Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
2629 replies to this topic

#1076 Marvelfan120

Marvelfan120

• yuck!

Member: 33518

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

If they bring back vader I will not watch...  However I do not think they will.  At this early a stage the producers are only throwing around ideas. If you had hear some of the ideas that get thrown around by producers you would realize that this one barly scratches the surface of how dumb some producers get...  One example is when they were making a superman movie and a producer suggested adding green to the costume...  Yeah...  Red white blue and... uh... green.
Marvel: Please kill Cap in Civil War, it'll hurt but it'll give the movie the impact it should have...

#1077 def

def

• White Reggaeist

Member: 4268

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostMarvelfan120, on 30 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

If they bring back vader I will not watch...
I don't believe this for a second. Regardless of the griping that anyone has, I would bet my house that every last person who has ever posted in a Star Wars movie topic on a Lego site will watch the movies, no matter what.

Did I review your Academy review and you've waited more than three days for a follow up after you fixed it?  PM me.  I'll get it done.

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.

My Facebook! My Tumblr My Book!

#1078 Marvelfan120

Marvelfan120

• yuck!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

View Postdef, on 01 December 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

I don't believe this for a second. Regardless of the griping that anyone has, I would bet my house that every last person who has ever posted in a Star Wars movie topic on a Lego site will watch the movies, no matter what.
bet taken...  I live in a smalish cruddy apartment and would love a house...  I'll swear off the next star wars film forever (vader or not) if those are the stakes :P
Marvel: Please kill Cap in Civil War, it'll hurt but it'll give the movie the impact it should have...

#1079 nrg

nrg

• Bothan Spy #7

Member: 11533

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

http://jedinews.co.u...spx?newsID=9607

#1080 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postnrg, on 14 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

I still hope that doesn't spoil the present Expanded Universe (es. Thrawn) :sceptic:

In addition, ruining the EU, we will lose a lot of comics as Legacy or the new DarkHorse's series that will be released on January 2013 because all of this I think it became un-canon.

My gallery on Flickr, don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

Alexander Vandangant, proud member of Avalonia in the Guilds of Historica

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Alexander "Wedge" Vandangant, proud member of the Kawashita group in Andromeda's Gates

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

#1081 nrg

nrg

• Bothan Spy #7

Member: 11533

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

NEWS on the All-new upcoming SW series.

#1082 Marvelfan120

Marvelfan120

• yuck!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postnrg, on 11 January 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

a live action series would be awesome

#1083 Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes

Member: 6261

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

This isn't Lego related, but definitely Star Wars related:

http://collider.com/...rams-star-wars/

#1084 Moexy

Moexy

Member: 28933

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I don't know if that is good news, haven't seen any star trek movie (except the newest one).
Hopefully he does a great job.
Thanx for the news :)

Edited by Moexy, 25 January 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#1085 BrickG

BrickG

Member: 31138

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

J.J. Abrams said he didn't want to direct it and would rather be a viewer in an earlier interview.

Disney, "We want you to direct our movie."
Abrams, "I don't want to direct your movie."
Disney waves hand, "You want to direct our movie."
Abrams, "I want to direct your movie."
Disney, "Move along..."

#1086 Darth Lurtz

Darth Lurtz

Member: 28631

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostBrickG, on 25 January 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

J.J. Abrams said he didn't want to direct it and would rather be a viewer in an earlier interview.

Disney, "We want you to direct our movie."
Abrams, "I don't want to direct your movie."
Disney waves hand, "You want to direct our movie."
Abrams, "I want to direct your movie."
Disney, "Move along..."
In that hand was a large wad of money.

#1087 Zaterdag

Zaterdag

Member: 35949

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the news.

This could be interesting. I enjoyed the new Star Trek movie, although I didn't like all the rediculous lens flares in the movie.
He's known to keep his projects under a tight lid so that might be really good so people don't get spoiled. I would have liked to have seen Brad Bird do it though. Any news if this is gonna be a continuation of the main story featuring Luke, Han, etc? or will it be thousands of years after the OT?

#1088 Only Sinner

Only Sinner

Member: 21171

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Star Wars spinoffs? Great, watch them make another holiday special too. :sceptic:  Abrams is really gifted though, I'll give you that.
Posted Image

#1089 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

This belongs over in the Star Wars thread in Culture and Multimedia. I don't have the power to merge it, but I'll send the topic over to that forum and another staff member can do that.

#1090 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Frankly, I'm relieved. Not only is Abrams a fan-boy, but I love that the Star Trek movie did a lot to preserve the franchise, namely by not messing with any canon material and simply having the movie in an alternate reality. Some may consider this a ridiculous hand-wave, but I find it a stroke of genius.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Heir - - - - - - - -  Exile - - - - - - - Hunter - - - - - - Assassin - - - - - - Hero

to a Prefect  - - of Duplovia - - of the Dark Lady - - of the Light - -  of Heroica

Dyric Rone

Level 32 1/4 Assassin

#1091 Young Leo

Young Leo

Member: 29250

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

If Abrams does anything close to what he did for 09 Star Trek whilst keeping the overall aura of Star Wars in, it should be well received for everyone.

Also bring John Williams back to score; nothing will be the same without him, although I wouldn't mind some new themes for this trilogy.

View PostThe Legonater, on 25 January 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

Frankly, I'm relieved. Not only is Abrams a fan-boy, but I love that the Star Trek movie did a lot to preserve the franchise, namely by not messing with any canon material and simply having the movie in an alternate reality. Some may consider this a ridiculous hand-wave, but I find it a stroke of genius.

Hopefully they don't do that for Episode VII.
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

#1092 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostLeo Crimson, on 25 January 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Hopefully they don't do that for Episode VII.

Well I'm not saying they do exactly that for Star Wars - time travel and alternate realities are not nearly as well ingrained in its mythos. All I'm saying is he has proven he can preserve canon.

Heir - - - - - - - -  Exile - - - - - - - Hunter - - - - - - Assassin - - - - - - Hero

to a Prefect  - - of Duplovia - - of the Dark Lady - - of the Light - -  of Heroica

Dyric Rone

Level 32 1/4 Assassin

#1093 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostLeo Crimson, on 25 January 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

If Abrams does anything close to what he did for 09 Star Trek whilst keeping the overall aura of Star Wars in, it should be well received for everyone.

Clearly you haven't spent any time on a Star Trek forum :laugh:.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#1094 Flipz

Flipz

• #residentmunchkin

Member: 22657

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostMr Man, on 25 January 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Speaking as a Trek fan, I complained BITTERLY when Abrams made the reboot movie, but when I finally watched it, I had to admit that, aside from a few issues with abducting Spock, I think he did a good job.  I'm disappointed that the original timeline is pretty much guaranteed to be abandoned for all future media now, but at least Star Trek Online is around.

Personally, I really hope Abrams has read a lot of Karen Traviss' work, but it's unlikely he'll be able to fix anything that TCW has broken.  (On the other hand, maybe with a new movie in the works TCW will have to settle down and conform to Abrams' vision, which would be AWESOME. :grin: :devil: ).  As long as he respects Zahn and the Dark Horse comics, I'm cool with him in charge.

Actually, I take that back, as long as he does that AND doesn't do something stupid like raising Darth Vader from the dead, I'm cool with him. :grin:

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]

#1095 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostFlipz, on 26 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Speaking as a Trek fan, I complained BITTERLY when Abrams made the reboot movie, but when I finally watched it, I had to admit that, aside from a few issues with abducting Spock, I think he did a good job.  I'm disappointed that the original timeline is pretty much guaranteed to be abandoned for all future media now, but at least Star Trek Online is around.

Actually, I take that back, as long as he does that AND doesn't do something stupid like raising Darth Vader from the dead, I'm cool with him. :grin:

Well 09 got me into ST in the first place, so the announcement didn't do anything for me at all, but no matter what the critics (read Nerds) say 09 is far superior to The Final Frontier.
And though I like STO, the lack or story in it is disappointing, oh and damn lockboxes.

The thing is that the previous films have been about Anakin / Vader, not having him in any way would really seem out of sorts.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#1096 Young Leo

Young Leo

Member: 29250

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostMr Man, on 25 January 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

So I'm guessing I'm wrong?

View PostMr Man, on 26 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

The thing is that the previous films have been about Anakin / Vader, not having him in any way would really seem out of sorts.

Agreed; they'll probably have at least a few Force Spirit cameos from Hayden Christiansen coming back to talk to his descendants, other Jedi, or whatnot.
Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

#1097 Flipz

Flipz

• #residentmunchkin

Member: 22657

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostLeo Crimson, on 26 January 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Agreed; they'll probably have at least a few Force Spirit cameos from Hayden Christiansen coming back to talk to his descendants, other Jedi, or whatnot.

I won't mind that, honestly.  (Well, Hayden Christiansen, but still.)  Vader canonically did that a fair number of times, as has Luke, so I've got no real problem with that.  It seems like the best way to deal with the "disconnect", if it's even necessary.  After all, Episode VI SHOULD have come out in 3d by that point, so the OT plot should be fresh in everyone's mind...

Edited by Flipz, 27 January 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]

#1098 The Legonater

The Legonater

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostFlipz, on 26 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Personally, I really hope Abrams has read a lot of Karen Traviss' work, but it's unlikely he'll be able to fix anything that TCW has broken.

Speaking as a Star Trek fan, I was just glad that he didn't destroy the continuity altogether. :grin:

Actually, The Essential Guide to Warfare had a decent retcon, but the fact that TCW went that far is still unnerving nonetheless.

Dyric Rone

Level 32 1/4 Assassin

#1099 Bobsy

Bobsy

Member: 30040

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostMr Man, on 26 January 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well 09 got me into ST in the first place, so the announcement didn't do anything for me at all, but no matter what the critics (read Nerds) say 09 is far superior to The Final Frontier.

Passing a stool of used hypodermic needles is far superior to The Final Frontier. It's not exactly hard. Most people that try and convince you it's an overall good film are probably trolling.
Posted Image
Cuusoo Medieval Travelling Theatre!
Lend your support here!
Eurobricks discussion here!

#1100 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but Disney have postponed the 3D release of Episodes II & III. Personally I'm not bothered by this, I just hope it doesn't mean that episodes IV, V & VI will never receive the 3D treatment. I read somewhere that 20th Century Fox still own some of the rights to Episode IV and that there may have to be some legal wrangling before Disney can do anything with it.

I really hope ANH gets a theatrical release in the next few years as I'd love for my Boy's first viewing of Star Wars to be on the big screen, 3D or not.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users