Sign in to follow this  
CP5670

Black Hole Mk. II

Blacktron II flagship carrier that launches Scorpion fighters. The hangar and front canopy doors
are powered by pneumatic pistons and the main cannon on the bottom can turn and pitch. The Scorpions fold up to fit inside the hangar, which contains docking bays and service vehicles. The interior consists of a cockpit, a navigation area, weapons control hub, command room, science lab, heavy weapons storage and 20 Blacktron troopers. The original model was built in 2008 and updated with modern parts and techniques in 2022.

Edited by CP5670

Oo I love it , I like it shape, I like how you built a nice interior, and the hangar :wub: :wub: :wub: , 10/10 for me.

This is so cool!

Very impressive in both size and details, something most builders do not achieve in tandem. The Blacktron II scheme works well in this style. and the dark light version has such a sweet spacey feel.

The ship seems sort of compressed though and I don't understand the long skinny wings at all. Something this size doesn't need them in atmospheric conditions so I assume they are more for the weapons and for looks than use in which case the ship seems so fat and stubby when compared. Of course that is just minor in the overall coolness and I am sure there are multiple factors in settling on this design.

This MOC really shines in the interior areas. It has both a practical placement of items and greebles and also keeps a scifi mobile space base feel. The extras, furniture, weapons, lights, computers, and the mobile robot add so much class to this.

Congrats on 2nd place!

Well, well, I havent seen such large and well-made Blacktron spaceship for a long time, I really like the interior and your small Blacktron II army that comes with it, including the wide array of homebuild weapons you have given them.

The four fighters, carried by your "carrier" unit look very nice too, and the carrier itself is a piece of art.

Congratulations with you second place (next time maybe better :classic: ) :thumbup:

I hope to see more Blacktron creations in the near future !

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you liked it. :classic:

The ship seems sort of compressed though and I don't understand the long skinny wings at all. Something this size doesn't need them in atmospheric conditions so I assume they are more for the weapons and for looks than use in which case the ship seems so fat and stubby when compared. Of course that is just minor in the overall coolness and I am sure there are multiple factors in settling on this design.

Yes, the shape was designed more with looks than realism in mind. The somewhat stubby appearance and the long width were sort of intentional, in order to fit in with the general style of official Blacktron II models. One thing I always liked about BT2 was its unique design style and how they kept it consistent across the theme, so I tried to maintain that look and feel here. :classic:

This MOC really shines in the interior areas. It has both a practical placement of items and greebles and also keeps a scifi mobile space base feel. The extras, furniture, weapons, lights, computers, and the mobile robot add so much class to this.

Thanks, I spent a lot of time decorating the hangar area in particular. Apart from the main doors, there are several smaller hatches on top to let you play around inside.

Congratulations with you second place (next time maybe better)

The first place model was actually a runaway winner and easily beat everything else. :tongue: I was pretty surprised to have even gotten that close though, given some of the other models that were there.

Edited by CP5670

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you liked it. :classic:

Seriously, did you actually think anyone wouldn't? :wink:

This really is a great ship. The overall look is a really imposing one, full of intimidation, and for a capital ship, that's quite a good thing. And my does it look big. I've always wanted to try and build something huge, but I don't really have the time... or the space.

The details here are very nice as well. The four fighters are great, and the support vehicles are cool, as is the myriad of weaponry. The whole cockpit is neat, and I do rather like that railing there.

You know what? It's just really, really good.

Yeah, the intimidating look is precisely what I was going for here, since these are the bad guys after all. :wink:

I put in that railing on the bottom level since the big transparent panel doesn't reach all the way up to the floor when it's closed. Wouldn't want the pilots to fall in there during a high G maneuver. :grin:

Wow, that is one big Blacktron ship... :thumbup:

Can we have a comparrisson to your Mediator?

Great job, I look forward to more! :cry_happy::grin::sweet::laugh:

Here is one from the Brickfair event, where they were set up next to each other. (although the other ship looks smaller in comparison than it actually is, due to the angle the picture was taken at) Edited by CP5670

wow f*** , it's way bigger than I thought :oh: :oh: I want it ! ^^

I did, especially since I build kind of slowly in general. :tongue: The total time was roughly 16 months, although most of that work was done during the the last two summers.

Edited by CP5670

I browsed your galleries and I found this :

bf03.jpg

do you have more views of these ship ? do you know who built these ? they seems nice too !

Yeah, those PCS ships were quite awesome and were exquisitely detailed. I'm not sure who the builder was though. They weren't there at the 2008 event.

too sad :cry_sad: I wanted to see more pics of these !

This model got second place in the public voting polls at BrickFair 2008.

is this one was in the leaderboard too ?

who was first ? ^^ because with your amazing ship I don't really know how you didn't finished first :P

Wow. Just, wow.

I love it, the tri-wing design, the hangar, all the Blacktroneyness. Amazing job.

hegiantisopod128630660826377119.jpg

I browsed your galleries and I found this :

bf03.jpg

do you have more views of these ship ? do you know who built these ? they seems nice too !

WOW, those are so nice, I quickly browsed his galleries too, but I must have overlooked those magnificent ships!

Great find Guss :thumbup: !

And a big :thumbup: for the builder as well.

A very impressive work in a wonderful design (almost a little retro-futuristic if I´m allowed to say so),

with a smart approach to functionality and a very detailed interior. :thumbup:

too sad :cry_sad: I wanted to see more pics of these !

is this one was in the leaderboard too ?

who was first ? ^^ because with your amazing ship I don't really know how you didn't finished first :P

I think this won first place in the public voting category. Still, getting that far was a lot more than I expected, as there were several models there that I thought were more impressive than mine. The Technic functionality on this one probably set it apart in people's eyes. I was standing around it for hours and messed around with the pneumatics and turret whenever I saw a group of people crowding around it. :grin:

As for the PCS ships, at least one of them was probably near the top at the 2006 event. I can't remember now though. The space section that year was massive, quite a bit larger than this year, and took up half of the display area on its own. Hopefully we'll get a bigger turnout next year in space.

A very impressive work in a wonderful design (almost a little retro-futuristic if I´m allowed to say so),

with a smart approach to functionality and a very detailed interior.

That probably comes from the Blacktron colors to a large extent. :wink: I always liked the dynamic, high contrast colors in the old space models more than the "realistic" style that the Star Wars line started and is common today.

Looks like an Imperial Shuttle to me :laugh:

Great work.. the sheer size and design of that thing is truly amazing :wub:

Lambda-class_shuttle.png

When I first saw it I thought about the Imperial Shuttle also. I must say that it is awesome in so many ways.