MOC: County Bikes Motorcycle Shop

10 replies to this topic

#1 samthelegoman1

samthelegoman1

Member: 3499

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image B-OV-13C

The County Bikes Motorcycle Shop is a building I built for Arealight's Motorcycle contest but with a few adjustments, is now a shop in my layout!

County Bikes is a motorcyle store in Albany, New York. Founded in 1978, the shop sells brand name bikes that are shipped from County Bikes Storage, also in Albany.
Posted Image
Here is the front, with some customers outside talking about stuff.
Posted Image
Here are some Bikes on sale.
Posted Image
The owner, James Rod Smithy stands behind the desk as a clerk while...
Posted Image
His son, Rudolph (or Rad Rudy as his friends call him)works in the back, repairing bikes.
Posted Image
Some customers look at bikes.

#2 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:36 AM

A neat and functional shop in a nice color scheme. I like those cool biker characters in front of the shop too.

#3 Guss

Guss

• One armed pirate

Member: 3895

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

a really nice shop ! it s approximately what I wanted to make when I did my garage vignette ^^ but it turned a really different way...

Oh! that brick-built bike is amazing !
Posted Image

#4 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:17 AM

A very nice MOC, samthelegoman1! :thumbup:

This looks very nice and authentic! I even like it how you added the stickers so that it looks much more detailed and realistic.
When I saw the first pic which is a bit dark I immediately thought about some dubious figures selling something in front of the shop. :laugh:

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

#5 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

I love it!  What's great about this MOC is the smaller sized building.  Lego should offer a small collection of little shops like this.  They would be fairly easy builds, but nicely detailed, and offer a lot of playability.  Great job!  I'd like that little WWII Indy motorcycle at 50% off please.  

Let's see, does the shop buy old cycles as well?

Posted Image

#6 Lord Santos

Lord Santos

Member: 3003

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

The shop is amazing, but I cannot see any brick-bilt bike...
I found curious the diverse of yellow and fleshie minifigs.

MOC ON :thumbup:
All rise against Continente's boss Belmiro de Azevedo, richest guy in Portugal, for only having abrick and megablocks in the toy section, YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!It's thanks to him that we don't have star wars, agents, castle, belville and only having 2nd semester sets in they haven't arrived yet as of 24/01/2009!!!Lord Santos in all that above except on TRU

Sig edited by Hinckley: Please read the site guidelines. Pics in sigs may not be taller than 300 pixels. Please reduce this pic. Thank you.My city Skyline- How to combine 1998 town sets with the 2008 sets.

#7 samthelegoman1

samthelegoman1

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Thanks everyone.  I actually had the color scheme from the church in Town Plan.  I broke it and thought- what to do with these pieces?  I decided to make a shop of some sort.  I knew that the set didn't come with many same color pieces, so I had to use a lot windows.  I heard of the Arealight Motorcycle contest on Kaminoan's and entered it.  I won 3rd place! :grin:
I eventually broke it :hmpf_bad: and am now turning it into a modular town building (compatible with CC,GG, and MS).

#8 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat

• Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:45 AM

50% off? I'm on my way!

Posted Image
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#9 samthelegoman1

samthelegoman1

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:00 PM

Is that your bike?

#10 Badsneaker

Badsneaker

Member: 3096

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

View PostTheBrickster, on Nov 12 2008, 10:03 AM, said:

I love it!  What's great about this MOC is the smaller sized building.  Lego should offer a small collection of little shops like this.  They would be fairly easy builds, but nicely detailed, and offer a lot of playability.

This is a great little shop Sam. I like Rad Rudy with his welder and welders helmut. Nice details!

I agree Brickster, if LEGO offered some small town sets like this, they would probably sell like hotcakes!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Razzer

Razzer

Member: 4116

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:13 PM

Thats a great bike shop samthelegoman1! especially the colour scheme. Oh and captain green hair I see that the bush in that picture has legs!
I need a better camera, to photograph Lego, but I need to buy more Lego so I have something good to photograph, darn I can't win...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users