Sign in to follow this  
Skorpius47

HUGE Agents MOCs, Mods, and Digital Designs thread. (Image Intense)

Be warned, this is a huge post.

Introduction

I believe it began in late 1999 when my interest in LEGO was dwindling. After 14 years of being alive in a world where LEGO existed, I finally put my entire collection aside to make room for maturity, focusing on socialization instead of "playing with toys." It was only a couple of years later that I went back to my LEGO collection to sort them out, thinking I could get back into it as a hobby since it was much easier and open-ended than buying scale model kits (a growing interest of mine at the time). When I began my sorting, I can across live maggots among my bricks, which was ultimately the end of my collection. After being throughly washed, I handed them down to my cousin to inspect so he can pass them down to his son (a common practice in my family). They went to a rightful place; his son became an avid LEGO fan. Which then brings me to the present. Now that I've "grown up" and became an adult, I was able to rightfully return to my LEGO hobby, this time starting fresh and packed with the income of a decent paying job as well as few financial obligations.

It started when I started browsing a general toy collection website. Through the nostalgia filled threads of G.I. Joes and Transformers, LEGO would come up here and there and my interest would always perk, but no sets really clicked. Mars Mission looked a bit ugly to me (I still don't like the orange wheels and treads) and Castle was never big with me. But then something caught my eye upon debut, and it was the Agents line. Someone had posted links to Eurobricks reviews on each of the sets, and I was hooked. After reading each one, I knew I had to collect each and every one of these sets. The spy theme and the colors of both factions were an instant win. After some deliberation, I headed to Toys 'R Us on my next payday. Once I entered the store, I went straight to the newly released Agents display and grabbed what I had came for. #8635 - Mission 6: Mobile Command Center.

My family wasn't rich when I was growing up and I never got anything bigger than the medium-sized sets so I knew I had to get the biggest one this time around. But it didn't end there. I've grabbed every set so far, which includes the Volcano Base but excludes the Speedboat Rescue and Deep Sea Quest. The smaller sets saw multiple purchases, grabbing much needed extra bricks for modding and MOCing, which is why I've made this thread. I'd like to share with everyone what I've made so far after starting anew with LEGO as an adult fan. Hopefully, I can showcase future additions to the thread without a penalty for bumping. When it comes time for such an update, I'll contact a moderator.

But enough of that, here's what the thread is all about.

LEGO Content

WARNING: All photos shown in this thread were taken with a horrible Motorola RAZR camera phone. I apologize in advance for the eye agony. I plan on replacing every photo with better quality pictures once I get my new camera.

Agent MOCs:

Unfortunately, I don't have many bricks in my new collection to MOC anything of value within the theme. Aside from Figures, this section is relatively empty for both factions.

Garage Monkeys: Grease (left) and Slick (right)

1221733067.jpg

I recently came across a small cookie tin of spare LEGO parts, mostly my favorite minifigs from my childhood years. Delightful. So with the spare parts, I put these two generic, yet delightfully awesome, garage mechanics. While chatting with my girlfriend as I fiddled with my hulking Command Center, I joked about how these two guys were the brains of the Agents operation or how Slick could be Agent Chase in his previous occupation. All I need for these guys is a tool wheel and a jack, preferably in yellow.

Command Center Driver: Axle

1221732952.jpg

After setting up my Command Center, I came to the realization that one team member will always be needed to drive the hulking 12-stud wide truck. This guy here used to be my unnamed "main guy," who had Jedi powers and could wield dual chrome-handled lightsabers. His battles against Insectoids and UFO aliens are over, so he shacked up with the Agents team and provides their Command Center with some unfair defenses. The missiles included with the set are guided by his use of the Force. Okay, I was kidding about the Force, but that'd be awesome.

Pilots: Agent Fuel (left) and Agent Burn (Right)

1221733149.jpg

Another thing that bothers me, especially with the mini-jet in Mobile Command Center and Fuse's jet in Gold Rush, is that the Agents will need to remove their hair pieces for helmets if you want them to "properly" pilot their vehicles. What I ended up doing was reaching into what little LEGO I had left over from my childhood for some spare minifig parts and came up with these two figs. Fuel usually rides in the copter from Volcano Base while Burn sticks with Fuse's Jet while they help the Agents team with air support during dangerous missions.

Agent Mods

So far, none of the modifications I've made warrent photos, so I'll list what I've done so far on this end.

- Turbocar Chase: The Turbocar's ejection seat, although a really neat idea, never worked the way it was shown. I removed most of the mechanism and rebuilt the passenger seat exactly as the driver's.

- Volcano Base: Another neat feature, the copter's net-dropping feature, was too cumbersome and time consuming to reload when I was fiddling around with the set. It worked great, but I removed the axel and covered the hole, fixing the cockpit to be more pilot friendly in the process.

Agent Digital Designs

LEGO Digital Designer does not offer a wide variety of "Earth Blue" parts, so this section will be filled mostly with what I dub my "Modular Agents HQ" project.

Modular Agents HQ: Unit 1 - Garage

LDDScreenShot70.png

Front View

Lounge Area

Tools and Storage

Defense Turret

This digital MOC came after many, many hours in LDD. This is actually number 6 in a series of failed attempts to build the Agents team with a rightful headquarters. There's a history here, but I won't get into that story right now. The back end is open for playability and display, and many design elements borrow from already existing sets such as the Mobile Command Center and Volcano Base. Doors from Volcano Base are clearly seen from the front view, designed to use an extra "A" sticker that'll be cut in half for each side. Additional stickers will be used for the command computers on the upper deck, as well. An interesting note, the width of the door's opening is 12 studs which should be compatible with road baseplates.

I'm currently planning out an add-on for this unit, a sort of expansion for the garage itself to offer a more physical area to house the turbocar and motorcycle.

Modular Agents HQ: Unit 2 - Command Room

LDDScreenShot80.png

Opposite View

What's a headquarters without a central command room? The sunken floor design focuses on the central computing station where I'll be using a newly designed fig. The main Agents team can be debriefed while stting at their own stations in each of the room's wings. The black plates on the walls will be used for additional sticker displays. The schematics of a modular unit for my HQ project start with the 32x16 baseplate given in LDD. The bottom is one brick and one plate high, with 1x2 single-hole Technic bricks to connect each unit via pin. Door placement is 6 studs away from a corner, allowing 6 doors total.

Inferno MOCs

Inferno 4x4 Buggy with Trailer & Break Jaw's Jet Ski

1221686361.jpg

Buggy Detail

Trailer Detail

Jet Ski Detail

I'm not sure if this can be labeled as an original MOC, since I've borrowed from two pre-existing designs. The buggy is almost a complete rip-off of the Agents buggy included with the Mobile Command Center. This was an attempt to equalize the vehicle force between the two factions, but Inferno is still outnumbered by the Agents' ability to create vehicles out of no more than 11 pieces. The Jet Ski from Swamp Raid was rebuilt using instructions for the Coast Guard #7737 4WD & Scooter. I really liked the design of the scooter, and the additional bulk allowed the really crappy 5-piece jet ski to become a more formidable opposing vehicle. The trailer was build using spare parts, and isn't up to code for proper transport but it'll do for the time being.

Dr. Inferno's Throne

1221716464.jpg

In a review thread for the Volcano Base, someone had mentioned how the interior was barren and Inferno's fantastically designed chair should be on a raised platform. I took that idea and molded this little contraption for use in my own modified Volcano Base. It was originally placed in the chair's original position but now it's on its own plate so it can easily be moved into the proper location when the Base is opened up.

Inferno Thugs: Freaky Face (left) and Gilmore (right)

1221691360.jpg1221691245.jpg

Freaky Face (named by the girlfriend) was built using the second Spy-clops I got from the Volcano Base. The head is an old dark gray/green Insectoid head . The weapon is actually a monstrosity, using the barrel cut from an old Wild West shotgun (lightsaber blades didn't exist yet) and the axe head from another block company. I hope to replace this with an Orc axe or something.

Gilmore was an accident. Literally. I grabbed the wrong head from my spares while making a diving Inferno Henchman. I kept him due to the extreme lack of aqua-based Inferno Thugs aside from the EU-exclusive Slime Face. Once I grab the Speedboat Rescue, he'll replace Break Jaw on the crane platform until I can grab Deep Seq Quest where he'll help out his Slime Face buddy.

Inferno Thugs: Bulls Eye (left) and Shadow (right)

1221691426.jpg1221691451.jpg

Bulls Eye looks a lot less simplistic as his name. He'll be supporting Break Jaw in the swamp, or providing sabotage with remotely triggered mines. He's actually a lot more adequately equipped than the other Thugs. You gotta love the old school Storm Trooper head.

Shadow has a ridiculously generic name, but nothing else suits him better than relation to stealth and concealment. I was lucky to have kept one Ninja from the old sets and scrapped it for parts to make another rank in the line of Inferno Thugs. Shadow is essentially the unseen member in most Inferno operations, acting as an espionage expert for offensive attacks or an invisible guard while working defense.

Inferno Thugs: Hench Man (left) and Robo-Chase (right)

1221691518.jpg1221691311.jpg

Okay, the fig isn't really a MOC, but the Chainsaw is awesome. I took a few extra bits I had laying around and whipped up this monster weapon. That grin works perfectly with it.

Robo-Chase is another extra part moshup that could work great as an in depth storyline plot. There's a champer pod posted below that could be Robo-Chase's origins.

Inferno Mods

Inferno 4x4 Truck

1221742836.jpg

Front End

Back End

Axel Mod

I think I posted this one once before. The trailer gimmick was pretty cute, but cumbersome. After dismanteling it, I had enough parts to extend the truck's bed. Once flimsy roll bars were added, the modification made the vehicle a bit more menacing. A tailgate was easily added for more functional cargo containment. The front end was put onto a hinge so it can lower to reveal twin guns, evidence of vehicle equalization so it can combat Chase's Turbocar. The truck sports some greebling under the hood for an engine.

An issue I've read MANY times was the height of the clearance underneath the truck. It's high enough to put the larger wheels, making it a monster truck-type of vehicle (really cool) but I don't have any extras. On accident, I found you can raise the axle one notch on the rubber suspension pieces making it a more minifig-friendly height.

Inferno Deathcopter

1216458303.jpg

Cockpit Detail

Side View

I know I posted this one once before with an included LDD screenshot showing how to make it. It's a very sturdy modification that closes off access for Spy-Clops. To me, it's not a big deal. I loved the original design except for the lack of a cockpit. I also removed the winch system so the rotor blades can freely rotate since I really do enjoy rotating rotor blades on toy helicopters (who doesn't?)

Volcano Base Lava Crane

1221687377.jpg

Crane Detail

This was necessary. The original crane was a wimpy-looking structure that pales in comparison to this creature. My new design sports a base platform for onlookers as well as additional height so Clawdette can hear the screams of her victims as they're lowered into the molten pit of Hell. The Deathcopter's winch was put on here, mostly for safekeeping, but it gives the crane a more sinister crane system than a Throwbot/Slizer joint (lol Bionicle).

Dr. Inferno's Volcano Base

1221692884.jpg

Command Wing

Engineering Wing

Hopefully, I can get better pictures of this. The base was extended by an additional 8 studs with the help of an old 8x16 green baseplate covered with dark bley tiles. Once the screens were moved, the base itself can now house the modified 4x4 Truck and the Laser doesn't sit to the side. The additional second level offered enough room to build a docking platform for the laser to give minifigs a reasonable way to actually pilot the damn thing. The three guys upstairs are old Storm Troopers; one is an extra Spy-Clops head, the other two are the old Star Wars plain faces with black visor white helmets. I don't have anything else to use as technicians at the moment (I want NASA torsos).

Inferno Digital Designs

Inferno Stealth Boat

LDDScreenShot48.png

Separation

Jet Capsule

Docking Hull

It says boat, but it's really a jet with a docking hull. During normal operations, the "boat" houses two hidden machine guns in the front and twin jet engines in the back. Seems a bit counterintuitive towards the "stealth" part. Anyway, a bunch of stabilizing clams can be unlatched and raised to allow the Jet to sink back out from the speeding hull. Once free, the wings fold down and the jet takes off, housing twin machine guns of its own. This is another example of the vehicle equalization, mentioned earlier, to counter the boat from Speedboat Rescue and the mini-jet included with the Mobile Command Center.

3x3 Chopper

LDDScreenShot82.png

Backside

A counter to the Agents' motorcycle in Swamp Raid, the chopper's design was greatly influenced by the Brute Chopper in Halo 3. The front wheel turns on a horizontal axis and contains a hidden twin-gun pod that can raise up. Two other guns can fold down from the sides turning this thing into the deadliest tricycle ever. Here's a bonus image of a motorcycle built almost exactly like the Agents that I may Bricklink parts for later.

Dr. Inferno's Mega-throne

LDDScreenShot59.png

What can I say? It speaks for itself, really. There's a second level with computers, but who cares about that? This is meant to go directly behind an opened Volcano Base as a major replacement for Dr. Inferno's throne. What I dislike about this is the whole thing is flat in the front and I can't think of anything that could give it texture.

The End

Ah, wow. I wasn't expecting to put so much content and typing into one post. Hopefully you, the reader, were entertained or even inspired by my sharing. Any helpful suggestions, comments, and/or criticisms are greatly appreciated and accepted.

Thank-you so much for reading.

nice ^^ you got a nice agent moc collection, I love the copter!

These are amazing Skorpius! :thumbup:

My favorite though has to be the Agents' base. That command room is fantastic!

All of the other ones are great as well, but it would take me forever to get through all of them. So I will just say, Great work! :classic:

Cooool! Admittedly I didn't read much of the text, but I looked at all the pictures and the creations are all great! :laugh:

My favorite though has to be the Agents' base. That command room is fantastic!

Just what I would say. :thumbup:

Keep up the nice MOC's.

:skull:

Great :thumbup::thumbup:

I am a great Agents fan too...But I don't own any sets... :cry_sad:

But of the MOC's and MOD's; One Thing: :thumbup: Keep Going!

Undersigned MoWo

Command Center Driver: Axle

Yes, I am.

That Throne room with Dr. Inferno's head is really cool! How much? 200,000?

You've caprtured the Agents colour Scheme well! :thumbup: Very nice!

A very nice work, I like especially that cool Stealth Boat and the impressive and scary Mega-throne! :classic:

Thank-you for the positive comments. I hope to be able to update soon for additional information if anyone requests.

That Throne room with Dr. Inferno's head is really cool! How much? 200,000?

If you're asking about price, the total comes to about $73 USD. That's actually a bit much for my taste and I have been working on plans to reduce the cost by removing redundant or irrelevant features.

Cooool! Admittedly I didn't read much of the text, but I looked at all the pictures and the creations are all great! :laugh:

Just what I would say. :thumbup:

Keep up the nice MOC's.

:skull:

I did the same!

I love that control room!

I am waiting for the truck to come to Australia. I saw it when it was front paged, wanted it ever since.

great moc's, now you need to make a docking bay for the truck

regards, Cpt. PB

great moc's, now you need to make a docking bay for the truck

I've had the idea to work on just that very concept but I'd like to get some feedback about some ideas. Maybe I'll start a thread later about the issue and see if anyone else has any ideas.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

(Kinda Late)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE THAt HUGE DR. INFERNO THRONE!!!!!!!!!!! THE HAIR THINGY IS GREAT!

PRETTY PLEASE PUT IT UP SO I CAN BUY!

-drools-

:cry_happy:

:cry_happy:

I don't plan on putting any of the digital designs up for purchase quite yet. I'm not able to order any of these sets myself, and I'm still tweaking them especially now since LDD updated with the Custom Cars set pieces. I've added Dr. Inferno henchmen to a couple of them already and I'm looking to add more details now that some pieces come in new colors.

Once I upload, I'll update. Don't worry, I won't keep it a secret.