Woah! Now that's a lot of blood...
The rocks are gorgeous, and in a great cliff shape. You have a nicely tiled beach hiding in the blood as well.
That's a very intesresting bird, but it fills in the spot well and looks quite nice. What type of bird is it?
Some improvements you could make:
1) First of all, I think that the blood is too much. I know that contest calls for cruelty, and the idea is great, but I think the sheer amount of it blocks quite a bit of the rest of the entry. I would recommend keeping some blood, just use a bit less.
2) The revolver and rifle don't match the time period too well. If you have them, using a musket for the rifle and a pistol like the ones found in pirates sets for the revolver, would be a much better fit.
3) If you take away some blood, it would leave some room for a crab or something on the beach.
4) I definitely would put hats, or at least hair on the minifigs without them. I feel that this always looks better.
5) The first picture is the one that will be judged upon, so makes sure it includes everything. Your current one cuts off the bird.
6) Could you perhaps write a small story for your entry? That always makes an entry more exciting, and it also make it easier to understand what's going on in the entry.
I think that you did a very good job with your entry, and if you take away a bit of blood and make some other minor fixes, it will stand a much better chance.
Good luck inthe contest!