Interactive Apocalypse: The Ambush

23 replies to this topic

Poll: What to do? Please read post first, thanks. (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you dare approach the vehicle?

1. No, Run! One wears Shondra's suit but shares not her compassion, it's a trick! (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

2. Yes! Take your chances, it might be a friend! Death is better than what you have left anyway! (47 votes [79.66%])

Percentage of vote: 79.66%

3. Fight it! Use the gun at the top of the buolding the guards didn't reach to protect yourself! (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

In any of these options, what ot take with you?

1. A gun from a guard, it will come in handy or spook the ambushers! (17 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

2. Food and canteen from the roof, you'll need it! (41 votes [69.49%])

Percentage of vote: 69.49%

3. Nothing! A weapon or object will look suspicious and may lead to a quicker death! (1 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Take Sheckles with you in any situation?

1. Yes! Though insane and mysterious he appears honest and friendly, perhaps useful too! (52 votes [88.14%])

Percentage of vote: 88.14%

2. No! He could prove a danger and a liability! And if running you'll need more rations! (7 votes [11.86%])

Percentage of vote: 11.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

Hello, and welcome back to Interactive Apocalypse!  :skull:
Posted Image

If you are not familiar with this engaging interactive moc storyline, here is a massive but exciting lot of background to look up:
The Introduction
Part 1 - Safe Season
Part 1.5 - Strangers
Part 2 - Surviving
Part 2.5 - The Deadzone
Part 3 - Mistakes
Part 3.5 - Captured
Part 4 - Where Loyalties Lie
Part 4.5 - Xenu's Sea Fortress
Part 5 - The Battle
Part 6 - The Prison

Last time you were imprisoned in Lord Dragonator's horrible Prison:
Posted Image

You decided to stall Dragonator's request of an audience with you to wait for a mystery "Death Bringer" as rumoured by Sheckles, an equally mysterious fellow who suffers from insanity but seems to hide a dark secret, given his being in Dragonator's special prison:
Posted Image

You faked sickness, you made excuses and begged fof food to be cooked before seeing "His Lordship", and just before you were taken away, the ambush came:
Posted Image

Spewing forth Hellish flame, the two vehicles raced violently towards the prison, wiping away the guards. Colonel Kleb Miller scurried away in time, and for the first moment you saw fear in her eyes:
Posted Image

Yes, this woman cold as ice and hard as steel, her life's enjoyment built upon sadistic pleasure, fled widly away screaming, barely dodging the flames that followed her from the giant three wheeled machination:
Posted Image

Though you yourself are engulfed in fear too, your hopes of rescue are crushed, no one you knew was this violent, especially not Shondra despite her courage, courage you have none of when faced with this vehicle:
Posted Image

The roaring vehicle does not slow even over rough terrain, it seems to have a well working suspension system:
Posted Image

Top Shot:
Posted Image

Cool shot:
Posted Image

The drivers wear white, and as they draw closer one seems to be wearing Sondra's uniform!
Posted Image

Posted Image

But it might be a trick, Sondra you know beneath her determined exterior is a compassionate person, doing only what she has to with reluctance, and hiding her despair behind her wit. This violent, slaughterous attack could not be her could it?
Posted Image

The smaller vehicle is not as dangerous but brings violence and death also:
Posted Image

The robot incorporated into the monstrosity reminds you of the destroyed Weapons Bot 99, yet somehow even colder:
Posted Image

Blazing guns and scorching fire maybe, but this one you recognise only as a distraction for gunfire being quicker:
Posted Image

you amy be facing death, you are lucky a precise shot from this one blew open your prison for you and Sheckles:
Posted Image

Oh, and this is totally Hinckley's skeleton being torched!  :grin:

Epic final shot:
Posted Image

Normal day shots:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What to do with this situation? Do you run? Do you stay and dare see if they are benevolent to you? Do you fight in self defense?

Furthermore, using your escape opportunity, what do you take with you in any choice? A gun? Some rations Nothing to avoid suspicion form the ambushers?

Even furthermore, do you take Sheckles with you? Yes? No? Choices.

Make them wisely EB, this world is counting on you.

Can you survive?
Posted Image

Notes:
Yes, surprised the moc is smaller this time? This is all part of my more effective format, that is, making the moc appropriate size to the story. Credit goes to Sandy for the help on this one. Don't worry, big things WILL come, but when the story or choice demands it, I won't try to inflate what shouldn't be.

Also, credit to Sandy and iamded's suggestions, I am delving into the characrers more. You may notice in this one you get more of an idea who Shondra is, and also who Kleb Miller is. I chose to do this more subtlety but there may be a character thread one day.

Amusingly enough, this is the first chapter to not introduce new characters, there will be more, but for now I am delving into older ones and in this case keeping the spotlight on current ones.

Also, big things planned this season, I have a storyline planned. The choices dictate a great many things regarding the outcome (of which there are many) but I always have a key plot detail.

Hope you enjoyed and comments appreciated!

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 Pencoin

Pencoin

Member: 2415

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Great vehicles, I love how you did those flames  :thumbup:.
Posted Image
Look into those beautiful eyes, the eyes of a hero. Mata-Nui.

Stop and Smell the Vorox
You need help to defeat the bone hunters in My LEGO Network? Then please consult my guide! For Bara Magna!
Befriend me here: http://mln.lego.com/...ew/pencoin.aspx You'll get clicks!

Daven Mission Force
.....Coming soon.....
Sneak peak: Here
Click This! Listen to it all the way through.

#3 Are92 RoWar

Are92 RoWar

Member: 3494

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

Those meanies stole my car! Just kidding! But I'm gonna fight them with a gun!
"When you have lemons, make lemonade."
"Grandmother one said 'Get those damn kids off my lawn'"

#4 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:03 PM

Yay for the rescue! If that's what it is...

I don't think you noticed, though, that you slighty changed Sondra's name to Shondra. But if she truly returns, I'll be happy! That's why I voted for the protagonist to approach the vehicles (I know you wouldn't kill him in any case, because that would mean the end of the series).

Anyway, I'm glad that the female canine running the prison lived to see another day - and another episode. She's too delicious of a character to be killed off just like that. :wink:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#5 Zepher

Zepher

• Green!

Member: 3241

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

I voted, before I forget, to approuch, take food, and bring Sheckles.  Nice build, I love the vechieles.  I'm interested to see if the person is related to where Sondra came from, or is related to her in anyway.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Lil' Zepher In Mafia School

#6 Guss

Guss

• One armed pirate

Member: 3895

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

I  love the vehicles too, but aren't the flames a little too long ? ^^
Posted Image

#7 MacK

MacK

• The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hey great installment of IA Batbrick, I love the vehicles you've made so far espeically the trike, it seems very fitting for the post-apocolaypse theme, there's something about it that says awsome :thumbup: . As for what I voted I said take some food, and rations because you never know for sure how long it's going to be until you can get some more besides it appears that it would be stupid to attack as they have more fire power. I also get the feeling that these guys who are attacking are on your side or at least they share a common enemy with you since their attacking Dragonators prison, so I think that it's likely that it's Sondra  in her suite and not some one else. Lastly I voted to take Sheckles with you because he might prove usefull, perhaps he might even be the reason that these guy's are attacking the prison :oh3: .

In short great work Batbrick, I only hope that we make the right choices, and I can't wait for the next one :sweet: .

#8 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Member: 1483

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:51 AM

Yay! Invaders! Big tricycle tread thing! :tongue:  Good episode, and and I like that you're trying to delve into the characters, but this is a little too much too fast- a little too dramatic. :wink: I think you should tone it down, just a bit.

I think you should try to find out how they are, just be really careful. If it were an option, I'd say to hide among the ruins, if they stop, watch them, try to find out who they are. If they leave, follow. (Slowly. You still have a wooden leg! :sing:  :cry_sad: )

I'd say grab the gun and the food, but that's not an option, either!

Take Sheckles. I have a feeling he's going to be important.

View PostGuss, on Sep 14 2008, 08:46 AM, said:

Nope- Assuming that these are similar to modern flamethrowers, they shoot suprisingly far. Nasty, nasty weapons, though.
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#9 Scouty

Scouty

• [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:57 AM

Very good ep. And I love the moc.

I said:

Yes, take the chance...

Food and canteen...(How are you seen as a threat with food/water? "Beware! I have peaches!" )

Yes, take Sheckles.
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#10 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:15 AM

This is getting so much interesting.  :tongue:

I will want him to take his chance. Grab some food and canteen from the roof. He has been starving for a long period of time to bid for his escape. Of course, take Sheckles with him. I am sure he will be useful in the future.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#11 MacK

MacK

• The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:39 AM

View PostImperialScouts, on Sep 14 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

Food and canteen...(How are you seen as a threat with food/water? "Beware! I have peaches!" )

You never know:

Posted Image

:tongue:
Also I agree with Mr. Mandalorian, that you are going a little bit too fast in introducing new charecters, and plot twists. Still this was a great episode Batbrick, I can't wait to see what happens next :sweet:   .

#12 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:36 AM

I like everything in this chapter: the story, the MOCs (very intetseting built!) and the personality sketches.

Great job, BatBrick :thumbup: !

Answers: stay, take food and keep Sheckles with you.

LuxorV

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#13 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

First of all: Don't worry about the size of today's episode's MOC, Batbrick, the sheer brilliance of its design absolutely makes up for it! In fact, that tricycle-like vehicle is the most original MOC I have seen in a while! Very good job! :thumbup:

On to the story: I, like many others, have decided to approach the strangers with food. This way I wont be seen as a thread and will have something that the strangers surely want, so they wont harm me in order not to harm the food, no matter if they're friendly or not.
But unlike most of you, I voted against taking Sheckles with me. It's nice that he heard right about the "Death Bringers" coming and shared that information with me, but I don't see how an insane old man could be of much further use.

Keep it up, Batbrick!

#14 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:20 AM

Now, as this particular episode doesn't involve me, I think I'll share my thoughts as a viewer rather than as a biased warlord. :wink:

First of all, the builds look great Batbrick. They may not be big, but they are certainly cool, and look the part. I love the big wheels and streams of fire. A very cool design I must say.

Now, for the voting. I'm in two minds about this, on the one hand, it is a bit of a coincidence that this person has turned up and happens to be wearing Sondra's suit, but then, she is extremely vicious. That said, it has been two years since you last saw her, so perhaps she has changed, for better... or worse. I think that it is unlikely there is any chance of escape, so take your chances I say. It pains me to say it, but if these people are attacking Lord Dragonator's prison (blasphemy in itself!), then they are most likely going to be friends of yours.

Next, take the food and canteen, in this world, food is a very important factor. Lastly, take Sheckles along, he may be mad, but he's been with you for two years, and it might be interesting to find out why Lord Dragonator had him imprisoned.

Well, this response is a bit shorter than usual, but I think I've covered everything. Well done, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. One thing I;d really like to see is some of your brick-built creatures, they were awesome, and I'm missing them... :cry_sad:

Other than that, keep it up! :thumbup:

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#15 Eilif

Eilif

• Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Short sweet, and action packed. Well Done!

I find it interesting that most EB'ers, myself included,  seem to have such faith in the goodness of the charachters.  Most of us voted to approach the mysterious vehicles, not bring guns, and bring along the crazy dude.
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#16 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

View PostDragonator, on Sep 15 2008, 12:20 AM, said:

Now, as this particular episode doesn't involve me, I think I'll share my thoughts as a viewer rather than as a biased warlord. :wink:

Good. It's hard to take you seriously as a girl.  :tongue:
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#17 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:59 AM

Woo, those are some sweet MOCs! Very cool indeed! A very creative and unique way of making them, I love it! Of course, the treads get bonus points. :grin: This is looking promising, or perhaps deadly. I think I made good choices. Or perhaps horrible mistakes, condemning us to doom. :laugh: We'll see.

First, I voted the second option;

Yes! Take your chances, it might be a friend! Death is better than what you have left anyway!
I mean, really, what do we have left? Our friends could all be gone, and I know that the enemy of our enemy is not necessarily our friend, but we can at least take the chance. They did free you after all.

Secondly, I voted for the first choice.

A gun from a guard, it will come in handy or spook the ambushers!
Hopefully they'll see you as wanting to join them, not as threatening. I wouldn't leave this place unarmed anyway, so a gun could be your best friend right now.

And finally, I voted the latter choice.

No! He could prove a danger and a liability! And if running you'll need more rations!
I still don't trust him. I realise if Dragonator locked him up here, he won't exactly be his best friend, but he could still be dangerous. Best to keep him out of things.

Ooh, that was fun. Can't wait to see what happens next! :laugh:
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#18 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:34 AM

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Sep 16 2008, 12:07 PM, said:

Good. It's hard to take you seriously as a girl.  :tongue:

:oh3: I'll have you know that beneath this pretty exterior there is a strong, 21st century woman ready stand up for herself! Do not under estimate the power of a dress! I'm a lawyer you know. :wink: Moonlight has need of my talents! :sweet:

Besides, look who's talking Mr. Mandy Lori Ann. :tongue:

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#19 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

View PostDragonator, on Sep 15 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

Besides, look who's talking Mr. Mandy Lori Ann. :tongue:

Touche.

Posted Image

#20 Inertia

Inertia

• Rebellious Snot

Member: 2653

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:42 AM

I'm not in the Baritones, but it's good reading!

I love this chapter, the new firetanks are pretty interesting, but really cool. That Reminds me, I better get around to posting my IA vehicles, although, I can't have one as big as Lord Dragonator, that would be inconsiderate! :laugh:

Great new chapter, I wonder how this turns out....
I Return! I got lost upon the path of Life

Inertiatieri, A Rather DeadCaptain in The Baritones 2!

Hoist the Posted Image colors!!

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic:

Posted Image

Please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#21 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:34 AM

Great work on the flametanks.
They fit well into the theme. :thumbup:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 h.k.

h.k.

Member: 3514

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:20 AM

Nice... I voted to go to the vehicle. It would catch me any way. Also, provisions would be scarce here, and thus needed. I don't want to leave this guy alone, even if he turns out to be pure crazy or something.
Keep up the fantastic work.
"Inconceivable!" - Vizzini, Princess Bride

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sorry I took so long to reply!

View PostAre92 RoWar, on Sep 15 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

Those meanies stole my car! Just kidding! But I'm gonna fight them with a gun!
Er, what?

View PostSandy, on Sep 15 2008, 01:03 AM, said:

I don't think you noticed, though, that you slighty changed Sondra's name to Shondra. But if she truly returns, I'll be happy! That's why I voted for the protagonist to approach the vehicles (I know you wouldn't kill him in any case, because that would mean the end of the series).

Anyway, I'm glad that the female canine running the prison lived to see another day - and another episode. She's too delicious of a character to be killed off just like that. :wink:
Thanks Sandy, thanks for noting that little mistake, serves me right for posting that so late  :laugh:
Glad you like what's happening.

View PostGuss, on Sep 15 2008, 03:46 AM, said:

It's a flamethrower, you have no idea how far those bad boys can fire  :wink:

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Sep 15 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

Yay! Invaders! Big tricycle tread thing! :tongue:  Good episode, and and I like that you're trying to delve into the characters, but this is a little too much too fast- a little too dramatic. :wink: I think you should tone it down, just a bit.
Thanks, and definite agreement here. I was rushing so much to post the topic I didn't read it back and see the faults, so thanks for the little criticism.

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on Sep 15 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

First of all: Don't worry about the size of today's episode's MOC, Batbrick, the sheer brilliance of its design absolutely makes up for it! In fact, that tricycle-like vehicle is the most original MOC I have seen in a while! Very good job! :thumbup:
Thanks Oky!  :sweet:
I thankyou for your comments, I tried to make it as original as I could, so I'm glad I succeeded.

View PostDragonator, on Sep 15 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

First of all, the builds look great Batbrick. They may not be big, but they are certainly cool, and look the part. I love the big wheels and streams of fire. A very cool design I must say.

Well, this response is a bit shorter than usual, but I think I've covered everything. Well done, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. One thing I;d really like to see is some of your brick-built creatures, they were awesome, and I'm missing them... :cry_sad:
Thanks mate!  And don't worry, brickbuilt creatures are on their way I promise, this part is merely a bridge to further importance.

View PostEilif, on Sep 16 2008, 04:36 AM, said:

Short sweet, and action packed. Well Done!

I find it interesting that most EB'ers, myself included,  seem to have such faith in the goodness of the charachters.  Most of us voted to approach the mysterious vehicles, not bring guns, and bring along the crazy dude.
I'm surprised at the faith people seem to have too, especially given the setting. Thanks for the compliments.

View Postiamded, on Sep 16 2008, 01:59 PM, said:

Woo, those are some sweet MOCs! Very cool indeed! A very creative and unique way of making them, I love it! Of course, the treads get bonus points. :grin: This is looking promising, or perhaps deadly. I think I made good choices. Or perhaps horrible mistakes, condemning us to doom. :laugh: We'll see.
~Peace
Thanks mate, glad you like it. Thought you'd like the treads too.

Oh and btw, to reveal the mystery of the deadly food, I merely meant a distance glint of sun off a canteen could be mistaken for a fire arm  :wink:

So your votes are:
To go with the assailants.
To take food and water.
To take Sheckles.

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#24 Tim Bit

Tim Bit

Member: 4121

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

I just joined and this had to be the first topic I posted in due to the fact I've been following the story from the begining.

Onto what I think I think its a great moc with great use of flames and treads, this is one of my fave mocs ever.

The story is also looking good, I pray that thats sondra it would be a bummer If it wasn't.
"I'm proud to be Canadian...eh!"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users