Jump to content


Chrome Darth Vader


569 replies to this topic

#51 Mirandir

Mirandir

    Posts: 534
    Joined: 03-September 07
    Member: 1936
    Country: Sweden

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

View PostDennimator, on Dec 2 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

Yeah, same with the southest part of Sweden, there are no shops in Helsingborg (or any other shops in southern Skåne) that have any other promo items, except Barnens Hus (Leklust toychain), which gave away mini V-19 Torrents to anyone who bought SW-lego, that´s the only promotional set I´ve ever picked up myself. :hmpf_bad:

It seems like TLC choose the stores they give it to, all sets seem to be in big(ger) cities.
Why not here?

I just realized that it's kind of funny that one of the stores around here that don't have this offer is owned by a guy who has one of Swedens largest Lego Star Wars collection. He does have the largest collection that's available for public display.

#52 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

  • Rock Hard ABS


    Posts: 3049
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 998
    Country: U.S.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for the pics.  :thumbup:

I'd only buy the set for a chrome Vader, honestly. But the TIE Advanced is certainly improved.

#53 Ronan Nissen

Ronan Nissen

    Posts: 219
    Joined: 09-September 07
    Member: 1953

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

I would be over the moon if I found this as I was really upset when I couldn't find the chrome c-3po and saw the prices on bricklink. I have got to find this somewhere but I doubt it will come to Ireland and I presume the prices on bricklink will be sky high like the c-3po.

#54 Corvus

Corvus

  • ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1483
    Country: USA

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:28 AM

Ras, you cruel, cruel old person. :tongue:

I got my hopes up when I saw this... but it looks like I'll never get it. Then again, maybe I'll call my relatives in Sweden.

Question: Was this sitting on the shelf, with the polybag taped to the side? If so, there might, might be hope. :sceptic:
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#55 Dark Brickz

Dark Brickz

    Posts: 131
    Joined: 25-September 08
    Member: 3995
    Country: united states

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:40 AM

WOW!!!! its amazin i gotta get me one of those, or maybe a few for ebay :grin: .....
Without light there is no "Darkness"

#56 mechamike

mechamike

  • Worst lover ever!


    Posts: 268
    Joined: 19-October 07
    Member: 2106
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Dec 3 2008, 02:28 AM, said:

Ras, you cruel, cruel old person. :tongue:

Question: Was this sitting on the shelf, with the polybag taped to the side? If so, there might, might be hope. :sceptic:

Nope, In my store , both the TIE and the polybag was behind the counter.

Long story:
I been to IKEA here in Linköping, had 7 minutes over until the bus would come, thought I stroll over to Sagoland , (who has the best prices on Lego that I know of in Sweden not counting Hikmet in Jönköping).

Outside the store, they had a postersign that said , preorder Vaders new TIE ,get a free Vader minifig.
So I walked in said that I wanted to preoder , and then the nice lady said:

"You can have it right away. We have the set here behind the counter."  I got the set.
Then  she took out a white big shopping plastic bag and emptied the contents on the counter, 4 polybags dropped out.
She handed me one an said :
"Your lucky we dont have many left."  

It wasnt until i sat on the bus that I noticed that the figure was in black chrome   :tongue: And realized how lucky I really was
Had I known that It was a black chrome vader in the shop I would have got at least one more set.


Ps sorry for my bad English Ds..

May you be also be touched by his noodly appendage, RAmen!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  

Guilds of Historica: Kael,  Kaliphlin
My flickr


#57 pr0visorak

pr0visorak

  • Silvery Provo


    Posts: 912
    Joined: 24-July 08
    Member: 3570
    Country: Singapore

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:33 AM

View Posta53021, on Dec 3 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

Nope, In my store , both the TIE and the polybag was behind the counter.

Long story:
I been to IKEA here in Linköping, had 7 minutes over until the bus would come, thought I stroll over to Sagoland , (who has the best prices on Lego that I know of in Sweden not counting Hikmet in Jönköping).

Outside the store, they had a postersign that said , preorder Vaders new TIE ,get a free Vader minifig.
So I walked in said that I wanted to preoder , and then the nice lady said:

"You can have it right away. We have the set here behind the counter."  I got the set.
Then  she took out a white big shopping plastic bag and emptied the contents on the counter, 4 polybags dropped out.
She handed me one an said :
"Your lucky we dont have many left."  

It wasnt until i sat on the bus that I noticed that the figure was in black chrome   :tongue: And realized how lucky I really was
Had I known that It was a black chrome vader in the shop I would have got at least one more set.


Ps sorry for my bad English Ds..
You lucky person! :hmpf_bad: How much did the set cost ?
2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#58 mechamike

mechamike

  • Worst lover ever!


    Posts: 268
    Joined: 19-October 07
    Member: 2106
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:58 AM

View Postpr0visorak, on Dec 3 2008, 08:33 AM, said:

You lucky person! :hmpf_bad: How much did the set cost ?

Perhaps a bit off topic,

But the set cost me 399 SEK    that's approx 37,4 EUR , 31.5 GBP,  47 USD  or  for You  pr0visorak 70 SGD.

Lego is expensive in Sweden..

May you be also be touched by his noodly appendage, RAmen!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  

Guilds of Historica: Kael,  Kaliphlin
My flickr


#59 Ras 74

Ras 74

  • Prince of PM´s


    Posts: 3683
    Joined: 27-November 04
    Member: 114
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Dec 3 2008, 02:28 AM, said:

Ras, you cruel, cruel old person. :tongue:

I got my hopes up when I saw this... but it looks like I'll never get it. Then again, maybe I'll call my relatives in Sweden.

Question: Was this sitting on the shelf, with the polybag taped to the side? If so, there might, might be hope. :sceptic:
I thought you have had your titel for a long time now, and that you where about to get released from it... but now it will stick for some time more.
Don´t you learn. Are you "a slow learner" my padawan?  :tongue:

You got the answer from my fellow Swede a53021, thanks for that.
It was the same matter in my store.


-Ras-
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Please read the
Members Guidelines and check the Tutorials Index

Brickshelf Gallery

#60 pr0visorak

pr0visorak

  • Silvery Provo


    Posts: 912
    Joined: 24-July 08
    Member: 3570
    Country: Singapore

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:58 AM

View Posta53021, on Dec 3 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Perhaps a bit off topic,

But the set cost me 399 SEK    that's approx 37,4 EUR , 31.5 GBP,  47 USD  or  for You  pr0visorak 70 SGD.

Lego is expensive in Sweden..
Thanks for the quick response! :classic: What SGD 70! If it comes with the chrome darth vader than I would not mind...

View PostRas, on Dec 3 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

I thought you have had your titel for a long time now, and that you where about to get released from it... but now it will stick for some time more.
Don´t you learn. Are you "a slow learner" my padawan?  :tongue:

You got the answer from my fellow Swede a53021, thanks for that.
It was the same matter in my store.


-Ras-
Ok, by the way. Do any of these local stores have like an online store because if they do than I would not mind ordering. :classic:
2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#61 Ronan Nissen

Ronan Nissen

    Posts: 219
    Joined: 09-September 07
    Member: 1953

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

In the first pic is that sealed one CM's?

#62 KimT

KimT

  • Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith


    Posts: 14078
    Joined: 11-November 04
    Member: 101
    Country: Denmark

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

View PostRonan Nissen, on Dec 3 2008, 07:33 PM, said:

In the first pic is that sealed one CM's?
Most likely.
Or Ras bought 2 sets and got 2 figs.
One to open and another to keep MISB
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words


Posted Image


#63 Ronan Nissen

Ronan Nissen

    Posts: 219
    Joined: 09-September 07
    Member: 1953

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

And also, you know the way the chrome c-3po if you dismantle it the parts that you don't see when it's assembled were light pearl gold(or tan I'm not sure). Are the parts on the Darth Vader normal black or a different colour?

#64 Star-Sam

Star-Sam

    Posts: 23
    Joined: 24-September 08
    Member: 3990
    Country: Germany

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

Quote

And also, you know the way the chrome c-3po if you dismantle it the parts that you don't see when it's assembled were light pearl gold(or tan I'm not sure). Are the parts on the Darth Vader normal black or a different colour?
Interesting question! I'm sure it have the normal black. But Let's get asked the profis :tongue:
I'll hope Copmike can tell us more about the figure, mayby there are 10 countries with 100 figures.
So that there were 10'000 worldwide, would be the sam liken in 2007 and the golden C-3PO!
greetz Star-Sam
PIRATES MONTH!
Posted Image

#65 Ras 74

Ras 74

  • Prince of PM´s


    Posts: 3683
    Joined: 27-November 04
    Member: 114
    Country: Sweden

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

Someone asked if the legs was glued. They are not.
And it is ordinary black.

@ Kim:Try 3 each  :wink:

I so wiched that I knew it was this fig in as well, then I would have gotten so many more...


-Ras-
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Please read the
Members Guidelines and check the Tutorials Index

Brickshelf Gallery

#66 Corvus

Corvus

  • ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1483
    Country: USA

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

View Posta53021, on Dec 2 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

Nope, In my store , both the TIE and the polybag was behind the counter.

Dang. Oh well. I didn't like him anyway.

:cry_sad:

View PostRas, on Dec 3 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

Don´t you learn. Are you "a slow learner" my padawan?  :tongue:

Apparently not. :sceptic:

:tongue:
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#67 natelite

natelite

  • fewer calories than regular nate


    Posts: 2260
    Joined: 05-April 06
    Member: 718

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

well, i hope copmike come back with some answers soon. i wouldn't mind preordering or getting a few sets just to get hold of that vader!  :tongue:

#68 Takanuva-nui

Takanuva-nui

    Posts: 57
    Joined: 06-October 08
    Member: 4076

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:52 AM

Oh wow. That is a lovely black chrome Vader, you lucky  :blush:. I really hope that there's some way we can get those in the U.S. I'd preorder the whole next wave of sets if I had to (not that I have any money :tongue:)

T-Nui

#69 KimT

KimT

  • Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith


    Posts: 14078
    Joined: 11-November 04
    Member: 101
    Country: Denmark

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:14 AM

View PostRas, on Dec 4 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

Someone asked if the legs was glued. They are not.
And it is ordinary black.

@ Kim:Try 3 each  :wink:

I so wiched that I knew it was this fig in as well, then I would have gotten so many more...


-Ras-
Noooooooooooooooo.
For that you will suffer.
Let's see how you feel after being frozen in carbonite
:vader:
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words


Posted Image


#70 CopMike

CopMike

  • All your baseplate are belong to us


    Posts: 5192
    Joined: 04-January 05
    Member: 148
    Country: Sweden

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:32 PM

View PostKimT, on Dec 4 2008, 08:14 AM, said:

Noooooooooooooooo.
For that you will suffer.
Let's see how you feel after being frozen in carbonite
:vader:
Yeeeeeeeeees :tongue:!
Hopefully we´ll get some more info soon about it.

CopMike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#71 Mirandir

Mirandir

    Posts: 534
    Joined: 03-September 07
    Member: 1936
    Country: Sweden

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:49 PM

If you are living in or near Skellefteå I just wanted to give a heads up! 5 of the Tie fighter sets with this figure _may_ be heading your way next week. Or rather four as one of them will be mine! ;)

I'll let you know more as soon as I know.

#72 Mirandir

Mirandir

    Posts: 534
    Joined: 03-September 07
    Member: 1936
    Country: Sweden

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

According to a post by LEGO-employee Fredrik Pettersson on swelug forums over at lugnet campaigns with this chrome-black Darth Vader minifig will run in, at least, Germany and US next year.

#73 darkrebellion

darkrebellion

    Posts: 960
    Joined: 13-January 08
    Member: 2482
    Country: Mexico

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

Anyone has noted that this is a simple minifig (I mean a minifig ALONE with any pieces just its lightsaber) being given by the TLC but they aren´t supposed to have that rights cause they are keep by Hasbro.

#74 Mirandir

Mirandir

    Posts: 534
    Joined: 03-September 07
    Member: 1936
    Country: Sweden

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

View Postdarkrebellion, on Dec 5 2008, 02:13 AM, said:

Anyone has noted that this is a simple minifig (I mean a minifig ALONE with any pieces just its lightsaber) being given by the TLC but they aren´t supposed to have that rights cause they are keep by Hasbro.

Technically it does come with a set as you must buy the anniversary Tie Fighter to get it. I'm assuming that the US and Germany campaigns won't be simple "handouts" either.

#75 VBBN

VBBN

  • Teaching is made up of patience


    Posts: 5297
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1621
    Country: United States

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:17 AM

I probably won't be lucky enough to find one, as I could never seem to get one of those C3POs. :laugh:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

Before this is all over, promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine.




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users