Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Unlikely Society -- New Chapter!

Hey everyone,

Chapter 16 of my superhero Lego comic, the Unlikely Society, is finally posted. This one didn't take QUITE as long as the previous couple of chapters, but I'm still way over my chapter-a-month goal I set for myself. Sigh ...

chap16cover.jpg

This chapter concludes the "Biker Chicks" story arc, and drops a few tantalizing hints of a larger conspiracy at work.

Also, based on a request from Dennimator, I posted detailed instructions on how to build your very own Joebot! You can find that on the website in the "Cool Stuff" section.

As always, thanks for reading!!

-Joebot

I liked this chapter alot!

I won't give anything away, but the harbor scene was really cool!

Nice job!

Hanz goes to Hogwarts? That would explain his powers. Anyways, great as usaul!

Another very good chapter, Joebot :thumbup:

Now we'll just have to wait for the next story arch to know more about this Benefactor and his plan!

LuxorV

Another great chapter! This comic is enjoyable to read and the effects are nicely done. Can't wait for your next sequence. :pir-wink:

I won't give anything away, but the harbor scene was really cool!

Thanks! I wrote that scene a long time ago, and I always had a very clear image of what I wanted it to look like. I actually managed to get pretty close. I'd wanted to somehow make it appear foggy, but after spending some time messing with Photoshop filters, I couldn't get the effect I wanted, so I had to give that up.

Hanz goes to Hogwarts? That would explain his powers.

HA! Yeah, initially I was going to use this tan suit-and-tie torso. Then I recently bought a bunch of old Lego sets from a co-worker's son, and there was the Madam Hooch mini-fig in there. I liked the fancy suit, and figured, hey, "H" for "Hanz!"

Now we'll just have to wait for the next story arch to know more about this Benefactor and his plan!

The Benefactor is going to be an ongoing story thread for a while. There will be other supervillains to fight along the way, some connected to the Benefactor, and some not. But he's going to be this overriding mystery for the Unlikely Society to figure out. It should be fun!

Thanks everyone!

What a satisfying ending to a great chapter, Joebot! Great foreshadowing and character exploration. Looking forward to the next story arc! :grin: