Klaus-Dieter

How did you like the CW movie? And how do you like the Lego CW sets?

67 members have voted

1. 1. How did you like the CW movie at the cinema this summer?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding
  2. 2. And how do you like the Lego CW sets?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

Hello everybody! :sweet:

I thought that it surey would be very interesting to know whether you liked the CW movie in the cinema this summer and how much you like the Lego CW sets.

So please vote.

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

BTW: I didn't know whether to put this topic here, in the SW subforum or in the Community subforum. I chose this subforum since this topic is in my opinion general discussion, too. But if it belongs somewhere else please remove it - thanks. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Hello everybody! :sweet:

I thought that it surey would be very interesting to know whether you liked the CW movie in the cinema this summer and how much you like the Lego CW sets.

So please vote.

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

BTW: I didn't know whether to put this topic here, in the SW subforum or in the Community subforum. I chose this subforum since this topic is in my opinion general discussion, too. But if it belongs somewhere else please remove it - thanks. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Well, this actually isn't the Community forum. Since this is theme-specific, it should go it the theme's forum. Otherwise, if it ends up being a topic about the movie, it'll go in Culture & Multimedia. Thanks.

I thought the CW was fine, but it ruined itself by being put in theaters. Lucas should have known that any non-Pixar CGI movie is going to get horrible ratings, Star Wars or not. instead, they should have made a big deal about it and had some big TV airing and released it to CD.

As for the CW sets, they're great. :classic: Expensive, yes. But cool. I never thought I'd like the Gunship so much, but when I built it I was suprised by how much more movie-accurate it was.

I thought the CW was fine, but it ruined itself by being put in theaters. Lucas should have known that any non-Pixar CGI movie is going to get horrible ratings, Star Wars or not. instead, they should have made a big deal about it and had some big TV airing and released it to CD.

As for the CW sets, they're great. :classic: Expensive, yes. But cool. I never thought I'd like the Gunship so much, but when I built it I was suprised by how much more movie-accurate it was.

My thoughts exactly. Had they released the film on TV it would've gotten good ratings, and been appreciated by more people, but when people pay $7 for a ticket to a theater they want a great experience, and the Clone Wars was not even close to the other films, or even standard summer flicks.

Clone wars sets? Uber. They're great; they could use a few mods, and they're expensive, but they're good choices and good builds, for the most part.

I enjoyed the film and voted above average. However, I also agree with CC, Lucas should have just put it on TV rather than putting it in the theatres. Maybe if he'd used another subplot like the Malevolence one yet kept the Christophsis battle, it would have been better.

The sets themselves are really well designed - I can't think of a complaint for any of them. :thumbup:

I never saw the movie, but voted below-average based on what I have heard. I love the sets a lot. I have three of them, and want a couple more. My only complaint is like many others, which is that there aren't very many clones in the sets. I heard the movie had a weak story and was just not very good.

Well I really enjoyed the movie so I vote "Above Average" :tongue: , I think that the story is good "Rescue the Jabba´s son", I think that a good plot or at least a good idea. The only think that seems wrong to me is how the movie abuse of the comedy, the star wars saga have their funny moments but this movie had a lot of them maybe too much :laugh: .

The CW sets are just great, all of them seem well designed and I want to buy some of them (The bad thing is that my country don´t carry them (The only new set I have seen is the V-19 :cry_sad: ) and commonly are very very overpriced :thumbdown: ).

The movie was above average, it however when compared to all the other Star Wars movies was not on its usual standard. Plot and action all very predictable, mind you they had very strict guides and story to follow.

The "youngling" was an obvious attempt to get the female fans interested in the series.

All said and done, I found it entertaining with a few "cool" moments but walking out of the cinema, I could not help but feel I had just watched a collection of videos from a computer game.

As for the Lego, very nice but too expensive (above average), perhaps I would buy them on sale.

Regards Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

The movie was godawful. Lucas is determined to ruin his own saga as much as humanly possible.

The LEGO sets are good, though, I liked most of them. Not my favorite sets, and a little expensive, but not bad.

The movie was quite good but it could have provided some more information, for example why the *+~# Magnaguards use Utapauan fighters long before the CIS invaded Utapau.

For th sets I think they are OK, one of the better loads of Star Wars sets but the could have had some more Clonetroopers (luckily the battlepacks will come) and I just HATE the fact that my local TRU did not have the TX-130 tank when I tried to buy it today!

The clone wars movie was quite interesting but not much action.It will be a mivie for kids and phase 1 clone lovers.Like me! :classic: The sets were very nice,but there were too little clones in it and they were very pricey for this movie.

The movie was quite good but it could have provided some more information, for example why the *+~# Magnaguards use Utapauan fighters long before the CIS invaded Utapau.

For th sets I think they are OK, one of the better loads of Star Wars sets but the could have had some more Clonetroopers (luckily the battlepacks will come) and I just HATE the fact that my local TRU did not have the TX-130 tank when I tried to buy it today!

Read this it may clear up some things.

As for me, gentlemen, I liked the movie. No really. ) After seeing it for the first time I thought that it was awful. Some computer game videos, as someone correctly and accurately said here.... I was practically forced ( :laugh: ) to go to the theater for the second time, and, hey, I liked it! ) :laugh:

If you start paing attention to details it looks great! ) Especially the two battles. ) CIS Army is great! )

But the only thing that bothers me is that there has not been a single time in SW films or cartoons when the droids won! :hmpf_bad: I mean, all of them are talking so much about CIS having capotured platets, trade routes etc.... But all the time we see thef failing in battles! Droids behave stupidly even for machines and too many comical moments with them, really.... You see, the point is that CIS should be a frightening power, a power able to tear the Republic to pieces. Instead we see lots of junk-droids, not even able to silense 4(?) heavy cannons! Blast it, they lost an entire world because of that!? One droid bomber or a gunship could wipe out those pathetic republicans with these Jedi.... :hmpf_bad:

As for the sets, I love them! ) :wub: Especially clone battle-pack. )

BUT What's up with my fav' AAT!? The colours are nice, but I'd prefer to see the epI variant. Plus droid battle pack is weak. I wish they made a new B1, B2 battle-pack. ) Say, 4 B1 straight-armed droids (two normal, one security, one pilot) with NORMAL weapons, 2 B2 droids, and say, a droideka with some small scenery.... The rest are awesome, especially The Spider Droid. ) :wub:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

exelent topic, I wanted to start one like this, but couldn't figure out how to make a poll.

I voted average on both questions, for the kids it must be great, but for the old fans, the older the better it still seems.

What I really wonder is that people mix the CW sets with the regular set, since I bought none of the CW sets, I don't know what I would do.

I have not seen the movie, is it good?

Edited by LegoKing

I have not seen the movie, is it good?

This IS the topic title.

If you want to ask questions about the movie, then go to the Community section where it's being discussed.

I voted "Above average" for both.

The Sets

I have the AT-TE and the RGS and I think they are much better than the last release. The AT-TE should have been articulated and I'm perplexed about the Bacta Tank in the RGS, but I have no major complaints about either set. The nose art for the RGS is beautiful....

DSC00167es.jpg

The Movie

I enjoyed this way more than Episode III. So many things have been done right at last. For example;

1. Jedi have been shown to beat the destroyer droids
  2. The Super Battle Droids were given a deeper voice
  3. The AT-TE gets more screentime
  4. The droids have good dialog at last

I have been stunned at how badly this has been insulted in reviews. (On the other hand, I didn't like Dark Knight and that got good reviews... But that's a bit off topic!) As Mr. Mandalorian said, people expect a cinema CGI movie to be something, and it seems they didn't want this. For me however it was what I expected. I found the character design a bit odd, but I soon got over it. The battles made more sense than most of the previous movies, and the clones are given a bigger role. I also thought the voice actors were very good; I was unsure if some were real or not while watching it! :tongue: I'd rather watch a CG Anakin anyday; I never liked Hayden Christensen's performance. (Ewan McGregor is another story...) Since most of the lightsaber fights were CG enhanced (not to mention the sets, ships and actors) they might as well do all future Star Wars movies this way! :grin:

Thank you all very much for your votes and comments! :sweet:

When I look at the results I followed the crowed:

According to the movie I voted for Below Average:

Yes, it included a plot, but this plot was so simple that - please excuse me - every brain-minded person could follow it :hmpf: . It was simply boring since there was indeed a lot of battles (which should imo be included since otherwise it's no Star Wars), but nearly the whole plot did consist of them which took away their "charm" and function :thumbdown: . I know that the movie should purposely be done in cartoonish style, but this style was/is simply :sick: .

To summarize: This movie can't be compared to episode 1-6 since it was simply bad. I have the impression that - in addition with the TV series soon - it was only done for commercial reasons but not because someone had a good idea for an interesting, charming and convincing plot.

According to the Lego CW sets I voted for Above Average/Outstanding (I regrettably know any longer since I voted more than a week ago :sad: ):

Althought I don't buy these sets and are a bit angry that TLG at the moment seems to concentrate mainly on these CW sets (and doesn't care much about its OT fans), I must say that TLG did an excellent job with these sets. They are very well designed and include a lot of playability, nice additional stuff and a great minifigure selection. :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I have $71 and I don't know what to buy, I was considering the V-19 torrent, but that only has one fig. I also want the Sepratist Spider Droid, but the Spider droid is messed up, not to mention 200 pieces for $30. The movie was too kiddish if you know what I mean.

Well, as for the movie as a whole, i was really dissapionted :sceptic: This is the first of the clone wars i have seen, but it was really not starwarsy enough for me.I think the character choice of ashoka was good, but not in the eyes of true star wars fans.I have always felt the role of a Jedi Knight was a great responcability (sp?), not a right.It was a Very honoured role in the galaxy.I felt that all the respectfulness of jedi's was thrown in my face.The movie was definatly for a younger age group. 6-10 mabye, the last ones, however, were universal.

The entire movie was incredably user-friendly.By that i mean it didn't make you think much about it.It was a 'been there and done that' movie, which i really hate.

As for the New Sets, i think they're great.They're well designed and look cool.But, i'm anti-clone-wars and anti-anything not in the original 6 movies, hence, i don't buy the CW sets, but i admit they look great.

I think Tartakovsky had it right with his Clone Wars shorts for Cartoon Network a few years ago. The story arcs were engaging, better written, with the humor much more subdued, but still fitting for Star Wars. The new movie, and I'm asssuming the upcoming series, was obviously written for a much younger crowd. The attempts at humor were not very clever, and were so frequent and blatant as to lose their impact, rendering them not funny at all. As mentioned, Ahsoka was written more as a generic spunky, headstrong teenager than as someone who would have been trained from a young age in a stoic order, as the Jedi have always been portrayed. The cutesy nicknames between Anakin and Ahsoka didn't work for me and seemed forced and , well, just plain inappropriate. Had the two gone through the whole movie addressing each other by name or by titles, and reverted to more familiar nicknames through the course of the series, I think it would have worked better, and felt more natural. The nicknames themselves left me feeling icky inside...why George, why?

I'm quite pleased with the CW sets. Sure, there will always be nitpickerings about these sets, or any licensed sets, for that matter, but on the whole, I think TLG did good. For my own criticism, I think it would have been cool if the AT-TE had a flexible center section like its movie incarnation. Some folks have complained about the legs, but I like the new version's, as the original's fell apart quite easily when repositioned. It was a good compromise IMHO, and the new one has much better ground clearance. To counter my criticism, and end on a positive note, I love the new RGS..in every way, an improvement on an already great model( the original was , and still is, an awesome set). In fact, The LEGO sets spawned from the prequels are, to me, the best things about them...I'm an OT guy; the prequels just seemed "off" in so many ways to me, apart from some poor acting/ actor choices., and terrible dialog. Anyway, I'll be happy to add sets from any Star Wars incarnation to my collection if they are designed with the same detail and skill as the '07, '08 sets ( yeah, even the ugly Twilight has its merits).

Edited by M'Kyuun

As for the New Sets, i think they're great.They're well designed and look cool.But, i'm anti-clone-wars and anti-anything not in the original 6 movies, hence, i don't buy the CW sets, but i admit they look great.

Some might argues that the Original movies are EP IV,V & VI.