The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus #7

167 replies to this topic

#1 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Long Ranger Constraction

Member: 486

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:23 AM

So, since it's taking me forever to compose, photograph and photoshop new issues, I'm forcing myself to keep up by writing a page a week. So The Whacker and the Walrus will now be a weekly web comic and you'll see a new page of story every Monday...I hope.

Posted Image

BrickZone.net

The Whacker and the Walrus Home

Issue #7: Imitation Anime Hinckley

It's only a page, but feel free to leave your opinion, advice, criticism, feedback... or psychotic over-zealous praise (you know who you are).

Edit: Just to clarify further: This is not the whole issue! There will be a new page to the issue every Monday. When the issue is complete, I'll take a week off and start a new one, which will see a new page each week as well and so on and so forth on down the line... :grin:

Thanks and enjoy! :sweet:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#2 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:46 AM

It's back! Finally! It's been so long I thought you might have given up...

What? Over-zealous praise? Oh um, bravo. Yes. Well done.

Very funny, although a little shorter than usual. Is that the whole comic, or is there going to be more?

And to be honest, there just wasn't the same level of violence that we've come to expect from these famous comics. :tongue:

Keep it up, I'm on the prowl for more now...

EDIT: Oh yes, almost forgot, I like the use of digital editing to do the mud splatters etc, that was a very nice touch.

Also, I hope that dragon head is just a model. I wont have dragon abuse in any comics I like to look at thank you very much. :sadnew:
:grin:

Edited by Dragonator, 20 October 2008 - 07:48 AM.

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#3 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:04 AM

View PostDragonator, on Oct 20 2008, 02:46 AM, said:

What? Over-zealous praise? Oh um, bravo. Yes. Well done.
That's only meant for one stalker person.  :look:

View PostDragonator, on Oct 20 2008, 02:46 AM, said:

Very funny, although a little shorter than usual. Is that the whole comic, or is there going to be more?
What do you not understand about new parts every week? Honestly, did you notice the picture for the issue cover hasn't appeared yet in the comic and the title has nothing to do with what's happened yet? Do I really have to explain these things? :tongue:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback. Just to clarify further: there will be a new page to the issue every Monday. When the issue is complete, I'll take a week off and start a new one, which will see a new page each week as well and so on and so forth on down the line... :grin:

#4 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Member: 126882

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

That was Bad :tongue: asss
Very funny Hinck, the funniest thing I've noticed and I dont know if anyone else has, but I think Hinckley has low selfesteem
He's the one that writes these comic and then he's the one that gets smashed :wacko:  :laugh:

#5 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 20 2008, 09:04 PM, said:

That's only meant for one stalker person.  :look:
Ah yes, I think I have a fair idea who that is too... :look: I don't suppose you've hired extra security or anything? It might be a good idea...

View PostHinckley, on Oct 20 2008, 09:04 PM, said:

What do you not understand about new parts every week? Honestly, did you notice the picture for the issue cover hasn't appeared yet in the comic and the title has nothing to do with what's happened yet? Do I really have to explain these things? :tongue:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback. Just to clarify further: there will be a new page to the issue every Monday. When the issue is complete, I'll take a week off and start a new one, which will see a new page each week as well and so on and so forth on down the line... :grin:

OK, OK, chill Hinck. We all love you, now tease us by gradually revealing each page, you big meanie. Really, to think I have to wait another week for the next page... although that said, I've already had to wait a number of months for this page. Who cares about your life, make more comics! :laugh: If you don't get to work, I'll fetch my whip. :devil:

I'm looking forward to the next page, it has been a while since the last one of these, I'm glad you've got around to resurrecting it. :sweet:

Comic ON! :thumbup:

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#6 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

Badass! Very nicely done, and I approve of the new weekly installment method, it was always so sad waiting for months and then it was over quickly. Now it can be savoured, enjoyed over and over in little bits.  :thumbup:

Hollis: Low self-esteem... our Hinck? Oh, no, it isn't that at all, it's something much more interesting called 'self-effacing humour', a powerful and entertaining tool for the public speaker (and comic maker, forum poster, etc).

Of course, the other part is that as Hinck falls in the mud, where do you look? Are you observing Copmike or Boney? No, you're staring at Hinck, just the way he likes it. :wink:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

#7 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

View PostImperialShadows, on Oct 20 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

Hollis: Low self-esteem... our Hinck? Oh, no, it isn't that at all, it's something much more interesting called 'self-effacing humour', a powerful and entertaining tool for the public speaker (and comic maker, forum poster, etc).

Of course, the other part is that as Hinck falls in the mud, where do you look? Are you observing Copmike or Boney? No, you're staring at Hinck, just the way he likes it. :wink:
Oh..I see :look: I wonder if Hinckley knows that yet :laugh: Jokes

#8 Zorro

Zorro

• Farewell Dieter!

Member: 3951

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

VERY VERY GOOD story (so far that is...)too bad it is released so slowly indeed...
Still a big  :thumbup: from me, these comics are just awesome!

#9 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

About time!  The storyline looks like it will be fun - Copmikes School for Badasses.  Wow. :laugh: Comic Gold!

:thumbup:
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

#10 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

View Posthollisbrick, on Oct 20 2008, 02:09 AM, said:

Very funny Hinck, the funniest thing I've noticed and I dont know if anyone else has, but I think Hinckley has low selfesteem
He's the one that writes these comic and then he's the one that gets smashed :wacko:  :laugh:

Indeed. I think you'll soon see entire college literature courses designed around analyzing the complex symbolism in "The Whacker and the Walrus," including a deconstruction of the author's fragile mental state.

Hinckley -- I too have tried the "I'll release smaller segments of the story on a regular basis" approach to my Unlikely Society comics. Sigh. Didn't work. I'm now a month late for my so-called "monthly comic." I hope you're more disciplined than I am!!

Oh, and the comic was great by the way. Casual swearing and slapstick comedy is pure GOLD.

#11 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

View PostJoebot, on Oct 20 2008, 10:22 AM, said:

Indeed. I think you'll soon see entire college literature courses designed around analyzing the complex symbolism in "The Whacker and the Walrus," including a deconstruction of the author's fragile mental state.

Hinckley -- I too have tried the "I'll release smaller segments of the story on a regular basis" approach to my Unlikely Society comics. Sigh. Didn't work. I'm now a month late for my so-called "monthly comic." I hope you're more disciplined than I am!!

Oh, and the comic was great by the way. Casual swearing and slapstick comedy is pure GOLD.
Thanks Joe! Since we both live in Chicago, why don't we meet? We could even do a comic crossover. We can start a comic writer's LUG. What's up?

#12 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat

• Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

And i thought this was a full issue.. :hmpf_bad:

The quality of the pics and graphics is excellent as always, guess i'll have to check back to see if the story is good. :sweet:
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#13 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

The weekly comic, is a teaser for most of us down here, whom want to find out what is the next sequence and can only view it next week.  :look:

Well, I think it's a great idea to do up such weekly comic strip. I am sure most of us whom have been following your series will not mind waiting for it, since we waited for such a long time.  :grin:

Real entertaining and enjoyable to read.  :thumbup:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#14 Scouty

Scouty

• [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:07 PM

Heh, how awesome. Beautiful pictures.

Oh, and CopMike didn't just punch him into the mud, he gave him a mud bath, free of charge!

Encore! Encore!
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#15 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Member: 1483

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:54 PM

Yes! Haha! It's here!....or not. :sceptic: A good first page, anyway. The good news is, we get to look forward to horribly senseless pain every week. It's almost better than Tom and Jerry. :wink:

Posted Image

Then again, once you start putting in flattened minifigs... :grin:
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#16 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:52 AM

Awwww, poor Hinckley!!!! :grin:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

• Bagel Heretic

Member: 1496

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

View PostImperialShadows, on Oct 20 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

Badass! Very nicely done, and I approve of the new weekly installment method, it was always so sad waiting for months and then it was over quickly. Now it can be savoured, enjoyed over and over in little bits. :thumbup:

Ahhh it all makes sense. :tongue:

View Posthollisbrick, on Oct 20 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Oh..I see :look: I wonder if Hinckley knows that yet :laugh: Jokes
:laugh:

View PostLt. Col. Thok, on Oct 20 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

About time! The storyline looks like it will be fun - Copmikes School for Badasses. Wow. :laugh: Comic Gold!

:thumbup:
I know! :laugh: , Hink will you be doing mocs in Copmikes School For Badasses? :devil:

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Oct 21 2008, 09:54 AM, said:

Yes! Haha! It's here!....or not. :sceptic: A good first page, anyway. The good news is, we get to look forward to horribly senseless pain every week. It's almost better than Tom and Jerry. :wink:

Posted Image

Then again, once you start putting in flattened minifigs... :grin:
Beating Tom & Jerry? :oh: NNNEEEEVVVVEEEEERR!!!!!!!! :sing:  :tongue: [btw I remember that episode...and thats a funny pic]

Oh and I realy like the comic...Whats with this 1 page a week torture!? :sadnew:

#18 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:48 AM

View PostDarth_Legois, on Oct 20 2008, 09:10 PM, said:

Beating Tom & Jerry? :oh: NNNEEEEVVVVEEEEERR!!!!!!!!
Hey now, let the man speak! :laugh:

#19 Scouty

Scouty

• [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:04 AM

View PostDarth_Legois, on Oct 20 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

Oh and I realy like the comic...Whats with this 1 page a week torture!? :sadnew:

Apparently, Hink's new torture device is suspense :tongue: .

Though, it's totally acceptable. I know of some other web comics that supposed to update every whenever, except that they never meet that whenever date. It's posted whenever. That's true if MAWW followed a schedule before?
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#20 Commander Andrew of 501 st

Commander Andrew of 501 st

Member: 1858

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:27 AM

Bravo! Very funny yet short strip Hink.
Why you keep hitting your self? :tongue:  Haha
I seriously never knew that frenchies could levitate!,Levitational studies must of been big back in the 19th century. :grin:
Damn pixies dust that Boney got was suppost to make him stay down. :laugh:  :wink:
(sorry about the pun and bad humor)

Bionicle Winter 2009 Sets:Gladitorian: 3/6 Agori: 1/6 Titans: 1/2
Back into Starwars theme
Power Miners is meh
Pirates RRRRrrr! all good

My Flickr

#21 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 20 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

Thanks Joe! Since we both live in Chicago, why don't we meet? We could even do a comic crossover. We can start a comic writer's LUG. What's up?

Crossover! Yeah, that would be a blast, like that "JLA / Avengers" comic from a few years back. We definitely should try to do something like that.

A comic writer's LUG? I'd say a "comic writer's mental hospital" would be more helpful. I was taking some pictures last night for my comic, and the stupid *&%$-ing mini-figs KEPT FALLING OVER, and I was ready to put my fist through a wall, and I had one of those moments where you sorta step back from yourself and take stock of the situation, and I realized ... I'm taking pictures of toys so that I can tell silly little stories with them. Why am I getting so angry??

#22 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

Hmmm. It's off to a good start... but it's missing something. "The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus"  :grin:

How many pages will this one be?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#23 Lego12

Lego12

• Kill'n George

Member: 3422

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:51 PM

:laugh: Your comics are hilarious! I can't wait for you to release more! You have a real talent, Hinckley! :thumbup:
"One without strength is one without purpose."

"You never know, until you know."

-Lego12

#24 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

View PostSinner, on Oct 22 2008, 01:55 AM, said:

Hmmm. It's off to a good start... but it's missing something. "The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus"  :grin:

How many pages will this one be?
Yea but no one cares though.. :tongue:

#25 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

Wow! I actually did it. I updated the comic with another page! Enjoy:

Page 2 of Issue #7

Reply to this topic