First AFOL event in Romania

3 replies to this topic

#1 Olog

Olog

Member: 3948

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

As you might know, I am from Romania. And as one of the very few AFOLs from this country, and only active MOCer, I have decided to start raising awareness towards this toy we all love, by organizing the first ever AFOL LEGO even in Romania.
Preparations for this event have started months ago, and now things have been smoothed out, I'm proud to announce it.

Posted Image

The event will run in my city of Cluj-Napoca. Two weeks from now,  December, from 3rd to 7th ( total five days) the last two days we will have some amazing contests and fun activities. Visiting hours will be from 10 a.m. to 18 p.m. , and I will personally be there to watch over the event and socialize with people.

It might not seem as a big deal to many of you, there is no way to describe the importance of this event in relation with the country and the type of mentality that prevails here. I am confident that this will open minds and generate some smiles along the way. And who knows, I might even meet some of you if you have the time to drop by.

For any extra information don't hesitate to contact me.
Link to poster

#2 pr0visorak

pr0visorak

• Silvery Provo

Member: 3570

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

This is a great idea! Good for you and congrats on your success on the organising of your event :pir_laugh2: Wish my country had the same thing :pir-hmpf_bad:  :pir-skull:

Edited by pr0visorak, 19 November 2008 - 09:17 AM.

2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#3 Guss

Guss

• One armed pirate

Member: 3895

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

I just wondered " hey , maybe I'll be able to come!" so I watched on internet :

"1698km"

No ... I can't come  :pir_laugh2:

anyway , I wish you a great event! I hope that will be great! Good luck with it!

my flickr - My website

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not? (George Bernard Shaw)

#4 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well done Olog :pir-oh:!!!
Great looking poster and I really love your determenation to get this on the road! I´m sure it´s going to be a great event, and I´d love to see some pictures afterwards.
That means, yes I can´t make it - sorry :pir-cry_sad:, it would have been great fun!
Good luck with the SW layout - you seem a bit tired though even before the start of the building :pir_laugh2:!
And grab a couple of Ursus_beer.jpg when it´s over!

CopMike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users