Your MOC looks fantastic, but so far it seems you only build the background, because I think it lacks action and cruelty.
But you have a very nice "base" to start with, add or change a few things and I think you will even be eligible to win a prize !
I especcialy like some of the minifigs, the fire, the docks and the doorway.
1) Add more action: some additional soldiers (dead or alive), more pirates and victims, an animal or 2, ....
2) WE WANT MORE BLOOD, GUTS AND INTESTINES !!! Please give us some
3) I have doubts about the function of the ...err..."guardhouse": it doesn't look that good and real to me, (just MHO though).
4) Add more scary/scared faces: let the pirates be cruel and ugly and the victims should be crying for help!
(I don't know about any limitations you might have regarding this, but if you have others, then give it a try! Experiment!)
5) There are small spaces between some of your bricks (I am referring to the wall).
Push a bit harder on top of them to eliminate those.
Non-brick related advise:
1) FOLLOW THE RULES regarding the pictures: if you don't you might/will be disqualified ! DA RULES
Your pictures are way too large BTW ! Respect the maximum of 800x600.
2) Watch your grammar and the way you construct your sentences. Maybe you could use an (online) dictionary or translation tool.
Eg. One member of the once peaceful village now run by pirates writes...
I think this could be done a lot better, but since English is my second language as well, I do not dare to give advise about how to improve it.
3) Add, as Erdbeereis suggests, one pic containing an overview of the entire MOC.
Keep building, make some improvements and have fun with the contest !
Edited by zorro3999, 11 October 2008 - 03:17 PM.