Your MOC certainly pleases me, Talon Karrde, I love the ladders and the minifigs look great. So does the fort and the pirate sloops
1) I think the beach looks to flat. Maybe you could add some rocks or height differences, and I also agree with Erdbeereis1' second point about the waterline.
2) One thing that disturbs me a bit, is the fact both soldiers on the wall have the same face.
3) The cannonpost looks a bit useless: it hasn't got any (more?) cannonballs and it seems it can collapse at any given minute now...why did you give it such a weakened wooden platform, and how did they get that cannon up there?
Then again, it doesn't show its weakness from the front, so maybe you really should consider taking a pic from that angle. With this pic, the cannon nearly doesn't show at all...(also see N-b advise point 1)
4) Little details: as adding a brown flagpole (imperial flag) instead of the grey one to make it look more realistic. And I would have added at least one pirate pushing one of the sloops on land.
Non-brick related advise:
1) As said, try to add more pictures to your thread. Off course only the first one counts, but it is easier for the "judges" and it might attract more attention.
2) I think a photo taken from the waterside might look better. As stated above this pic doesn't show everything as good as is possible. And you should always use the best pic for judging. Did you try taking a pic from this direction?
3) Texts and stories are easier to read if some space is left between the sentences.
Also you used some unusual words. eg. "the town was still", better would be "the town was silent". But this is only a minor issue...
Edited by zorro3999, 21 October 2008 - 11:57 PM.