the staff did this for me. I was looking for Roman figures.

Edited by glenpinpat, 02 May 2012 - 08:47 PM.


#2192 Ricecracker

Ricecracker

  • Stormed Out


    Posts: 4673
    Joined: 25-November 07
    Member: 2221
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostToadtorrent, on 02 May 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

You wouldn't by any chance know if the parts differ from the inventory listed HERE do you?

I updated the inventory 2 weeks ago when I was there...but nobody has updated it since.  I updated the Sherway one a few days ago to make up for it.

Would you have any updates?  Please...pretty please...with sugar on top?   :sweet: :sweet:
Fairview seems to change out some parts every few days, so yes, it does differ. Off the top of my head I remember blue 1x8 tiles, dark tan 2x2 tiles, blue 1x4 plate, trans dark blue 1x1 rounds and trans orange cheese as being the interesting parts. I know they had other nice parts too, but I can't remember any specifics.

#2193 Toadtorrent

Toadtorrent

    Posts: 276
    Joined: 12-November 10
    Member: 14192
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostRicecracker, on 02 May 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Fairview seems to change out some parts every few days, so yes, it does differ.

Aaah, to be close for a daily visit.  :(

Thanks...those dark tan 2x2's are a good one!

#2194 lowbike1

lowbike1

    Posts: 205
    Joined: 15-March 10
    Member: 9927
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostLegobrandon, on 02 May 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

I don't think the promo items will be gone THAT quickly. I've read that at the Nashville store, the mini store set lasted until 3:30pm. So you still have hope!

do you (or anyone else) know how many they had? or may have (Of the promotional sets)

#2195 Legobrandon

Legobrandon

    Posts: 361
    Joined: 26-August 10
    Member: 12864
    Country: Canada

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

View Postlowbike1, on 02 May 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

do you (or anyone else) know how many they had? or may have (Of the promotional sets)
I believe 500 of each item.
Posted Image

#2196 lowbike1

lowbike1

    Posts: 205
    Joined: 15-March 10
    Member: 9927
    Country: Canada

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostLegobrandon, on 02 May 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

I believe 500 of each item.
That's what I had figured, thanks for the info

#2197 IAmWillGibson

IAmWillGibson

    Posts: 397
    Joined: 08-November 10
    Member: 14134
    Country: Canada

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

As I said before, anyone who gets a Store Promo and/or Minifigure set they don't want [which I'm assuming will be new in some way?], I have one from the Fairview Mall opening I'd be happy to trade.

Just, you know... puttin' it out there.

#2198 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10413
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

For May the 4th do we get the MINI TIE with any SW purchase too? Nothing comes up on S@H.

#2199 Fives

Fives

  • Makes structured rants


    Posts: 2566
    Joined: 31-December 10
    Member: 15059
    Country: Canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

I know asking this is probably pointless, but has anyone seen or heard anything about the LOTR sets anywhere in Canada? I know they are all over the US, but have they possibly shown up north of the border?

#2200 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostFives, on 14 May 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

I know asking this is probably pointless, but has anyone seen or heard anything about the LOTR sets anywhere in Canada? I know they are all over the US, but have they possibly shown up north of the border?

Try calling around, if they say they don't have them, at least ask when they expect them!  :classic:
~Sok117




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users