SlyOwl

Flets 'n' Bolt-holes

indexed.gif

'Pologies for the photos - stupid winter :hmpf_bad:

flet1.jpg

flet2.jpg

flet3.jpg

detail1.jpg_thumb.jpg detail2.jpg_thumb.jpg

nice moc even if the tree looks strange!

I love the roof shape of the cave! (with all these curved thing) I think I'm going to steal your design for a mine I want to build ^^ I also love your mushrooms, is that minifig arms+ antena base ?

This is too cool. The cave design is awesome. The mushrooms are so creative, as well. I didn't even notice them at first until I read the reply post. So cool.

Excellent entry! I love the structure of the cave, as well as all of the little details- the Crownies, the wooden ladder, the marvelous stairway (great job on using those rods! Genuis!), the cavern (I've seen it before, but not as amazing as that), the use of visors as water, the fall tree (along with the bark details)... I could go on forever. This is truely the BEST CCCVI hideout entry so far.

I also love your mushrooms, is that minifig arms+ antena base ?
Correct- tan minfig arms (it isn't new, BTW, but still, it's a good use of them).

Looks great Sly! Lots of great use of parts in a way you don't always expect, like pistols for table legs and minifig arms for mushrooms (I guess we all turn to plant food eventually :tongue: )

The interior of the tree looks great, and the wharf and stairs are all win for me.

Good luck. :thumbup:

This is beautiful, as all your MOCs! You really deserve that ´Expert Builder´ tag! :sweet:

Is it OK if I steal use that mushroom design?

Thankee :thumbup:

I also love your mushrooms, is that minifig arms+ antena base ?

The ones using the minifig arms are in fact designed by Jalkow, although I adapted the technique with the viking horn.

Correct- tan minfig arms (it isn't new, BTW, but still, it's a good use of them).

White :wink: Bad lighting :blush:

Looks great Sly! Lots of great use of parts in a way you don't always expect, like pistols for table legs and minifig arms for mushrooms (I guess we all turn to plant food eventually :tongue: )

I actually discovered pistols for table legs during the CCCV, but have never used it. In case you cared :grin:

This is beautiful, as all your MOCs! You really deserve that ´Expert Builder´ tag! :sweet:

Is it OK if I steal use that mushroom design?

Yup, although you'll want to credit Jalkow for the one with the arm (see above).

Interesting MOC!

The tree is crafty and the spears in the water look good a serve the purpose well, but out of all three that are floating I would imagine that at least one would have an arrow head heavy enough to sink. :sceptic: A 1x4 rod sitting out of the water would have looked nice there as well. The photography is okay, but in the winter seasons we can never expect the best sun-based photography. :tongue:

This MOC still has a great design and is an excellent entry into CCC.

Edited by NewRight

Amazing work, as usual, SlyOwl. :cry_happy: Some very neat techniques in here, like the fungi (Jalkow's technique, I know, but still cool), the complex caves, the fisherman's legs, the wooden steps, and the fall-colored leaves. :thumbup:

I think the tree looks fine. This MOC is just a masterpiece :thumbup: !

The fight with the crownies looks good and the scene near the river with the kid/hobbit looks like it comes straight from the Lords of the Rings (which I am a huge fan of).

Lo there, I hope replying to a 5 year old topic is no problem, but I would just like to say I really, really, really like this build. Thanks for sharing it! I will certainly use it in my own builds... :excited:

Edited by Flint