Sign in to follow this  
LegoJoe

PTV Contest Entry - Small

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 30d

This is the updated version of my small Pillage the village entry. I listened to the comments, making the sewer dirtier, and replacing the castle shield with a window and torch. I also replaced the soldier with the new 2009 type. I made sure to resize the pics this time too! :pir-sweet:

After a hard day at battle, the soldier relaxes on a comforatble toilet and is relieved that he no longer has to use the restroom in a hole in the ground. But what he doesn't realize is that the fighting is not over yet...

9275.jpg

The complete MOC

9278.jpg

Close-up of the targeted soldier

9277.jpg

The sneaky pirate

9276.jpg

The minifigs and accessories

9279.jpg

The empty bathroom

9280.jpg

The toilet's plumbing

Hope you like it!

Edited by SlyOwl

Hilarious! After reading that spies actually did that to targets, I always check before hand. :pir-grin:

What I like:

The layers in the middle a nicely done, and the trans-green pieces below are a good addition. The toilet looks good, and like it's from that time period.

What could be improved:

Some of your pieces seem a little dusty or dirty, I suggest washing them off with warm water, to give your MOC a smoother look. Your musket is a bit beat up, too, perhaps replace it if possible.

Other than the condition of your bricks (which is no big deal), you have made a really unique entry, whcih is beyond cruel. :pir-devil: Good luck!

I totally agree, I love the Idea !!! even if the toilets are not very historically accurate, but who cares ? ^^

seriously , I really loved it, very funny and nicely done , Great job :thumbup:

:pir-grin: Great entry Lego Joe! It really made me laugh!

The way you made the different layers is very nice and gives the effect of descending into the sewers you were going for. The look on the soldier's face is priceless! :pir-tongue:

A few things you could improve are:

1) The sewer looks a bit too clean. It would look much dirtier and sewer-like if you were to add some trans-green, brown, and black pieces randomly strewn about.

2) Your toilet design is great, but I would maybe recommend changing some of the brown pieces to white, so it looks more like a toilet.

Or were toilets wooden in those days? If so, disregard the last comment. I'm not an expert on olden day toilets. :pir-tongue: \

You've done a wonderful job with your entry! It captures the feel of the contest while still retaining great humor.

Fantastic work!

This is a hilariously twisted entry, joe! :pir_laugh2: The idea is very original, and you've chosen the perfect faces for the two figures. Also, I actually like the mixture of new and old grey - because in my opinion, building with different shades of grays is more realistic than using same shade everywhere. :thumbup:

The only complaint I have is minor: the shield used in the bathroom doesn’t really fit with the Pirates theme. If you replaced it with something else – say, a lantern – then that would improve the scenery. :pir-wink:

Other than that tiny little criticism, this creation is fine just as it is. :thumbup:

Thats a great entry! So funny! :pir-laugh:

What could be improved:

1. Make the sewer more dirtier.

2. Why would there be a castle shield there?

Its a great entry I love it!

My opinion:

Great! And it really represents cruelty indeed... :pir-classic: Even though a bit modern, I like your bathroom and sewer.

Possible improvements:

1) The sewer looks too clean indeed, adding a layer of brown bricks could change that.

2) Toilets looked different in those days. This is a minor point though. Wikipedia Look at the stonen ones but replace the stone by wood.

3) Maybe you could add a window or a lantern instead of the Lion shield? (Also a minor point.)

Non-brick related advise:

1) I fear some of your pics might be a bit too large (max. 800x600 or reverse), check it to be certain!

2) Add a small story (like: The pirates now tried to enter the fortress by a total different way...)and possibly a title for your MOC.

Edited by zorro3999

Opinion

I really like your PTV entry because it is really funny. I can't believe spies actually did this. I like how you tiled the bathroom floor. You used the perfect expression for the soldiers face. I would be very surprised if I got shot in the butt. I like how you made the sewers gray and having a mouse crawling down in there.

Possible Improvements

1) The sewers do look too clean. You could replace some of that gray tiling with some brown tiles and replace part of the sewer wall with brown pieces to give it a dirty affect.

2) You could add a toilet paper roll by making the guard hold a white stud.

Non-Brick Related

1) Your pictures can't be bigger than 640x480.

2) It would be nice to have a story explaining why the pirate is shooting the guard.

Overall- I can see you have put some time into your MOC and it has paid off. I really like that your MOC was really funny. There are some very minor improvements to do on your MOC.I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

My small PTV contest entry coming soon!

A truly cruel entry!

I really love the concept. :pir-wub:

Good luck with the contest!

2) You could add a toilet paper roll by making the guard hold a white stud.

They didn't have any toilet paper in that time :pir-grin: . People had two methods: use some old gazette paper or leaves, or use their hands :pir-sick: ...they cleaned them afterwards.

PS: Pictures CAN be larger then 640x480, they can be up to 800x600 ! (So he still should reduce them)

Edited by zorro3999

briliaant idea, love the facial expression, and the rat in the sewer. great job, and great imagination.

Nice improvements!

The new torch and flame look great in action.

Good work making the sewer look dirtier as well. :pir-classic:

As Zorro stated (he's obviously read the terms and conditions carefully) images can be as large as 800 x 600 pixels.

I did read the terms and conditions Mister Phes. I must have gotten confused with something different. Sorry.

I did read the terms and conditions Mister Phes. I must have gotten confused with something different. Sorry.

Probably with the Academy: down there it is 640x480 I believe :pir-classic: .

legojoe! Very well done! Those improvements you've added look superb. And AGAIN I see a new guard being killed or critically wounded :pir_bawling: . Is this because people secretly don't like the new Pirate line or because people just like the Pirates a lot more then the soldiers, I guess the second option is the most logical :pir_laugh2: !

There is really nothing left now to improve, except for even a dirtier sewer...

Hi LegoJoe, could you please tell me the name of this entry so I can correctly title this thread?

I'll title it "Unrest in the Restroom" :pir-tongue:

Thanks (in advance) for correcting it.

Hahaha :pir-laugh: Poor guy..

Different and yet evil way to kill people.

Your torso for the pirate is well chosen. It looks kinda dirty and makes me think that he's been down in the sewer crawling around.. ehm.. yummy..

The face is wellchosen for the soldier. The second i was shot in the **** I think I would have the same expression.

The new soldier torsos are great and I like you've given him his bag and ggun as well. And that he has stoved in away like that.

The toilet almost looks cosy with the small torch there - like a little home :pir-blush: And the toilet is very nice too

You've got a great MOC there, and since you've already have improved it there's much left. But:

Possible improvements

I think it would look great if you could place somekind of vegetation hanging down from floor into the sewer. That would make it even more groose to be down there. You'd get that sticky thing in your head :pir-sick:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great entry with a funny twist.

Good luck with the contest.