PICTORIAL REVIEW: 6242 Soldiers Fort

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic  – Started by Lego12 , Nov 11 2008 11:59 PM

Poll: Scale from 1-5 (181 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you rate this set?

1. 5-Outstanding (44 votes [38.94%])

Percentage of vote: 38.94%

2. 4-Above Average (45 votes [39.82%])

Percentage of vote: 39.82%

3. 3-Average (19 votes [16.81%])

Percentage of vote: 16.81%

4. 2-Below Average (3 votes [2.65%])

Percentage of vote: 2.65%

5. 1-Poor (2 votes [1.77%])

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Black Rabbit

Black Rabbit

Member: 3884

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:48 AM

I agree lego bear this set is way to over priced same with all of the pirate sets ,and have you looked at the canadian prices for the late 2008 star wars, 40 dollars for a tiny walker seriously lego needs to get rid of this over pricing and give us geeks a break .doesnt mean this isnt a nice set it just needs more to it lki more landscaping witch lego has neglected. great reveiw lego 12

#52 Admiral Blockbeard

Admiral Blockbeard
  • Cat Lover

Member: 2872

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

View PostLego12, on Nov 12 2008, 09:29 AM, said:

The (I couldn't think of a name for this, so it will remain blank until someone can tell me what it is):
Posted Image
This has the roof-like structure that holds the dark brown barrel container and the plastic-type flag which has a very nice design IMO.

I have a few Ideas for you

1. Flag Station
2. Shelter
3. Corner piece

No. 1 is my favourite.

So, Pirate Lego comes back with double sided minifigs and a modular set, and we can only complain about how expensive a special release is? I may be wrong but wont the price go down once it hits the big retail stores, you know demand and supply theory?

And...

Congrats on the great review Lego12, it has actually got me to post for the first time in months! I am dying of envy.

I also want to be the first to go on record to say that setting this up with the Market Village would look supurb, in fact it would look like quite a few of the MOC's we have had on our pages before, it like a MOC for dummies, put the two together! TLC certenly does deliver when we want something. A nice surprise would be a soldier battle pack!!! -fingers crossed-

Best regards
-the long lost- Cpt. PB

#53 pr0visorak

pr0visorak
  • Silvery Provo

Member: 3570

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

Wow! Great review I have never been a fan of pirates till this review! I cant wait to get my hands on one :pir-skull:
2nd Singaporean in Eurobricks and first few to enter the Singapore F1 Night Race on the 1st day!

Today is the Star wars Clone wars Ryloth the trilogy!
Posted Image

#54 Pencoin

Pencoin

Member: 2415

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for this great review, I think I will get alot of Pirate sets.
Posted Image
Look into those beautiful eyes, the eyes of a hero. Mata-Nui.

Stop and Smell the Vorox
You need help to defeat the bone hunters in My LEGO Network? Then please consult my guide! For Bara Magna!
Befriend me here: http://mln.lego.com/...ew/pencoin.aspx You'll get clicks!

Daven Mission Force
.....Coming soon.....
Sneak peak: Here
Click This! Listen to it all the way through.

#55 Star-Sam

Star-Sam

Member: 3990

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

Wow, you are on of the first people, who got his set :pir-cry_happy:
Thanks to your Review, it's very nice. I love the new pirate-minifgures, they look so awesome detailled. And the other part's are cool, too.
But the price to pieces didn't look so good :pir-cry_sad:  And therefore we have a new Comic, what a shame-10 years waiting for so great set's.
So thanks again for the review!
greetings Star-Sam
PIRATES MONTH!
Posted Image

#56 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM
  • Back to the drawing board!

Member: 4006

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:25 PM

I voted average as I think this set needs more pieces for the price.

#57 metalandi

metalandi

Member: 2594

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

If you wonder why there are only 2 left now on bricklink...well, that's because i just ordered one as christmas present for myself! :pir_laugh2:

You did an awesome review, and i just must have this set after it :pir-wub:

Edited by metalandi, 13 November 2008 - 08:51 PM.

#58 Lego12

Lego12
  • Kill'n George

Member: 3422

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

Thanks a lot guys! I like your idea Cpt. PegLeg Blockbeard for the name. I'll add it the review right away!
7 years on Eurobricks.

-Lego12

#59 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

View PostCpt. Pegleg Blockbeard, on Nov 13 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

I also want to be the first to go on record to say that setting this up with the Market Village would look supurb
Indeed, good observation. I think I'll buy them both and combine in one harbor village.

View PostCpt. Pegleg Blockbeard, on Nov 13 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

A nice surprise would be a soldier battle pack!!! -fingers crossed-
There is the soldier impulse set which I consider to be an army building set. I know tons of that little set will be sold. It's a very smart move from TLC.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#60 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois
  • Bagel Heretic

Member: 1496

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

WOW! This is definatly one of the sets im geting! :pir_laugh2:

The Minifigs look EXCELLANT! Especially the Soldiers and their printed backs! :pir-wub:  :pir-oh:

I like the overall look of the set aswell :pir-classic:

Also nice review :thumbup:

Also I will definatly get lots of the Soldier impulse sets to go with this set! :pir-grin:

#61 samthelegoman1

samthelegoman1

Member: 3499

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

I hope they make new Imperial Soldiers, also.  It would also be nice if they reintroduced some vintage figures, such as Broadside and Red-Beard!  Gasp!  I just got an idea: "Vintage Minifigure Pirates Edition"!

#62 General Magma

General Magma
  • Compliant

Member: 4066

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

View Postsamthelegoman1, on Nov 15 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

I hope they make new Imperial Soldiers, also.  It would also be nice if they reintroduced some vintage figures, such as Broadside and Red-Beard!  Gasp!  I just got an idea: "Vintage Minifigure Pirates Edition"!

I think they, sadly, will never add them to the new line.. I have both Redbeard and Broadside, Broadside will keep being the Admiral of the Imperials, but not sure if I'm going to add Redbeard..and if I do I'll also need Redbeards pirate ship which I don't want to buy :pir-hmpf_bad:

Edited by General Magma, 16 November 2008 - 05:07 PM.

Flickr - YouTube - MOCpages
Custom figures: LOTR [updated June 27th] - Star Wars [updated July 7th]

MOCs:

Star Wars____________________Western_________________LOTR____________________Other_________

Rebel Patrol On Endor_________________________________________________________________________
Nal Hutta: Taboona's Palace_____The Lone Chieftain_________Battle of Dunland___________Insectoid General
AT-RT____________________Sandwood Town Shootout_____Gollum Encounter_________________________
Bounty Hunter Starfighter_______________________________Ithilien Ranger Ambush_____________________  
   Imperial Probe Droid_______________________________Into Mordor_______________________________                
___________________________________________________Boromir's Last Stand_______________________
___________________________________________________Battle of Osgiliath__________________________

#63 Sander

Sander

Member: 4404

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:57 AM

Hello everyone this new pirate sets have me so excited that I registered! I don't collect legos anymore - but with these pirates that has changed now! I think I'm going to start with the ship and work my way down.  I was always thankful that I had the chance to play with real legos (space, pirates, castle, and later on cowboys and ninjas) when I was young, now it looks like the good stuff is coming back!  :jollyroger:

Like what others said this set would go wonderful with the castle village to make a port city, my only beef with this set in particular is that it could use a little more for $50, like maybe instead of a rowboat a large boat/small ship to go with it like a couple of the older port sets had. But it's new PIRATES, who's complaining?!

Anyways has anyone else noticed that the new soldiers have blue piping with their red jackets, and the officers blue jackets with some red? I think the lego admiralty dicieded to cut costs and combine the old blues and reds into one service ;)

#64 WhiteFang

WhiteFang
  • Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

One of my favourite Pirate sets in 2009.  :pir-blush:

The number one reason why I loved it so much, is because these are made up of modular designs which could create multiple possiblities. by re-arranging different sections/modules according to your liking. The 3 Imperial Soldiers plus an Admiral is great to guard this fort. With a pirate prisoner and the Pirate Captain, personally come to save this crew, is quite unlikely but possible. Even though the design is simple, but aren't this is the design whom are classic pirates at heart, always wanting to have this kind of design back? Personally, I think this is a great set, and offer endless playing and fun time for both kids and AFOLS.  :pir-wink:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#65 metalandi

metalandi

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

Mine has been shipped from bricklink! Unfortunately it is beeing shipped to my parents and i won't get it before christmas :pir-cry_sad:

Anyway, i can't wait to get my hands on it!

#66 General Magma

General Magma
  • Compliant

Member: 4066

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

But..what's with the dynamite?! There was not any dynamite in the time of the Great-Sea pirates!  :pir-hmpf_bad:

@Metalandi: Be happy you could get it so soon, waiting till Christmas is nothing compared to the amount of time I have to wait - like 7 months!! It's horrible!!!

Edited by General Magma, 17 November 2008 - 05:34 PM.

Flickr - YouTube - MOCpages
Custom figures: LOTR [updated June 27th] - Star Wars [updated July 7th]

MOCs:

Star Wars____________________Western_________________LOTR____________________Other_________

Rebel Patrol On Endor_________________________________________________________________________
Nal Hutta: Taboona's Palace_____The Lone Chieftain_________Battle of Dunland___________Insectoid General
AT-RT____________________Sandwood Town Shootout_____Gollum Encounter_________________________
Bounty Hunter Starfighter_______________________________Ithilien Ranger Ambush_____________________  
   Imperial Probe Droid_______________________________Into Mordor_______________________________                
___________________________________________________Boromir's Last Stand_______________________
___________________________________________________Battle of Osgiliath__________________________

#67 rriggs

rriggs

Member: 3307

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

New pirates set - Yay!
New minfigs with great detailed torsos and hats - Yay!
Lots of accessories - Yay!
No furniture not even a bed in the jail and a chair in the tower - Boo!

Thanks for the review!

Cheers

Rog
"I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb"

#68 MillerTime

MillerTime

Member: 4409

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:51 PM

This set isn't horrible but the price should be $40 max, maybe less.  They took out an expensive baseplate from the set so aside from new pieces (which should also be used in pirate sets to come) I have no idea why it's so much...except that they know people will still pay it.

#69 metalandi

metalandi

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:29 AM

View PostGeneral Magma, on Nov 17 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

But..what's with the dynamite?! There was not any dynamite in the time of the Great-Sea pirates!  :pir-hmpf_bad:

@Metalandi: Be happy you could get it so soon, waiting till Christmas is nothing compared to the amount of time I have to wait - like 7 months!! It's horrible!!!

Well, they are also not coming out here in austria before that, but i grabbed one off bricklink. There it is even more expensive than in stores, but i couldn't resist and my parents paid it anyway. :pir-tongue:

#70 djo

djo

Member: 4414

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:31 PM

great review.
i like the modular idea.
minifigs also very cool.
the sticker issue really make flaw in this set.
TLC should make printed brick instead of sticker.
i never use sticker on brick since my ferrari f1 car's sticker stick off from its place on brick.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#71 gormadoc1

gormadoc1

Member: 4433

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

This soldiers fort is great and your reveiw was great too.

At last a great Pirate set for years. :jollyroger:
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.

#72 MillerTime

MillerTime

Member: 4409

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

Is this set really called a fort? It's a dock with a jail cell and a small tower.

#73 gormadoc1

gormadoc1

Member: 4433

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:29 PM

View PostMillerTime, on Nov 21 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Is this set really called a fort? It's a dock with a jail cell and a small tower.
Yes its called a fort because of the soldiers,but i see your point that it is a dock,so call it an armed port if you like but i beleive it is called a fort. :jollyroger:
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.

#74 RHadley

RHadley

Member: 4582

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

Lego Pirates are back, Yay!!! :pir_laugh2:

I hope that TLG release the Pirates range into UK stores before Christmas, because I really want some of those sets! I never got a chance to see the Pirates sets of the 80s and 90s because the range was axed when I was very young, so I can't wait to get my hands on the new range.
I find that if I don't have a signature, people just disregard the last few lines of my posts!

#75 Eased

Eased

Member: 4611

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

View Postsamthelegoman1, on Nov 15 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

Wow! That's a great idea! I just wish that TLC would actually make a new minifigure collection... :pir_wacko:
If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links