Ye Olde Pirate, on Oct 17 2008, 12:47 PM, said:
It's very good. The naked lady? Err, I don't know what to say about that.
Hahahaha. Speechless. In my opinion you need to:
1. Detail the interior of the ship and you won't have to tile the sides.
2. Loose the ropes - their position contradicts usual mooring rope systems.
3. Replace the tiles on the dock with 1x1 tiles of different shades of grey and black. It would just look more cobblestone and random.
4. Change the top deck into a non-SNOT one. that way my next improvement will be easier and I think it would be nice to see some ornamental railing.
5. Don't have the mast directly in the centre and if you do, move the gangplank. They can't walk onto the ship right into a mast!
6. Get rid of one of the boxes on the side of the mast. At the moment, the whole ship looks symetric and I think this would greatly help that.
But I think you did well, especialy by:
1. Making use of log bricks as timber. (I challenge you to make a realistic shaped bow with that method.
2. Using roof tiles on the dock to make the join smoother.
3. Building awesome swivel canons. They rock!
You really have done a great entry though, and make these improvements and it will be perfect.