that's a really really nice and accurate moc, 10/10 , no wait.. 15/10 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well, for being "out of the game" for some time, this looks incredibly good. I could not guess that it would be a first one after a time of not-building.

How long were your Dark Ages? :wink: Sadly the dark ages seem to be something all (or at least the very most) of us must go through...

BUT WE ALWAYS COME BACK :grin:

Please build some more and I eagerly await the fresh pics...

Thanks for the kind compliments!

The vehicle is 30,8 cm (38,5 stud) long. I used decals from a Tamiya 1:20 model kit. It was expensive for just a sticker sheet, and the decals don't hold well, so this is also the last time I use these. They are not exactly on scale with the vehicle. I don't know wich scale it is actually. I used some old building instructions from a model kit (also Tamiya, also 1:20, but much older (1976, used by my father)), some formula 1 magazines and pictures from project34.co.uk. I also used the one built by roscopc as a reference (thanks for that).

Well, I think I went into my dark age around 2000. Because of the juniorization, and because of my age. I was twelve at the time, thinking of being too old for LEGO (now I know better :wink: ) In the summer of 2007, I bought a MISB 8880. That was the set that ended my dark age. Soon after that I discovered the AFOL community.

Edited by Richie

Well, I think I went into my dark age around 2000. Because of the juniorization, and because of my age. I was twelve at the time, thinking of being too old for LEGO (now I know better )

Sadly thinking we are too old for Lego is the most common reason for people to enter their Dark Ages... We live in a very intollerant and competitive society :look:

Good you found the road to Legoville back though !

Nice work, i remember the Tamiya kit and this looks just like it! :thumbup:

Did you clean up the bricks before applying the decals?

They should stay put if the bricks are degreased i think..

May i ask where you got just the sticker sheet? I'm thinking on using them on my tank.

I ordered the sticker sheet in a local hobby model building shop (don't know the exact English word). I knew about the kit, so I asked if I could get a replacement sheet. After a few months waiting they arrived. They had to be shipped from Japan, that's why they were so expensive.

I've upload some extra pictures, mainly from the cockpit, so they can be seen at Flickr and Brickshelf (when moderated).

overview2.jpg

For more pics: see my signature.

This used to be my favourite F1 car as a kid; I had a thing for 6 wheel cars... :blush: (The other 6 wheeled car that I used to love was the Panther 6.) It's a great job too! :wub:

Is the photo lighting deliberate? It's an interesting effect...

My first MOC since I left my dark age. Feedback is welcome.

More pics soon.

Very nice. I saw it on flickr yesterday or the day before. I like it. It's got a very nice shape and you have spent a lot of attention to the details.

Cheers,

Ralph

I also used the one built by roscopc as a reference (thanks for that).

You're welcome Richie :tongue:

I've missed your thread before but with the new technic&model forum I found your nice creation :thumbup:

I hope to see other F1 cars in this scale soon.

Ahh, the mighty Tyrrell P34. My dad still has a picture of it going around (i believe) the Maracco GP. Outlawed due to it kicking so much megablocks!

Great looking moc! Are both front axles linked toeghter, or are they free? IS there any way to control the sterring?

Thanks everyone! :classic:

Are both front axles linked toeghter, or are they free? IS there any way to control the sterring?
They are linked together with an axle with some gears. The real P34 had different steering angles, but there was not much space to realize that, so I decided to use the same angle. With another solution the first axle steering angle was twice as big as the second one. Too big difference, I think. The steering wheel is connected with another axle, and with the help of a rubber belt the car steers. However, the steering works better if I move the wheels with my hand, due to resistance. If I steer with the car free of the ground, it works.
I hope to see other F1 cars in this scale soon.
I don't know if I will do that. I like the P34 mostly cause of it's radical concept. There were more six-wheelers, but they didn't make it to the GP's. And they are not as beautiful as the P34. First I wanted to build the second version with the full body, because I think it's the most beautiful version (without the offset front wheels and front radiators). But I decided to build the older version, cause now you can see the engine. Maybe I build a remote controlled version in the future, but I'm not sure if there's enough space to put a diff, gears, battery box and two PF motors...
Is the photo lighting deliberate? It's an interesting effect...
Yes, it is. With thanks to my sister. I'm sorry for the late reaction. Edited by Richie