Member: 1588

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

Posted Image B-OV-6E

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Here's my second part of my City Center:

City Center part 2

Pieces: 339
Lego Factory Price: 60,44 Euros

You're on a trip through your Lego City. After you had eaten your sandwich and relaxed in the park it's getting evening and you're searching for a doss for the night. So why not going to the excellent hotel?!
The second part of the City Center includes a hotel with entrance, reception, foyer, a little and a big guest room, a flower bed, a bench, a female guest and two bellboys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

#2 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

A very neat and charming work, especially with that distinct entry, the red canopy and carpet work great and add a fine color contrast.  :thumbup:

Edited by Asuka, 13 December 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#3 djo

djo

Member: 4414

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:10 PM

nice design.
really like the interior.
simple yet beautiful.
i see opportunity to make this hotel modular with your design.
great idea. :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Mariko

Mariko

Member: 3661

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

This is simply charming! The canopy looks wonderful, and the interior is very well thought-out. The design on those beds really does look like something one might find in a hotel.

#5 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

This a clever creation!  It has the look of an old Wild West hotel, but still the metropolitan-style of a four star hotel.  I really like the cover over the red carpet giving the appearance of a "ritzy" place.  My only suggestion would be perhaps to use some tiles on the HOTEL sign to smooth things off.  I really like the cherckered bedspreads.  They look really good.

Overall, very nice KD!

#6 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Asuka, djo, Mariko and TheBrickster! :sweet:

View PostAsuka, on Dec 11 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

A very neat and charming work, especially with that distinct entry, the red canopy and carpet work great and add a fine color contrast.  :thumbup:
Thanks, Asuka! :sweet:
I wasn't sure whether I should add a red or a white capony to the entry. Do you think that a white one would have been better?

View Postdjo, on Dec 11 2008, 07:10 PM, said:

nice design.
really like the interior.
simple yet beautiful.
i see opportunity to make this hotel modular with your design.
great idea. :thumbup:
Thanks, djo! :sweet:
Nice to hear that you like the interior. It's a bit difficult with LDD to design it really in that way you want it. But I, too, think that it isn't too bad.

View PostMariko, on Dec 11 2008, 07:23 PM, said:

This is simply charming! The canopy looks wonderful, and the interior is very well thought-out. The design on those beds really does look like something one might find in a hotel.
Thanks, Mariko! :sweet:
Like I already mentioned: The interior is often a bit difficult to design with LDD. So it was actually only because of the limited brick palette that I designed those beds like they are now. :grin:

View PostTheBrickster, on Dec 14 2008, 12:00 AM, said:

This a clever creation!  It has the look of an old Wild West hotel, but still the metropolitan-style of a four star hotel.  I really like the cover over the red carpet giving the appearance of a "ritzy" place.  My only suggestion would be perhaps to use some tiles on the HOTEL sign to smooth things off.  I really like the cherckered bedspreads.  They look really good.

Overall, very nice KD!
Thanky, TheBrickster! :sweet:
The idea with the tiles is a really good one - thanks. When designing my next LDD MOC and making a sign like in this my MOC I'll remember your suggestion for improvement. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

#7 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:44 PM

View PostKlaus-Dieter, on Dec 14 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

I wasn't sure whether I should add a red or a white capony to the entry. Do you think that a white one would have been better?
Na, there´s already enough white in your creation. To take a more vivid color was the right decision for sure.  :thumbup:

#8 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat

• Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

Nice work K-D, especially that entrance is well done! :thumbup:

Only thing i'm missing is a way to get upstairs.
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#9 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

View PostAsuka, on Dec 15 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

Na, there´s already enough white in your creation. To take a more vivid color was the right decision for sure.  :thumbup:
I'm glad to hear that the red color was the right decision - thanks. :sweet:

View PostCaptain green hair, on Dec 15 2008, 02:11 PM, said:

Nice work K-D, especially that entrance is well done! :thumbup:

Only thing i'm missing is a way to get upstairs.
Thank you very much for your nice comment, Captain green hair! :sweet:
But for what are stairs needed?! I think minifigs always waver to the rooms upstairs and when they want to get downstairs then they wave to the rooms downstairs - at least it was the case until now in nearly every Lego building. :laugh:
No, joking apart: I wanted to design a custom City set and not a CC styled building since I don't like official buildings with backwalls. And since there have nearly never been some City sets with buildings which have stairs I decided to do so in my LDD City MOCs, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter, 16 December 2008 - 12:36 PM.

#10 Mariko

Mariko

Member: 3661

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

View PostKlaus-Dieter, on Dec 14 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

Thanks, Mariko! :sweet:
Like I already mentioned: The interior is often a bit difficult to design with LDD. So it was actually only because of the limited brick palette that I designed those beds like they are now. :grin:

That's pretty cool--I'm glad it turned out that way, as it really does look like a lot of the hotel beds I've stayed in!

Also, I like your views on stairways and the like; I think mine is rather similar (Brickenridge also lacks many staircases) :grin:

#11 Section8

Section8

Member: 857

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

Another great MOC, K-D.  I am wondering though, what is the yellow 1 x 1 cylinder on the 'H' in the sign for?

#12 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

Thank you very much for your nice comment, Section8! :sweet:

I feared that this question will arise! :grin: The yellow 1x1 cylinder is there because the letters of "hotel" are an impair number. And since the building - and with it even the "letters" on top of it - should be symmetric I thought about what to do. And then I had the idea to add the yellow 1x1 cylinder to the H. If you want to you can take it as a star to show that this is a hotel with the quality of one star.

Klaus-Dieter

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users