Small MOC ships

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic  – Started by Mile85 , Nov 10 2008 09:11 PM

#1 Mile85

Mile85

Member: 1076

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

This is my first post after a looong time.

I just opened a new account in brickshelf, there you'll find a few pictures of my ships. None of them is completed and I'll modify them later. I just used my spare parts that I had and I didn't do any planning, I just started to put pieces together. I didn't try to make them look realistic or historically accurate. Basically I built these in one night each. Pictures aren't that great but I'll try to take better pictures  someday.

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?m=Mile85

There are many parts in each ship that I'm not happy with at all. + I would have used different colours in many places but I just didn't have enoughs bricks. None of them is completed, so don't be too harsh on me.

Edited by Mile85, 10 November 2008 - 09:40 PM.

#2 Buttons

Buttons

Member: 4104

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Welcolm back  :pir_laugh2:  Nice work!
Now that you've found it, it's gone
Now that you feel it, you don't
You've gone off the rails

#3 Guss

Guss
  • One armed pirate

Member: 3895

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

hello and welcome back^^

mhh how can you say that's a nice work Buttons ? the folder is not yet public ^^

Mile85, can you please deeplink soome pics ? so we can see how it looks like while waiting for the folder to be public ?

my flickr - My website

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not? (George Bernard Shaw)

#4 Mile85

Mile85

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

I thought it's accessible right away (never had an account before). anyway..
Moc ships with original ships:

EDIT CGH: That is a nice fleet you have, but could you please resize the images to a 800 x 600 pixels maximum format?
You can check out how to do that
here.

Yes I can, but brickshelf folder is already open so it's not needed anymore.

Sorry for any inconveniences, I just thought I'll upload those pictures for a short time and remove them after the brickshelf folder is open. I'm just too lazy to resize them, sorry again  :pir-tongue:

Edited by Mile85, 11 November 2008 - 07:19 PM.

#5 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

WOW, that is IMPRESSIVE man, and about your latest MOC that you posted above: wonderfull! (just like all those others, I downloaded the pic so I can zoom in even more and look at them in peace).
:thumbup: way to go!
Only the ammount of blue baseplates is so freakin' expensive already.

Edited by zorro3999, 10 November 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#6 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat
  • Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

View PostButtons, on Nov 10 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Welcolm back :pir_laugh2: Nice work!

Could you please look next time before you post?
I consider this as spam, please don't do it again.
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#7 Guss

Guss
  • One armed pirate

Member: 3895

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

OMG you sure have a lot of ships, and they're very very very nice! I love the red ones with the cannon-sails, the blue and white sailed one is cool too! and it seems that you organized your ships in three categories " the blue, the reds, and the pirates"

so , what are they supposed to be ? ^^

my flickr - My website

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not? (George Bernard Shaw)

#8 Mile85

Mile85

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

View Postzorro3999, on Nov 11 2008, 01:43 AM, said:

WOW, that is IMPRESSIVE man, and about your latest MOC that you posted above: wonderfull! (just like all those others, I downloaded the pic so I can zoom in even more and look at them in peace).
:thumbup: way to go!
Only the ammount of blue baseplates is so freakin' expensive already.

Thanks for the nice words :) Plan was to do these ships so they blend in with the original ones. Those baseplates weren't that expensive, but it took a lot of time to get all of those... still searching for more.

View PostGuss, on Nov 11 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

OMG you sure have a lot of ships, and they're very very very nice! I love the red ones with the cannon-sails, the blue and white sailed one is cool too! and it seems that you organized your ships in three categories " the blue, the reds, and the pirates"

so , what are they supposed to be ? ^^

I just placed them like that for fun. No hidden meaning behind that. But I guess you could categorize them. You know, british, french, dutch...whatever.

I still have few more ships, but those aren't in the pictures. The Ship with the cannon sails needs a lot of improvements actually. Plan is to fit it with more sails, but those are all I have at the moment. Backside of the ship is too basic and I'll probably do it all over from a scratch.

Plan is to do also a bigger ship for spanish armada, merchant ship and a catamaran. Probably a few smaller ships too and I'll build rest of my original ships. After that I'm planning to do a couple fortresses  :pir-classic:

#9 gogobig

gogobig

Member: 2857

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:46 AM

I absolutely like your ship collection. I was thinking of doing similar thing as well, but I have to lay low on that idea for now. Are you planning on posting pics from your pirate army?

Also, just a quick question, are you a castle fan at all?
Only God will judge me

#10 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo
  • god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:01 AM

What are you smoking? This isn't bad at all. In fact, I would say this is Classic-Pirates.com frontpage material!!! So watch the frontpage.:wink:
Oh, and i think you're greedy having all those baseplates!  :pir_laugh2:

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#11 Mile85

Mile85

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

View Postgogobig, on Nov 14 2008, 08:46 AM, said:

Are you planning on posting pics from your pirate army?

Also, just a quick question, are you a castle fan at all?

I haven't thought of taking pictures of my minifigs. I have a quite good amount of soldiers, pirates and islanders. Most of them are from the sets but I have plenty of extra minifigs too.

Yeah, I like older castle sets very much and I'm collecting them too. New sets won't do the trick for me though...

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on Nov 14 2008, 09:01 AM, said:

What are you smoking? This isn't bad at all. In fact, I would say this is Classic-Pirates.com frontpage material!!! So watch the frontpage.:wink:
Oh, and i think you're greedy having all those baseplates!  :pir_laugh2:

Pirates are greedy and they like to burn everything  :jollyroger:

#12 gogobig

gogobig

Member: 2857

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:52 AM

View PostMile85, on Nov 14 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

I haven't thought of taking pictures of my minifigs. I have a quite good amount of soldiers, pirates and islanders. Most of them are from the sets but I have plenty of extra minifigs too.

Yeah, I like older castle sets very much and I'm collecting them too. New sets won't do the trick for me though...

Thst cool. I have about 20-30 piratesand 20 soldiers so far. Im thinkiing about launching a huge pirates MOC ina year or two. Right now Im focuisng on castle. I like all but the first castle serious and crusaders. Everything else is fine. Have you ever though about making a castle fleets?
Only God will judge me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links