• You know who

Member: 147

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:21 AM

A lot cooler than I expected.

Harry vs. the Hungarian Horntail
Posted Image

The Figures
Posted Image
All three figures are great.  I especially like Mad-Eye Moody.  His torso is fantastic for a scavenger, tinkerer, gadget guy, terrorist, punk rocker, whatever.

Another nifty torso back for Harry.

Dumbledore's torso was covered by his beard... but i'ts brand new and fantastic.  Castlers, rejoice.

The Dragon
Posted Image
It's not as bad as people say it is.  This is an evolved version of the original SYSTEM dragon.  Medieval, incompatible with much else, and jagged.

Banana claws!

The tail.

The Mountains
The left side.  Two BURPs, a bunch of dark orange bricks, some hinges.  Nice pieces.  Construction?  Make me gag.  Broom launcher?  Gag.

The back.

The right side.  Two LURPs, a bunch of dark orange bricks, some hinges.  Nice pieces.  Construction?  Make me... hey, I'm getting this odd sense of deja vu.

The back of side two.

The Stands
Posted Image
Again - bad construction.

Tip the top and the stands fall over.  This is in no way correlated to the dragon pulling at its chain.  Too bad.

FANTASTIC crest tiles.  That Hogwarts one is going to be at the head of some incredible MOCs, I can tell...

[url="http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BloodyJay/HarryPotterGoblet/GraveyardDuel/Merpeople/HungarianHorntail/101_0180.jpg"]The back of the stands.

Final Verdict: 6.9/10
Figures: 9/10
Playability: 9/10
Build: 2/10
Pieces: 9/10

The build is so poor, I couldn't rate it higher.  Great for pieces and figs, though!

Finally, coming up... Rescue From The Merpeople.

#2 keetongu

keetongu

• Brutaka seeker !!!!

Member: 440

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:41 AM

Sweet review Bloody Jay.I want it now.Mad-Eye Moody looks kinda funny.The dragon is totaly cool, no wait it is.....super!!!!!Must... get... set...
2006 proggress bar: 6/6Voyatoran 6/6Piraka 1/3Special

#3 Zane

Zane

• aka Toa Tilius !!

Member: 491

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

Looks nice, but not worth the 30. For 5 more I can get the Midgard Serpent, so it ain't worth it.....but Mad-Eye is cool....

#4 christopher110

christopher110

Member: 196

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

The sets from HP IV are all priced too high . . . (even the owner of a LEGO store agreed on that). What can we do? TLC has to pay royalty to Warner Bros and JKR........... So, the cost passed down to us, LEGO consumer.......

The dragon is 'stiff'. It doesn't have many movable joints and WHERE ARE THE ARMS? The mountains......... no comment on them (too tired to keep complaining though it's obvious that they are BURPs, haha).

There are a few things that I like about this set:
1. The tan banana-shaped claws of the dragon
2. The magnetic piece
3. The crest tiles of three schools
4. New minifig of Prof. Dumbledore and Mad-Eye Moody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users