Sign in to follow this  
Erdbeereis

Japanese Garden

indexed.gif

Now for my latest MOC, Japanese Garden.

It is relaxing garden filled with flowers and trees, plus a soothing waterfall.

Thanks, and enjoy! :classic:

new_lego_1_022.jpg

new_lego_1_023.jpg

new_lego_1_024.jpg

new_lego_1_025.jpg

new_lego_1_026.jpg

new_lego_1_027.jpg

new_lego_1_028.jpg

new_lego_1_029.jpg

new_lego_1_030.jpg

new_lego_1_031.jpg

new_lego_1_032.jpg

new_lego_1_033.jpg

Flickr Page

Thanks! :classic:

As usual, your MOC is as great as is his creator's skills.

I love the waterfall and the flowers color combination. The rocks look great.

Maybe just the bridge could be a little, little, little itsie bitsie bit better, by e.g. adding some tiles and /or details?

9.5/10 from me

Nice work "Erdie".

I really like the waterfall and the stream.

What a great way to use trans-clear plates and more. :thumbup:

By far, I believed this is one of your most outstanding mocs, I had seen from you. :thumbup:

The entire moc is done in a very creative manner, with different parts using together to illustrate the beautiful scenery. It's looks real great. I had always enjoyed viewing Japan's mocs. With the trans-plates to form up the waterfall, sakura flowers, rock formation, mini bridge and shed are some notable areas. Very good job. :sweet:

I'm scared. I can't find the hidden ninja. You DID put a hidden ninja in this MOC, right? You have to! Its Japanese! There are always ninjas!

On a more serious note, I liked it a lot. The pink flowers fit perfectly for this garden, and also make a perfect place for a pink ninja to hide. The way you overlapped the clear tiles in the water also made it much more realistic, but I must ask what that little building is supposed to be. Is it supposed to lead to something else, or is it a bathroom?

I'm scared. I can't find the hidden ninja. You DID put a hidden ninja in this MOC, right? You have to! Its Japanese! There are always ninjas!

On a more serious note, I liked it a lot. The pink flowers fit perfectly for this garden, and also make a perfect place for a pink ninja to hide. The way you overlapped the clear tiles in the water also made it much more realistic, but I must ask what that little building is supposed to be. Is it supposed to lead to something else, or is it a bathroom?

Well, there are two samurai type guys, but they are not exactly hidden...

The hut can be anything you want. I imagine it as either a storage shed, or a tea house. :tongue:

Very nice MOC, Erdbeereis, very peaceful, or "zen". The water and fall are done beautifully, excellent idea of using the clear plates on the blue plate underneath. I also like how you didn't SNOT the water, the studs give more texture in this case. The flowers are also good and plenty, I like how you mixed light pink, dark pink, and white. I also like the lily pads. The stone path, bonsai trees, and rock formations are very well done, and all of these parts of nature give your MOC a very peaceful look, and the fisherman helps. A couple things that I am not too fond of in this, however, are the samurai and the shed behind him. Of course, this is only a personnel nitpick, but I think they both take away from the nature and nirvana of this MOC. Maybe you could improve the shed by giving it a curved roof? But altogether, an excellent piece of work, I always enjoy Japanese/ Chinese creations. :wub:

Nice work Strawberry! I really like the tiles on top of the blue base plate, gives the stream a real 'flow'. I find the bridge to be a little dainty for the MOC however a larger one would detract from the overall creation due to the impact it would have. Im finding the photos a little too white, is this from the editing software?

I like the figs, though a shot without hats might show their faces a little clearer. Dont get me wrong, I really like the overall creation, just trying to get a handle on some small features.

I also agree with Jim and think maybe a curved roof would be better, maybe building up tiles to give it a curved appearance.

Thanks for sharing! :classic:

Nice work Strawberry! I really like the tiles on top of the blue base plate, gives the stream a real 'flow'. I find the bridge to be a little dainty for the MOC however a larger one would detract from the overall creation due to the impact it would have. Im finding the photos a little too white, is this from the editing software?

I like the figs, though a shot without hats might show their faces a little clearer. Dont get me wrong, I really like the overall creation, just trying to get a handle on some small features.

I also agree with Jim and think maybe a curved roof would be better, maybe building up tiles to give it a curved appearance.

Thanks for sharing! :classic:

Yes, I am still working on understanding photo editing programs a bit better, so that's why some of the pictures are a bit washed out.

I purposely hid their faces a bit to give them more of a mysterious look.

That's a good idea with the curved roof, I didn't think of that. I may try that in a future MOC.

I appreciate the comments everyone!

This is an awesome Moc!

I love the nice style of the japanese garden. With all the flowers an this nice river it's really perfect.

Think of that: For the next project, you could build a japanese house and connect it with this garden :wink:

greetings Star-Sam

What a peaceful MOC this is.

The waterfall worked out really well Erdbeereis. Great job!

The fisherman is a neat touch. For me, he is what makes this MOC truly zen.

Great work, keep it up!! :thumbup:

Errorist

I agree, quite an outstanding MOC. I love the water feature, it's quite calming, as are the flowers. Great work over all, keep it up!

-Zeph

This is a great MOC. I could certainly live there (assuming it was me-sized and had what I needed to live).

Just one issue:

Well, there are two samurai type guys, but they are not exactly hidden...

They are quite obviously not Samurai. How can I tell? Samurai always carry niten - two swords. That is the mark of the samurai.

just one issue:

They are quite obviously not Samurai. How can I tell? Samurai always carry niten - two swords. That is the mark of the samurai.

That's why I said Samurai type guys. :tongue:

Thanks guys!

That's an amazing MOC, Erdbeereis1! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it.

It's so extremely detailed :oh: and shows a so lovely and calm atmosphere with the little lake, the little river, the waterfall, all the plants and the landscape in general. The most I like the little bridge.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Dear Erdbeereis1,

that is an amzingly peacefull MOC!

The one guy has a really big tool for weed cutting. :wink:

I really like the waterfall and stream, they are nicely done.

Indeed a good place for icecream.

Kind regards,

Teddy